Insanity - started today (7/16/12)

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 5 - Cardio Power & Recovery

I'm so happy the end of week 2 is tomorrow!!! I'm looking forward to doing the Fit Test again on Monday to see if I've made any progress. This program definitely makes me look forward to my Sunday rest day. I think I'm counting minutes! :bigsmile:

Make today great!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 2 Day 6 - Pure Cardio

I am so happy that the 2nd week is over! Can't wait to see how I do on the next Fit Test on Monday. Looking forward to tomorrow's rest day for sure.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 2 Day 7 - REST DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scale showed another 0.6 lbs gone for a 2 week total of 3.1 lbs.

I'm ready to retake the Fit Test tomorrow and post comparative results. Have a great Sunday!
  • vanessasteinbach
    vanessasteinbach Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I ordered Insanity today! I can't wait for it to get here so I can start :)
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 Fit Test

Wow my results this time around were so much better!!!

Switch Kicks - 67/80
    Power Jacks - 35/44
    Power Knees - 60/73
    Power Jumps - 26/32
    Globe Jumps - 8/8 (HATE THESE)
    Suicide Jumps - 11/14
    Push Up Jacks - 13/22
    Low Plank Obliques - 34/44

I've lost a little more than 3 lbs since starting the program and it looks like my cardio endurance is actually building!!! I'm very pleased with my progress.

Onto week 3...!
  • telcochik
    Options
    I ordered Insanity today! I can't wait for it to get here so I can start :)

Welcome Vanessa! Can't wait to hear your thoughts and results once you get going!!! Let me know if you have any questions about the program.

Sharon
  • cnkorthanke
    Options
    Hey guys and gals! I'm starting Insanity today, and am pretty nervous. I added a few of you guys, but if anybody wants an accountability partner feel free to add me :). I have a question.. I was already really sore after doing just the fit test, so I'm assuming I will be REALLy sore after doing the regular sessions. How do you get through the session the day after when you can barely squat to use the restroom you're so sore? Does anyone else have this problem? I'm just anticipating much soreness and not sure how to get through each subsequent session when I'm still super sore from the previous one. Thanks guys and good luck!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hey guys and gals! I'm starting Insanity today, and am pretty nervous. I added a few of you guys, but if anybody wants an accountability partner feel free to add me :). I have a question.. I was already really sore after doing just the fit test, so I'm assuming I will be REALLy sore after doing the regular sessions. How do you get through the session the day after when you can barely squat to use the restroom you're so sore? Does anyone else have this problem? I'm just anticipating much soreness and not sure how to get through each subsequent session when I'm still super sore from the previous one. Thanks guys and good luck!

Welcome to the next 60 kick *kitten* days of your life! :bigsmile:

I too was VERY sore for the entire 1st week. I'm happy to say I felt less so in week 2 and even better starting out week 3 so it does get better as you get used to the movements, pace, and cardio level. I took ibuprofen and made sure to eat a banana every day but honestly there's not much you can do to prevent it until your body adjusts to the physical demand. What you're feeling is higher levels of lactic acid buildup in your muscles which is 100% normal when you first start an intense program like Insanity. You'll need to push through the pain and modify the moves when you're too uncomfortable. You may also need to take more frequent breaks during the workouts. The good news is that I promise the pain eventually subsides and the soreness goes away as you get further into the program.

I'm going to friend you so we can stay in touch! Good luck!
    Sharon
  • djbrink21
    djbrink21 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

I wish there was some secret to tell you, but mostly you just have to suck it up the first week. The first three days it hurt just to go through the movements to sit on the sofa. I got to the point where I mostly just let myself fall rather than sit. But just like telo said it does get better. After day 3 I really felt things start to get better and it stopped being so much of a hurt and more of a feeling that I had worked out.

Your other option is to pace yourself a little bit so that you don't feel so bad. You should always be pushing yourself, but if pushing yourself as hard as you did is going to make you not push play the next day then it wasn't worth it. Another day of working out is always going to be better for you than a few more reps the day before.

Just stick with it...it does get better. I'll friend you so we can push through this together.
  • Im on week 4 of insanity and must I say its AWESOME!!! Just one more week & ill be on month 2 cant wait!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Im on week 4 of insanity and must I say its AWESOME!!! Just one more week & ill be on month 2 cant wait!!

Woo Hoo congratulations on making it so far!
  • GettingDBack
    GettingDBack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Fit Test Results

Switch Kicks (55) 60
    Power Jacks (63) 64
    Power Knees (116) 129
    Power Jumps (40) 45
    Globe Jumps (12) 12
    Suicide Jumps (17) 22
    Push Up Jacks (25) 30
    *Low Plank Oblique (35) 41

*How do you count low plank obliques? Do you count the same as switch kicks or do you count each oblique?

Tomorrow is weigh day
  • telcochik
    Options
    GettingBack - I count each side as a rep for low plank obliques. I believe that's how Shaun T demonstrates the move. Bottom line, it doesn't really matter how you count as long as you do it consistently to gauge progress. Higher numbers motivate me more so I prefer to count each side...but that's just my opinion!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2 Plyo Cardio Circuit

Owww I'm sore after this morning's session. I must have pushed a bit harder because my HRM showed an increased calorie burn (438) compared to the last time I did this workout (411) so good for me! I was certainly sweating buckets when it was all over!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 3 Day 3 Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs

Ok I was really sore after yesterday's workout so the thought of waking up at 4:30 am this morning to get to a combo like PC and CA was not exactly thrilling me but I forced myself to get up and get to it. I definitely burned more calories this time (522) than last time (503) which was great. I must be getting stronger and continued progress in my calorie burn results seems to show that.

I am really looking forward (as always) to Cardio Recovery tomorrow.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 3 Day 4 Cardio Recovery

Surprisingly this workout was much harder to get through today than I expected. I wasn't able to hold the squats and lunges for the duration and some of the stretches I actually had to stop/start in the middle. Weird. Anyway, I'm looking foward to my real rest day on Sunday. CP&E tomorrow...should be a sweat fest!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 3 Day 5 Cardio Power & Resistance

Personal victory...I did more real pushups today than knee pushups! Still can't do a traveling pushup but I'm working on it. :bigsmile:

The end of week 3 is finally in sight!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 3 Day 6 Plyo Cardio Circuit

Yay last workout of the week is done! I'm looking forward to getting to the end of Month 1 next week. Hope to see some good measurement results at that time and I plan to take another set of pictures.

I'm turning 44 on Monday and I don't plan to be a creaky old woman just yet!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 4 Day 1 Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs

Feeling a little under the weather today from TOM so I knew my intensity level was going to be less than optimal. Burned about 22 calories less this time around compared to the last time. I feel great though because I pushed through and made it to the end.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 4 Day 2 Cardio Power & Endurance

Ugh woke up over an hour late and had to force myself to still work out even though doing so threw my routine out of whack. I'm so proud that I did it and I know it's because I am 100% commited to finishing the entire Insanity program to the best of my ability. I will not fail this time and I will not quit before the 60 days are over.