Insanity - started today (7/16/12)

Options

Replies

• Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I did two weeks and it KILLED my knees. Then I just went to Chicago for two days which totally ruined my habits, so I think I'm just going to start in the beginning again. and maybe get new shoes. I have a really good pair of cross trainers, but I have had them for quite some time, so it's probably time for a new pair.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Hi Molly! Thanks for friending me. I had some knee issues in the beginning as well so I bought a new pair of cross trainers and voila so far much better! Good luck!
  • cnkorthanke
    Options
    Hey fellow Insanity followers! Hope you all had great day and your workouts were a success! Here are my 2nd Fit test results from today:

Switch Kicks 53 Switch Kicks 53
    Power Jacks 40 Power Jacks 52
    Power Knees 93 Power Knees 95
    Power Jumps 30 Power Jumps 34
    Globe Jumps 8 Globe Jumps 12
    Suicide Jumps 13 Suicide Jumps 14
    Push-up Jacks 14 Push-up Jacks 18
    Low Plank Oblique 52 Low Plank Oblique 60
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Well that's month one done! I feel fan-blooming-tastic!

I can see a difference, i can def feel a difference and Ive lost 3.3inches in total. Maybe about 2lbs.

Looking forward to month 2 after my recovery week!!

Keep going everyone!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hey fellow Insanity followers! Hope you all had great day and your workouts were a success! Here are my 2nd Fit test results from today:

Switch Kicks 53 Switch Kicks 53
    Power Jacks 40 Power Jacks 52
    Power Knees 93 Power Knees 95
    Power Jumps 30 Power Jumps 34
    Globe Jumps 8 Globe Jumps 12
    Suicide Jumps 13 Suicide Jumps 14
    Push-up Jacks 14 Push-up Jacks 18
    Low Plank Oblique 52 Low Plank Oblique 60

Fabulous progress! Those globe jumps kill me every time! Good luck with the next couple of weeks until you take the test again!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Well that's month one done! I feel fan-blooming-tastic!

I can see a difference, i can def feel a difference and Ive lost 3.3inches in total. Maybe about 2lbs.

Looking forward to month 2 after my recovery week!!

Keep going everyone!!!

WTG Puckers! I just finished day 3 of Month 2 and I am sore all over again. These workouts are as hard as everyone warns; however, I was surprised at how much of them I was able to get through...albeit I still need to take more breaks than Shaun offers. Good luck with Recovery Week. See you on the other side!
  • Megz0405
    Megz0405 Posts: 38
    Options
    I was really debating on doing Insanity or TurboFire. But I figured because of the cardio aspect I'd start with TF, but seeing every bodies posts makes me think I should have bought Insanity )=

994327.png[/url]
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3 Max Cardio Conditioning

This is an even more whacked out version of Pure Cardio. 47 minutes of non stop cardio and even more ways to do a push up then I knew had been invented! This may be one of the most challenging workouts in Insanity and I know it left me with the most sweat dripping off my body. In fact, during the cool down when I rolled up from the stretch about 5 - 6 drops came pouring off my face all at once!

Looking forward to my first Max Recovery day tomorrow. My body is so sore and I hope recovery makes it feel a bit better. This week finishes with a second attempt at Max Cardio Intervals and Max Interval Plyo. I hope I'm able to keep up with both a bit better the 2nd time around and my calories burns reflect a bit higher numbers.
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Considering adding this into my rotation...so bumping so I can find you all again :)
  • telcochik
    Options
    I was really debating on doing Insanity or TurboFire. But I figured because of the cardio aspect I'd start with TF, but seeing every bodies posts makes me think I should have bought Insanity )=

994327.png[/url]

I am a Turbo Fire ADDICT!!! I lost like 15 of my 43 lbs after 2 rounds of TF. Chalene is a wonderful instructor and the program itself is a lot of fun. Honestly, I was too intimidated to do Insanity for a long time. What changed my mind...a) I tried Rockin Body and fell in love with Shaun T's style and b) I watched the infomercial a bazillion more times and decided it was time to stop being such a wuss (and c) I want to earn that tee shirt!!!) :bigsmile:

You can't go wrong with either program. They're both challenging in their own way. Since you already bought TF give that one a try for a month. If you purchased through Beachbody then you get a 30 day money back guarantee so you can return it for a full refund if it's not for you...although I think you'll LOVE it! The cardio conditioning you'll build from TF will help you tremendously to prep for Insanity.

