Insanity - started today (7/16/12)

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Insanity. Fit Test done...OMG I was shaking at the end from the exertion. This time I'm going to try hard to remember that I'm not competing against anyone during this program. I don't have to keep up with Shaun T or anyone else on the screen. I just need to do my best and try to improve my own performance.

My husband is out of town on business for the next 10 days so I'll be spending that time working on becoming fully immersed in the Insanity eating plan and workouts 6x/week. I'm also fully committed to not drinking any alcohol for the next 60 days. Looking forward to seeing results at the end of this initial jump start!

I totally feel this! My husband is working 12-hour days 6 days a week so I've got the time & space. I stared at the box for two weeks and then decided I was going to 'jump in.'

I lost my lunch after the fit test - but I was watching the t.v. and inadvertently tuned my reps to coincide with theirs...no bueno!

I need to take it at my own pace and increase as I go. I'm only on day three butI'm intereted to see if I can get a good turnaround in 60 days.

I did before pics and measurements...did you??

GOOD LUCK!

Hi Dawn! Good for you for finally opening the box to start! I did take before pics and measurements but I'm not ready (i.e. brave) to post them yet. I plan to do so after I get through month 1 though so hopefully I'll be seeing some results by then.

Gonna friend you because us Insane people need to stick together!!!

Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    Today is my scheduled rest day. I took my dog for a 3 mile walk at Cove Island Park and it was lovely. I got on the scale this morning and saw a 2.5 lb loss!!! Very motivating way to end the first week.

Off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday. I'll be back here tomorrow for the start of Insanity week 2!!!

Hope everyone else enjoys their day!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 2 day 1 - Cardio Power and Resistance is complete. Wow I was dripping with sweat when it was done. That is one hard mofo workout. I was proud to get through it all!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mkshortall
    mkshortall Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just started the recovery week of Insanity and do really enjoy the program. I find that sometimes I have to mentally push myself more than the physical. I think that I am too tired when really I can get some more done...Please add me so we can motivate each other! :smile:
  • telcochik
    Options
    I just started the recovery week of Insanity and do really enjoy the program. I find that sometimes I have to mentally push myself more than the physical. I think that I am too tired when really I can get some more done...Please add me so we can motivate each other! :smile:

Congratulations on making it through month 1!!! So far I am both mentally and physically tired so I'm really hoping my endurance builds over the next couple of weeks. Regardless I am commited to making it through all 60 days but I would really like to be able to get through the routine stopping only for the breaks Shaun T gives and not all the additional ones I'm taking now :bigsmile:

Glad we're new Insanity buddies!
    Sharon
  • sugarfoot928
    Options
    Started Fit Test today. I have tried Insanity 3 times but never got past month 1. I am confused as to use the nutrition guide or mpf? The nutrition guide seems like a lot of calories.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Started Fit Test today. I have tried Insanity 3 times but never got past month 1. I am confused as to use the nutrition guide or mpf? The nutrition guide seems like a lot of calories.

Congratulations on trying again! I too have tried Insanity before (this is my 3rd attempt) and never made it past month 1. This time I will succeed. The nutrition guide suggested calories is based on the very common Harris Bennett calculation and takes into account age, height, activity level, and current weight. The reason the calories are higher than MFP is because they're telling you to use 1.55 as the activity level factor rather than something lower, I personally am following the construct of the plan...5 - 6 small meals per day and have used some of the suggested meals because they're appealing. In this first month though, since I don't believe I'm working to that level just yet, I used an activity factor of 1.4 which reduced my calorie allowance from 1925 to about 1750. I'm going to eat at that level for this first month and then increase to 1925 for month 2 when a) the workouts are longer and b) my endurance level should have increased to a point where I'm working much harder than I am today.

I use MFP to track my food though because it's an easy tool. Whichever you decide to go with just make sure you're eating enough to sustain the activity level. Insanity is one of the hardest programs to do so you should consider eating more than you're used to and focus on the quality of your calories...lean proteins, veggies, whole grain carbs, some fruit.

Best of luck to you! Feel free to friend me if you want some additional support.
    Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 2 Day 2 - Pure Cardio and I added Cardio Abs. I know the schedule doesn't include Cardio Abs until day 6 of this week but I know I'm not going to have a lot of time Saturday morning so I decided to move Abs to today so I just need to do Pure Cardio on Saturday.

