How much weight have you lost and how long did it take?

Options

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11. I started at 190 in October 2010. I'm currently 143. I really didn't get serious until January 2012 and I weighed in at 180 then. My goal weight was 157, so I'm a tad south of that right now. Never thought I'd want the scale to go up! LOL
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I started here last year, about this time.
    SW: 168. CW: 134 GW: 115

Taken me a whole year to lose 34lbs. Bit disappointed but I'm 34lbs better off then last year! :-)
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    37.2lb, 17 months very slow, have been battling the last few for quite some time though and I've been lifting now since October so the scale hasn't been mattering as much as inches etc. Most of the weight loss was Jan-Oct last year but I have broken my plateau and hit 3 lb to goal in the past month or so.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    100 lbs in 1 year (almost to the day). Started at 273 lbs, aged 44 years and am 5 ft 10". I am now 5 lbs away from my goal weight and maintenance :bigsmile:
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    12513244.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

5 months.. wow congrats to all the weight loss everyone..
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    78 lbs in 15 months....22 to go!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    350 days - 68 lbs. (may be a little more as i get weighed in today) Would be more if i hadn't got really sick for 5 mor 6 months of that time and had to stop exercising... x
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    Nothing. Two weeks.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have Lost 310 lbs. in 37 months starting weight 560 lbs. current weight is 250 lbs.
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    bump
  • ironicusername
    Options
    I started in early March and I lost 30 pounds... unfortunately June was not so good, so I gained 5 back. I joined recently and so far so good. =]

And yes, inches count so much more than weight, especially if you're working out at all. The last time I lost a lot of weight was by working out a ton and even though my weight hardly budged, my size changed dramatically.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    69 pounds in 7 months

Been maintaining for nearly 4 months
  • keyer23
    keyer23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    This is SO awesome! Congratulations again!
  • hyndsie
    hyndsie Posts: 22
    Options
    my diet / fitness plan started on 2nd june 2012. i weighed in at, 228.4lbs.

i weigh in every sunday, yesterday i was 205.2lb.

so 6 weeks ive lost 23.2lbs

my goal weight is 175 (im 5' 10")
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    3 months, about 20 lbs! Thats with diet, or I should say, a life change of eating, and running 6 days per week!

Basil
  • illuria
    illuria Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    3 months, 5 lbs. Mainly what I've done is a nutrition change - choosing better foods. I have a lot of different/coinciding medical conditions that make steady high intensity exercise more difficult, but i am trying to move more. It's at least slow and steady, that's what I keep telling myself. And I am very happy to notice changes in my body and some conditions easing up due to a better food choice.

Keep it up everyone - you are doing an excellent job! :-)
  • Marquerite11
    Marquerite11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started back up some time in May at weighing 224lbs. Currently I'm at 204lbs. So for me I lost 20lbs in 2 months. : D I don't have a gym membership so I did it all in my living room. OH YEAH! :glasses:
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I've been losing very slowly over a number of years.

I was at my highest in 2008. I stopped eating french fries and swapping it out for salad. I lost a few pounds. I found a phone app in 2010 and started using it. I lost a few more pounds. I started with MFP in April of 2011. Since then I have lost 45?? lbs. Altogether I've lost 80 or 90 pounds since 2008.

I'm about 10-15 lbs from goal, but I'm really not too worried about it right now. I'll keep tracking my food and keep exercising, but as long as I maintain until the middle of October, I'm good. I'll work on the last 10-15 from October to May.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    37 lbs in 5 months. First 20 came off quickly in first two months. then I plateaued for a while when I added cardio to my day because I was eating too low. Now that i knocked my goal to .5 to 1 lb per week instead of two, it is coming back off again. My lifetime goal is about 25 lbs away, but if I just lose another 10-15 lbs, I can live with that.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Started 16th April 2011 and today got to 178.75 pounds loss so far. Still have a little more to go.