Stay in touch and let me know how you're making out!
    Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 6 Day 4 Max Recovery

The use of the word "recovery" in this one is totally misleading. There isn't anything relaxing about it (to me anyway) and I didn't feel refreshed when it was over. Now that I've experienced all 4 of the Max workouts I can honestly say if I make it through this month I deserve a big reward!!! :tongue:
  • puckers82
    Options
    lol im really looking forward to month 2 but your posts make me feel like im heading into the unknown lol So tonight's tv is to watch the month 2 dvd's then worry about them after my week of recovery.

Rest day for me today, been to the park with the boys and messed around with a basketball a little but my leg is playing up today, think i might have pushed it yesterday! It was feeling great but my stupid dog decided to play up a few days ago on our walk and i pulled it a little bit again, still its getting there!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Puckers my advice to you is to charge full steam ahead without thinking twice about it. I've decided this round is a "practice" round and that I'm going to do a 2nd round once this one is done to see if my results improve.
  • puckers82
    Options
    Im def going to do another round when i finish this one, ive got the insanity bug. I may be stood there asking why i started this half way through a dvd but love it really lol
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    Puckers - You cracked me up when you said you were wondering why you did this... I am right there with ya! LOL! Loving it though and on week 4, day 3 tonight. Sounds like you totally got this :)
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3 Max Cardio Conditioning

This is an even more whacked out version of Pure Cardio. 47 minutes of non stop cardio and even more ways to do a push up then I knew had been invented! This may be one of the most challenging workouts in Insanity and I know it left me with the most sweat dripping off my body. In fact, during the cool down when I rolled up from the stretch about 5 - 6 drops came pouring off my face all at once!

Looking forward to my first Max Recovery day tomorrow. My body is so sore and I hope recovery makes it feel a bit better. This week finishes with a second attempt at Max Cardio Intervals and Max Interval Plyo. I hope I'm able to keep up with both a bit better the 2nd time around and my calories burns reflect a bit higher numbers.

I've been reading your posts and I'm about a week ahead of you on Insanity. I noticed you've mentioned a lot of soreness throughout. If you don't have a Recovery drink in your regimen. I use a product called Acclerade that has done wonders for me when doing P90X and now Insanity. The company also makes another product called Endurox4 which is a bit more calories. You can get them at GNC and other health food stores. Serving of that in about 8-12oz of water right after Insanity seems to do wonders for me. I was a little sore Day 2 & 3 of Month 1 and even less on Day 2 of Month 2. It seems to do wonders for me and I'm always ready to roll the next day with very little soreness. GNC often has this 2 for 1 sale and it's like $25 for a tub of it.
  • puckers82
    Options
    Puckers - You cracked me up when you said you were wondering why you did this... I am right there with ya! LOL! Loving it though and on week 4, day 3 tonight. Sounds like you totally got this :)

lol I wish i had it! Im just enjoying it. Just watched a few from month 2 and strangely im looking forward to it and excited about it, im sure that will all change when im doing it and im sure im gonna be on the floor for most of it!! Looks like ill have much better strength in my arms when im done with month 2, not sure how im gonna cope with that many push-ups, my arms still feel weak after month 1!
  • GettingDBack
    GettingDBack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Today is weigh day and I have not lost any weight nor have I gained since I increased my caloric intake. I know that my sugar intake is high but like to eat plenty of fruit. I will keep my calories at 1400 for another week to see whats happens.
  • puckers82
    Options
    Today is weigh day and I have not lost any weight nor have I gained since I increased my caloric intake. I know that my sugar intake is high but like to eat plenty of fruit. I will keep my calories at 1400 for another week to see whats happens.

Ive been the same but im usually around 1700, scales said +2lbs this week but that might be because its TOM, well im hoping anyway! I never know if i should up like beachbody says or to drop, im scared to eat as many as they say!
  • GettingDBack
    GettingDBack Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Ive been the same but im usually around 1700, scales said +2lbs this week but that might be because its TOM, well im hoping anyway! I never know if i should up like beachbody says or to drop, im scared to eat as many as they say!
    I never reach the 1400, I always have at least 100 calories left over, but I'm not hungry. I will give it another week and see what happens.