My HRM showed a 500+ calorie burn so that was nice to see but I am so hungry this morning!!! I'm really looking forward to my chocolate Shakeology and banana for meal #2. Have a great day y'all!
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    Week 2, Day 2 - Pure Cardio completed last night. What's on tap for today???? Plyo Cardio Circuit. Looking forward to it. Dig deep people!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Nice job Luis! And thanks for posting here so I'm a little less lonely today! :bigsmile:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 2, Day 3...Plyo Cardio Circuit. Small victory...I did the entire warmup without stopping!!! :drinker: So proud for that small amount of progress.

Tomorrow is Cardio Recovery and I am really looking forward to it. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    What does the diet plan consist of? I am curious:)
  • ndwyer0910
    ndwyer0910 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    INSANITY!! I LOVE IT!! i cant follow the meal plan because I cannot afford the food :( I got the DVDs as a present cause I asked for it for christmas many years back. Yet I eat what I can as much as I can and when I feel like im lossing energy I drink a why protein shake with milk. Yet stick to it because you may not loose pounds but you will feel so much better which includes energy and endurance!

feel free to add me for anyone doing insanity!!! Or even anyone who isnt!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    The nutrition plan is really a blueprint for ensuring you get the optimal number of quality calories required for you to get through the program. You eat 5 small meals per day of real food...nothing processed. Drink tons of water. Take your regular multivitamin. That's it. The guide offers a ton of recipes to help you figure out how to eat clean. I'm trying to stay away from refined sugar myself as well. There's nothing specific to buy that's any different than what you would find in your grocery store. Focus on eating lean proteins, veggies, fruits, and whole grain starchy carbs throughout the day. If you google Insanity Nutrition guide you'll probably find a scanned version someone uploaded for review. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
  • pohlcm08
    pohlcm08 Posts: 61
    Options
    I ordered Insanity on Sunday and I can't wait for it to come in the mail!!! I know I will be sore for 60 days straight as soon as I start, but I'm so excited to be able to 1) Improve my running 2) Get more toned and 3) Say I did it by wearing the shirt!!
  • smsip7510
    smsip7510 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ahhh!!! i"m obsessed with Insanity! It's the greatest thing to ever come into my life. Keep it up girl! You will feel exhilarated after about the first few weeks and really let the muscles begin to build and cope with the insane workout. Don't give up whatever you do! Whenever I'm having a stressful day, or feel like skipping the day, I get on youtube and search "insanity results".. It always gives me the motivation to keep pushing.. That and the cute little asian with the smoking body! I'm pushing to look like her one of these days:)
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 2 Day 4 - Cardio Recovery

I've decided I really like this one. I don't enjoy yoga and this workout, unlike a lot of the other BB programs, doesn't include a yoga based workout to use for an active recovery day. I love the stretches and being focused on my breathing. I end up sweating about 1/3 of the way through which makes me feel like I've done something really good for my body. Although I wear my HRM I'm less concerned about the results during this workout because it's not about burning calories.

I like that Shaun put this workout in the middle of the week because it helps me gear up for the next 2 before my rest day. Onto day 5...!
  • telcochik
    Options
    I ordered Insanity on Sunday and I can't wait for it to come in the mail!!! I know I will be sore for 60 days straight as soon as I start, but I'm so excited to be able to 1) Improve my running 2) Get more toned and 3) Say I did it by wearing the shirt!!

I look forward to reading your postings once you get started with the program!!! There are a ton of people on MFP doing Insanity so you should have no trouble finding support if you need it! My advice...take "before" pictures and measurements so you have a starting point to compare with when you complete month 1 and 2. Most times the pictures show actual results...something the scale doesn't always do! Best of luck!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Ahhh!!! i"m obsessed with Insanity! It's the greatest thing to ever come into my life. Keep it up girl! You will feel exhilarated after about the first few weeks and really let the muscles begin to build and cope with the insane workout. Don't give up whatever you do! Whenever I'm having a stressful day, or feel like skipping the day, I get on youtube and search "insanity results".. It always gives me the motivation to keep pushing.. That and the cute little asian with the smoking body! I'm pushing to look like her one of these days:)

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I'm too focused on completing the program and earning my shirt to allow any tiredness stop me from getting my workout in each day. I really want to see my body change, although I think it will take 2 rounds before I see anything significant in terms of weight loss and muscles.