New Years New Body!!!

Options

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: . I got 7 today. But I am proud to say I hit 3500mg of potassium without going over my cals and 33g of fiber!!

I chose a proverb bible verse according to my weight which is fitting b/c I've been craving cupcakes!
    Prov 23:3 Do not crave his delicacies, for that food is deceptive.
  • stacyschiefer
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I always drink 6 to 8 glasses a day. The problem is I sometimes drink that much alcohol!!! :( This week I have been sick so I only drank 3 beers tonight. I have been down with the sickness bad so I have not been able to workout here or the gym. I am ticked!! I want to join this group so count me in ladies! I weigh as of this morning 132 and I want to be at least 120 by Jan. 1, 2010. Btw, what is the water challenge thing about? Also to Brenda, you look great!! How did you lose so much weight ? What was your motivation and secret?
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    As promised, I am embarassed and mortified (but making myself post to hold myself accountable) that I weighed in today at 145.2 (heavier than last week).

I am NOT an excuse maker, and it's 100% my own stupid fault. As if that isn't enough to make me angry, I came to a frustrating realization tonight. I posted about it on the "tough love" thread (for obvious reasons), but this is the deal:

There is a small grocery store we go to about once a month because they have a lot of homemade, and just plain awesome things that the big chain grocery stores don't have. A few months ago, I got some homemade chocolate drizzled rice cakes from there- only 20 calories each, awesome, and the perfect chocolate fix! Went last weekend and got some more. Got home and realized that these weren't drizzled, they're chocolate DIPPED- as in absolutely covered in chocolate. I wasn't sure if I was happy or disappointed, but I checked the nutrition label and still only 20 calories... could that be? I looked at the ingredients and it says it used skim milk in the milk chocolate so I thought, hmmm ok, 20 calories is probably at least in the ball park- maybe these ones have 30 or 40, but still not bad!

Well, for the last week, I have been having 3 or 4 as dessert at night- as I always used to do with the *drizzled* ones for a total of 60 to 80 calories. Long story short, I got curious when the scale said 145.2 today and looked at the nutrition label again. It says the serving size is 1 cake (5 grams) so I weighed the ricecake and it was 20 grams! So, everytime I thought I was eating 30 or so calories, I was actually eating 80!!! So, say I had 20 of these bad boys over the course of the week, thinking that was a total of 600 calories, and it was actually 1600 :sad: :sad: :explode:

I totally know the feeling, labels are killer sometimes and really deceiving....and honestly dont worry too much about the weight gain....i was down to 153 lbs mid-august and somehow gained back to 158 lbs....totally disappointed...but **** happens...especially when u crave chocolate....i am a total chocoholic haha.....but keep working hard and you will get through it! along with the rest of us!!!

The water challenge is just basically to try to get in your 8 cups of water per day....because I find this challenging, i never drink water....in fact, today i only got maybe 4 cups in, but i just find, the days that i fill up on water and truly hydrate my body with atleast 8 cups, i crave less "bad foods" and i do better with my eating....

Good job everybody with the water challenge by the way!!!! and here is an updated weight list!!!

mxburke 158.2
    greatdanewalker 150 lbs
    rachelmommy1 179 lbs
    jfilon 148 lbs
    cwvanek 162 lbs
    Dive_girl 175 lbs
    kelynn 145.2 lbs
    fiftyandfit 175.4 lbs
    ckholmes 267.0 lbs
    itsmenatalie 145.8 lbs
    tireswing
    vanimami
    falhaone 214 lbs
    stacyschiefer 132 lbs
    marilla
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I didn't make it in yesterday but I got :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: - mostly due to taking a Zumba class and being insanely thirsty!

Today I got :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: .

TGIF!
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    ARG!!!!! Ok, so this happens to me often, I make a small success like I did last week of loosing 2 pounds then I blow it all in one day! 1700 calories in one day OVER where I was supposed to be yesterday!

Today is a new day....two down :drinker: :drinker: and more to go.

Hey mxburke, will we be getting a new challenge for next week? or are we still on the water challenge? Water is fine by me since this really helps remind me to drink it but I was just curious.

Holly
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yeegads....have caught the cold going around......feel like crap!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: so far today...yesterday not enough to even
    count i'm afraid........

