Insanity - started today (7/16/12)

Options

Replies

• karaks
    karaks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I meant to post this earlier. There is an Insanity group board, if anyone here is interested. :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/319-insanity
  • macpacman
    macpacman Posts: 64
    Options
    Woot woot, more insanity posts :) I'm using a HRM

http://goo.gl/EigkQ from amazon to track all my workouts. I have issues recovering the calories after working out. How do you guys do it? I always end up under my calorie goal. (unless I binge)
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Woot woot, more insanity posts :) I'm using a HRM

http://goo.gl/EigkQ from amazon to track all my workouts. I have issues recovering the calories after working out. How do you guys do it? I always end up under my calorie goal. (unless I binge)

I also use a heart rate monitor when working out, no matter what workout I'm doing. I think you should concentrate on following the food guide that comes with the workouts and eating a lot of protein. It's okay to end up under calorie goal as long as it's not a dramatic difference. With the program it gives you formulas for how many calories you should be eating depending on what you want out of the program. Find the calories that is recommended from those and go from there... the food guide also gives you 400-500 calorie meal options so maybe try incorporating more of those into your daily food choices?
  • Im on my second week of insanity my husband & I love it feel free to add me =] DIG DEEPER!!! Hehe
  • macpacman
    macpacman Posts: 64
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I got discourage when I noticed that some meals had pasta, bread and processed foods. I'll try to follow the meal plan and substitute what I don't like with something else.
  • PDiddy0913
    PDiddy0913 Posts: 65
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!

I'm starting my second round of it today as well. I saw great results the first time. It's hard but rewarding!
  • Rgraham54
    Rgraham54 Posts: 1
    Options
    I want to start insanity today. Is it too much to do insanity workouts as well as do cardio at the gym 5x/week?
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I got discourage when I noticed that some meals had pasta, bread and processed foods. I'll try to follow the meal plan and substitute what I don't like with something else.

That's what I did since I try to avoid those 3 things also. Good luck :)
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I want to start insanity today. Is it too much to do insanity workouts as well as do cardio at the gym 5x/week?

Personally I'd say the cardio you'll get from an Insanity workout should be enough...unless you're a glutton for punishment! If you want to do something else at the gym I'd incorporate something less impactful...yoga/pilates, strength training, ab work, etc. but that's just my opinion!
  • nalarocks11
    Options
    Does anyone have the nutrition guide they would be willing to share with me? I feel like I'm not eating enough while doing insanity and on workout days, my net intake of calories is only 700-900, which is bad. Please message me! Thanks :)
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Fit test done. :-) Felt pretty good.
  • Rosayg28
    Rosayg28 Posts: 1
    Options
    Im on Week 2 of Insanity, its definetly hard work, but I feel better, and Im starting to see a difference in my body, no major weightloss yet, but loosing inches and feeling great... KEEP IT UP, sometimes you may feel like you wanna give up but dont, it never gets easier, but it does get better :) Good Luck!!
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start Insanity (again) tonight. Looking for some Insanity buddies as well :)
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    Week 4 day 2 and loving it
  • telcochik
    Options
    Does anyone have the nutrition guide they would be willing to share with me? I feel like I'm not eating enough while doing insanity and on workout days, my net intake of calories is only 700-900, which is bad. Please message me! Thanks :)

Are you a Beachbody member? If so you can use the food lists in Michi's Ladder (stay in the first 2 or 3 tiers) to build your meals. If you're not, I'll be you could google "Michi's Ladder" and find the food lists that way. Most of the Nutrition Guide is recipes using foods in this list.

To calculate the amount of calories you should be eating while doing Insanity this is the formula in the Nutrition guide:

655 + (4.35 x current weight) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x current age)
    Take that number and multiply by 1.55. Subtract 500 calories to lose 1 lb per week. Never eat less than 1200 calories per day to keep your body properly fueled.

Hope that helps!
    Sharon
  • lcantrell13
    lcantrell13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Insanity. Fit Test done...OMG I was shaking at the end from the exertion. This time I'm going to try hard to remember that I'm not competing against anyone during this program. I don't have to keep up with Shaun T or anyone else on the screen. I just need to do my best and try to improve my own performance.

My husband is out of town on business for the next 10 days so I'll be spending that time working on becoming fully immersed in the Insanity eating plan and workouts 6x/week. I'm also fully committed to not drinking any alcohol for the next 60 days. Looking forward to seeing results at the end of this initial jump start!

Good for you! Insanity is just that - INSANE. I really love this program and you just need to remember to be mindful of your form. If you get tired, take a break. It's easy to hurt yourself when you get tired and lose your form. It takes a while to be able to finish a full session without stopping! You'll notice Shaun T even tells his people to take a break becuase he can see them losing their form (at they are super fit looking!).

Best of luck to you - I know you will be great! :)

And if anyone hasn't tried it yet...the Shakeology ads they show after the workouts...absolutely amazing! I highly recommend it - chocolate is REALLY tasty and they just reformulated it! I started taking it to help with my cholesterol, and my triglyceride level dropped from 191 to 113 is about 2.5 months. Super pleased!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Day 1 of Insanity. Fit Test done...OMG I was shaking at the end from the exertion. This time I'm going to try hard to remember that I'm not competing against anyone during this program. I don't have to keep up with Shaun T or anyone else on the screen. I just need to do my best and try to improve my own performance.

My husband is out of town on business for the next 10 days so I'll be spending that time working on becoming fully immersed in the Insanity eating plan and workouts 6x/week. I'm also fully committed to not drinking any alcohol for the next 60 days. Looking forward to seeing results at the end of this initial jump start!
    And if anyone hasn't tried it yet...the Shakeology ads they show after the workouts...absolutely amazing! I highly recommend it - chocolate is REALLY tasty and they just reformulated it! I started taking it to help with my cholesterol, and my triglyceride level dropped from 191 to 113 is about 2.5 months. Super pleased!

Yep chocolate Shakeology is da bomb!!! Congrats on those results!!! My husband stopped taking Prilosec after drinking Shakeology for a week so we are both BIG BELIEVERS!
  • lcantrell13
    lcantrell13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yep chocolate Shakeology is da bomb!!! Congrats on those results!!! My husband stopped taking Prilosec after drinking Shakeology for a week so we are both BIG BELIEVERS!

That's so awesome! I can't wait to try the new formulation...I crave this stuff all the time! Either drink it for breakfast or save it for dessert - satisfies that sweet tooth :wink:
  • peridot1383
    peridot1383 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I just started today! We are so excited.... and scared, haha. The fit test was intense! I heard the first 10 days are ROUGH and then it gets more manageable because you know what to expect. Feel free to friend me if you started recently and want to add to your motivation!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I wasn't planning on specifically following the insanity food plan but I am planning on using their calculator for how many calories needed as I want to have enough energy to be successful and I don't have an HRM to track calories burned. My question is can I use their calculations but instead of subtracting 500 calories for 1 pound weight loss can I subtract to continue my 1000 calorie deficit for a 2 lb per week loss and still have enough energy to do the program right. Maybe I should just be using the wait and see how I feel method.