Insanity - started today (7/16/12)

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar T7 which I love. I had to get used to the feeling of wearing a chest strap but now I don't even notice it.
  • jotsaroop
    jotsaroop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hey guys, i too started (again) yesterday. i've been doing it on and off for a while, but thought its about time i stick to the plan!! just finished of plyometric and feeling good!! managed to get through the warmup without taking a break. Am using the Polar FT7 too, but not sure how accurate it is.
  • telcochik
    Options
    hey guys, i too started (again) yesterday. i've been doing it on and off for a while, but thought its about time i stick to the plan!! just finished of plyometric and feeling good!! managed to get through the warmup without taking a break. Am using the Polar FT7 too, but not sure how accurate it is.

Welcome fellow Insane person! So happy you've decided to join us!

I only use the results from my HRM to gauge personal performance. I write down my burn result every day so I'm able to compare how I did previously in a particular workout to the new result. If I beat the number then I obviously pushed a bit harder. If I miss the number then perhaps I need to step it up next time. This way I don't stress about how accurate the number actually is!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Day 3 Cardio Power and Resistance is in the books! I finally got a replacement battery for my HRM so I was able to use it today (yay). Had a solid day of eating yesterday, lots of water, and I actually got 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep so, except for major soreness all over my body, I feel pretty great! Took my starting measurements this morning as well (ugh). :sad: The good news is that there's nowhere to go but UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 57 more workouts until I earn my shirt!!! Dig deep my friends! We can do this!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Day 4 - Cardio Recovery...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I don't think I've ever fully appreciated what a long stretch can do to work the kinks out of my very sore muscles! Since my HRM is now working I threw it on just out of habit so although I recorded a 225 calorie burn, because of the type of workout this was I didn't expect that the result would be very high.

Only 2 more workouts to finish up my first week. I'm looking forward to doing Plyo again just to see if I'm able to do more than the first time.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • erinleigh76
    Options
    it's on my list to buy and use in the future :0...not quite ready to do that yet
  • telcochik
    Options
    Whew day 5 Pure Cardio is done. That was tough! I took so many breaks just to get through but I didn't quit. Looking forward to Sunday rest day for sure.

Hope you all have a great day.

55 days to go...!
  • macpacman
    macpacman Posts: 64
    Options
    Good job telcochik, I prefer doing it in the evenings. Pure Cardio as well today and 55 days to go :P Keep it up.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I've got Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs today. I'm nervous to see what this workout is like.
  • rusialeelee
    rusialeelee Posts: 143
    Options
    Did you guys all buy the entire insanity workout? I'm a college student and I would rather not spend that much money on a workout video..... Although it would be great to have it since it's only 60 days and that's how long I have to fit into a beautiful Maid of Honor dress.......Anyone have any advice...?
  • telcochik
    Options
    Did you guys all buy the entire insanity workout? I'm a college student and I would rather not spend that much money on a workout video..... Although it would be great to have it since it's only 60 days and that's how long I have to fit into a beautiful Maid of Honor dress.......Anyone have any advice...?

Yes I bought the program in its entirety. As a Beachbody coach I get 25% discount on all products so that definitely helps with the cost. I'd be happy to talk to anyone about how to become a coach if they're interested.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Good job telcochik, I prefer doing it in the evenings. Pure Cardio as well today and 55 days to go :P Keep it up.

Macpacman - I wish I had the willpower to work out in the evenings but by the time I get home from work I just want to relax on the couch and unwind. If I didn't get my workout done first thing in the morning it probably wouldn't get done because I'd have lots of time to invent excuses! :tongue:
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Im on day 17..i love this program..feel free to add me guys!
  • Amanda_Grace25
    Options
    I'm on day 54! So close I can taste it :) Keep diggin' deep. My best advice to everyone who is just starting, is don't worry about the number on the scale & don't give up!! You'll lose most of the weight during month 2 anyway. I literally did not lose any weight after month 1, and since then I vowed to not weigh myself until after the program is over, but I can literally feel the pounds melting off.

If you need any extra support please add me :)

DIG DEEPER
  • annabanana1786
    annabanana1786 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I start month two next week! I'm looking forward to it bc I've heard month two is when you start seeing changes, but I'm also dreading it bc I've heard month one is a cakewalk compared to month two. And month one isn't easy! I love insanity, though, and it definitely has kept me dedicated to working out. I can feel myself getting stronger with each workout. Feel free to add me!
  • TexasRaised89
    TexasRaised89 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Insanity is amazing & very hard. I finished it recently but have started month 2 over.
  • brett1117
    brett1117 Posts: 208
    Options
    2nd round of Insanity(week 1) :) can't beat it!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    First week of Insanity is DONE!!! Did Plyo Cardio Circuit today. Still didn't get through it all at 100% but I did my best. I'm looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

Onto week 2...
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as an Insanity buddy! I start August 1 (waiting for a new tat to heal ).
    I have done the fit test and I did try day 1 a couple days ago.
    I am soooo excited to get it going, its killing me not to start now. I really loved the first day so much, it feels like just what I need.
  • DawnAnonymous
    Options
    Day 1 of Insanity. Fit Test done...OMG I was shaking at the end from the exertion. This time I'm going to try hard to remember that I'm not competing against anyone during this program. I don't have to keep up with Shaun T or anyone else on the screen. I just need to do my best and try to improve my own performance.

My husband is out of town on business for the next 10 days so I'll be spending that time working on becoming fully immersed in the Insanity eating plan and workouts 6x/week. I'm also fully committed to not drinking any alcohol for the next 60 days. Looking forward to seeing results at the end of this initial jump start!

I totally feel this! My husband is working 12-hour days 6 days a week so I've got the time & space. I stared at the box for two weeks and then decided I was going to 'jump in.'

I lost my lunch after the fit test - but I was watching the t.v. and inadvertently tuned my reps to coincide with theirs...no bueno!

I need to take it at my own pace and increase as I go. I'm only on day three butI'm intereted to see if I can get a good turnaround in 60 days.

I did before pics and measurements...did you??

GOOD LUCK!