Insanity - started today (7/16/12)

Options
telcochik
telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
Day 1 of Insanity. Fit Test done...OMG I was shaking at the end from the exertion. This time I'm going to try hard to remember that I'm not competing against anyone during this program. I don't have to keep up with Shaun T or anyone else on the screen. I just need to do my best and try to improve my own performance.

My husband is out of town on business for the next 10 days so I'll be spending that time working on becoming fully immersed in the Insanity eating plan and workouts 6x/week. I'm also fully committed to not drinking any alcohol for the next 60 days. Looking forward to seeing results at the end of this initial jump start!

Replies

• kdpamd
    kdpamd Posts: 38
    Options
    Good Luck! You just inspired me to dust off my Insanity DVD's. Was going to go with 30 day shred AGAIN. But a Shaun T butt kicking may be just what I need. :tongue: Enjoy and Good Luck with the Alcohol thing. You can do it!
  • karaks
    karaks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Insanity is awesome! I have to modify a little because of my knees, but it's my favorite DVD workout! In order to push myself and still keep good form, I usually look to see what the exercise is each time and then don't look at the tv screen again until Shaun T tells me to stop/start another exercise. Good luck! :smile:
  • tifanico
    tifanico Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started last week and I'm already seeing some results.
    Does anyone want to be Insanity buddies?
  • Chan0629
    Chan0629 Posts: 19
    Options
    Good luck! I am starting this evening after work - feel free to add me everyone!
  • telcochik
    Options
    I would love to have some Insanity buddies so I will add all of you to my Friend list. Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement!
  • determinedash
    determinedash Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm currently starting an Insanity/Chalean Extreme hybrid today! Would love any new friends taking on the Insane journey!! :)
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting started!

I just started Saturday as soon as I got it in the mail! I'm excited to see what this brings. If anyone wants to add me, feel free!
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I started insanity last month and was LOVING it until life got in the way.... I have a couple more weeks of life being in the way and then I'm back at it. Congrats on starting it! Add me if you'd like an insanity buddy - I'll be starting again on august 1st.
  • laneydawn
    laneydawn Posts: 64
    Options
    Im starting tonight! Looking forward to it - its exactly the kind of workout I like and need. Someone yelling at me and telling me not to quit! Have too many clothes that dont fit properly and I refuse to buy bigger clothes! BUT will have no problem at all shopping for smaller clothes! Feel free to add me everyone...the more support with this the better! :happy:
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    I started insanity last thursday and am loving it. I do the insanity cardio routines and mix in a couple days of p90x strength routines. So far so good. Good luck to everyone. If anyone would like to, feel free to add me for support along the way. Dig Deeper!
  • GettingDBack
    GettingDBack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my second round of insanity. I did not get the max results that I expected and I believe that my diet was as fault. My cardio endurance did increase, I was able to cut a min and 30 secs from my 5K time. This time, I decided to follow the program, diet plan and I'm cutting out alcohol.
  • telcochik
    Options
    There's a lot of Insane people posting on my thread! Thank you all for the support. I will be friending all of you today. Having others to commiserate with is certainly something I love!

Sharon
  • annabelle1113
    annabelle1113 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My neighbor and I just started Insanity on Friday. Man is it a workout, but we are pushing through and doing this thing. I can't say that I "love" it....I typically like things like swimming or dancing. However, I feel results (however small) already, and having buddies doing the same thing really helps! Add me if you'd like.
  • mandyhill09
    mandyhill09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am loving how insane the workouts are! I just started month #2 and wow is all I can say! I wasn't expecting that lol! But I pushed through and finished it and was so proud of myself :) I hope you enjoy it! I actually look forward to doing the video every day...weird I know :)
  • Bastiencade
    Options
    I am just getting to month 2 today. You'll love it! Don't expect a dramatic drop in weight in the first month, though. A lot of people, including myself, haven't lost any pounds. My clothes are fitting way better and I feel much healthier, so stick with it.

Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • telcochik
    Options
    I am just getting to month 2 today. You'll love it! Don't expect a dramatic drop in weight in the first month, though. A lot of people, including myself, haven't lost any pounds. My clothes are fitting way better and I feel much healthier, so stick with it.

Anyone is welcome to add me.

Those are some great results! It's tough when you don't see progress on the scale but I think actual results are better measured by how loose your clothes get. One of my primary goals for getting through the next 60 days is to get back into the size 10 jeans that are hanging in my closet. I don't want to have to buy an entirely new Fall wardrobe (unless the 10s become too loose and then look our credit card because I will be more than happy to run up that bill to buy a smaller size!!! :laugh:)
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I started today too. After doing the fit test I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through the 60 minute workouts! :laugh: I barely made it up the stairs my legs were so shakey. Are you doing the meal plan too? We are doing the whole plan. I think I might go and buy a heart rate monitor so I can see exactly how many calories I'm burning.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    good luck! once i have learnt the moves i concentrate on what im doing and ignore the screen! Maybe you can do that too! Im currently recovering from illness but will get back on month 2 as soon as im well!
  • telcochik
    Options
    My hubby and I started today too. After doing the fit test I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through the 60 minute workouts! :laugh: I barely made it up the stairs my legs were so shakey. Are you doing the meal plan too? We are doing the whole plan. I think I might go and buy a heart rate monitor so I can see exactly how many calories I'm burning.

Yes I am going to try hard to do the meal plan as well which I've never done before. I've heard from other BB coaches that following the meal plan is 1/2 the battle since it's specifically designed to offer the proper nutrition support during the 60 day program. I also plan to take the Performance Formula and multivitamins for additional support as well as Shakeology.

I am a Beachbody junkie...part of the reason why I became a coach was to get the 25% discount!

Good luck to you both!
  • telcochik
    Options
    good luck! once i have learnt the moves i concentrate on what im doing and ignore the screen! Maybe you can do that too! Im currently recovering from illness but will get back on month 2 as soon as im well!

I ignored the screen today during Fit Test so that definitely works!!! Another thing I do is repeatedly tell myself that ever single person in the video has been doing Insanity for a lot longer than me. I'm a newbie and they're on round 1,000,000! :laugh: