Insanity - started today (7/16/12)

Options

Replies

• aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Started my fourth week today. You will notice that you will stop less and less as the weeks go on. With the diet, plan your day in MFP, pack all the food in a lunch box and don't eat anything else.
  • lcantrell13
    lcantrell13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I didn't follow the diet either.

For what it's worth, when my brother and sister-in-law have done P90X, they have done it with and without following the diet, and the results were far greater when they did follow the diet, especially when in body fat % and overall muscle tone.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I wasn't planning on specifically following the insanity food plan but I am planning on using their calculator for how many calories needed as I want to have enough energy to be successful and I don't have an HRM to track calories burned. My question is can I use their calculations but instead of subtracting 500 calories for 1 pound weight loss can I subtract to continue my 1000 calorie deficit for a 2 lb per week loss and still have enough energy to do the program right. Maybe I should just be using the wait and see how I feel method.

I think you'll need to "wait and see". Your body will tell you if its getting enough food. The calculator is a great starting point but since everyone's metabolism is different only you can tweak/adjust the calories based on your personal results. Start off with a 1000 calorie deficit (don't go below 1200 calories though) and see how you feel after a week or so. If you see progress and don't have any problems getting through the workout then you're probably fine. If you find yourself needing to add calories back try to stick with protein and veggies in the 100/200 calorie blocks suggested in the Nutrition Guide.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I think you'll need to "wait and see". Your body will tell you if its getting enough food. The calculator is a great starting point but since everyone's metabolism is different only you can tweak/adjust the calories based on your personal results. Start off with a 1000 calorie deficit (don't go below 1200 calories though) and see how you feel after a week or so. If you see progress and don't have any problems getting through the workout then you're probably fine. If you find yourself needing to add calories back try to stick with protein and veggies in the 100/200 calorie blocks suggested in the Nutrition Guide.
    [/quote]

thank you ............... excellent advice
  • thesilentsenshi
    thesilentsenshi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm starting as soon as I get home tonight!
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    I didn't follow the diet either.

For what it's worth, when my brother and sister-in-law have done P90X, they have done it with and without following the diet, and the results were far greater when they did follow the diet, especially when in body fat % and overall muscle tone.

thank you
  • soon2bcrzy26
    soon2bcrzy26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven't thought of doing that, I am going to try it! (In reference to not watching the screen until Shaun T says time.)
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    Started my fourth week today. You will notice that you will stop less and less as the weeks go on. With the diet, plan your day in MFP, pack all the food in a lunch box and don't eat anything else.

what a great idea
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Saw that one of my 'pals' had posted on here, so I stopped by. Good luck to everyone getting started! I stinking LOVE Insanity.

I'm on day 44 (tomorrow), Week 2 in month 2. It is definitely insane but you will literally be able to watch yourself improve every time. It doesn't get easier because you'll keep pushing harder, but you will get better. I'm also a member of an Insanity group on facebook; it's totally helped me push on days I felt blah. If you're a FB addict like me and want to join, let me know.

If you haven't already, take pictures and measurements! You may be like me and HATE your before pics, but you.will.want.them in a couple of weeks. The scale can be your friend but more likely it will be your ENEMY during this process. I've been in only a 3-4 lb loss over the last 40+ days, but after month 1 loss 9.5 inches overall and can see a difference in my progress photos.

Keep pushing play and dig deeper. I swear it flies by! I'm planning a 2nd round after I finish this one. Feel free to add me; I added a bunch of MFPers when I started and it really helped to have folks at different points of the program! Oh and I might (MIGHT) be getting up my nerve to add my progress pics today. Still a long way to go, but I'm seeing the changes!

sorry this got so long!
  • Yveott
    Yveott Posts: 4
    Options
    I will no I am restarting Insanity today too.I started it a few months back and I was doing good then like someone posted life got in the way, I need to focus and get back on track, so I figure if I post it here I will help me get my butt in gear.

Good luck.
  • Berger2011
    Berger2011 Posts: 48
    Options
    Starting tonight and could use all the support I can get!!!! I usually make it through week 1 then fall off the wagon. I am really pushing to get through the 60 days!!! I am going to do my 1st Half Marathon in March and wanted this to be where I start so that my training may come easier. I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing about everyone's results. "Keep pushing play!!" in my Shaun T voice!! ;-)
  • brushe
    brushe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to everyone...you're all INSANE...lol. pun intended. I just finished last week. It was brutal, but I made it through the program. I was pleased with the cardio endurance and BF% reduction. I actually gained 6lbs though so be prepared that it's not easy to get those 6 pack abs.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I am starting Insanity today after work. Anyone doing it feel free to add! Let's do this!
  • tree5981
    tree5981 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I started this morning too. Let's do this! Good look all!
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    Insanity Plyo cardio circuit in the bag! Dig deep people!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Plyo Cardio Circuit DONE! I had to take LOTS of breaks but at least I finished! The battery in my HRM died yesterday and I didn't get the chance to buy a new one so I guestimated my burn at 7 cals/min.

I packed my cooler so my eating will be on point and I plan to drink tons of water to keep flushing away all the crap in my body.

Only 58 days to the end......!
  • StopherJJ
    StopherJJ Posts: 79
    Options
    Kudos! I've been there, I swear it does get easier. Not any less of a burn but it does get easier.

Those first workouts really show you whats going on.

I loved your comment about not having to keep up with them, that was my hardest part the first time I did it. I tried to keep pace with him and the girl on there and about killed myself lol.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    If you were able to keep up with the test you shouldn't cut back. You need to keep pushing yourself. Good luck!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I ordered insanity last night and hopefully will be starting this weekend!
  • holliph
    holliph Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I will be starting Insanity here next week. I have a week left of turbo fire. I am looking forward to it since I have already completed a round of insanity asylum and will kick it up a notch when I feel the need by adding an asylum workout into my routine.

FEEL FREE TO ADD THIS PSYCHOTIC woman.

My favorite quote that is on all of my emails:
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over & over again, expecting different results" Albert Einstein (attributed)