Pam:flowerforyou:
  • mxburke
    Options
    Yes, every week I will come up with a new challenge, to keep us on our toes with all aspects of beginning the journey to a healthier lifestyle, but do continue to challenge yourself with water intake if this is a challenge for you and you can just keep us updated on what ur doing, and if u need support we are all here, however, every week will be a new challenge as the main focus!!! and keep in mind that on monday I will create a new thread, so that we are not scrolling through millions of pages all the time, it will be called "New Years New Body week 2" okide dokie!!! I had 0 cups of water today, but alot of coffee....which probably isnt so good for me, but thats what happens when u dont get enough sleep hahah....either way congrats everyone on keeping up with the water!!! good job!:happy:
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is good today. I had 15 glasses today :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: God Bless, Brenda
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: 8 today.

Saying no to weekend splurges
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better Pam!!

I had an awesome 80 minute bike ride with DH this morning while my Mother in Law had our kids. It's going to be too cold to do that soon so I was glad to get it in.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: for me today!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Got in 7 yesterday :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Not great, but I'll take it. I too have a harder time drinking water when it's chilly. It was a cold, rainy day here yesterday :ohwell: Trying for 9 today!
  • ckholmes
    ckholmes Posts: 123
    Options
    Good Sunday everyone,

I didnt weight in at all, all weekend ! Ive only been half on my waters , Had a wedding last nite, I did do some drinking......started with raspberry stoli on the rocks then went to coffee brandy, Appetizers I kept it good I had some fruit, cheese and a couple ww crackeres, my meal had a taste of chicken and fish with carrots and green beans NO potatoes...... But I am feeling a bit guilty with the alcohol. Im trying to pound the waters today
  • ckholmes
    Options
    Good Sunday everyone,

I didnt weight in at all, all weekend ! Ive only been half on my waters , Had a wedding last nite, I did do some drinking......started with raspberry stoli on the rocks then went to coffee brandy, Appetizers I kept it good I had some fruit, cheese and a couple ww crackeres, my meal had a taste of chicken and fish with carrots and green beans NO potatoes...... But I am feeling a bit guilty with the alcohol. Im trying to pound the waters today
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday... with a 2 1/2 year old and a 4 month old, it's hard to find the time some days!

I had a total of 6 :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: yesterday

and 2:drinker: :drinker: today :huh:

My hubby surprised me with a Wii Fit last night :) I worked out for about an hour last night and I was THIRSTY and drank 3 cups. So maybe it'll help me get my water in.
  • mxburke
    Options
    My day went super bad for water, didnt even drink 1 cup, but managed to drink 4 cups of coffee...i know, terrible....plus i just feel emotionally overwhelmed, im a nursing student and my placement is at a hospice, so im doing palliative care, and two of my patients, well lets just put it this way, will no longer be there when i go back next week. Made me feel pretty down today, seeing them like that, especially the one who is only 54 years old :cry: then i come home to find out that i have a huge 8 page assignment due this friday and have absolutely no time to do it, because i work my part time job every day....guess ill just have to forget about relaxing and do homework instead.....sorry guys, just had to vent, ive been so overwhelmed with school, work and trying to lose some lbs that i just want to die lol...not for real....but its a crazy week for me.....anyways....keep up the good work everyone, and remember that tommorow morning is weigh in, and it will be a new thread called new years new body week 2....okie dokie!!!

Thanks for listening

Melinda
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    My day went super bad for water, didnt even drink 1 cup, but managed to drink 4 cups of coffee...i know, terrible....plus i just feel emotionally overwhelmed, im a nursing student and my placement is at a hospice, so im doing palliative care, and two of my patients, well lets just put it this way, will no longer be there when i go back next week. Made me feel pretty down today, seeing them like that, especially the one who is only 54 years old :cry: then i come home to find out that i have a huge 8 page assignment due this friday and have absolutely no time to do it, because i work my part time job every day....guess ill just have to forget about relaxing and do homework instead.....sorry guys, just had to vent, ive been so overwhelmed with school, work and trying to lose some lbs that i just want to die lol...not for real....but its a crazy week for me.....anyways....keep up the good work everyone, and remember that tommorow morning is weigh in, and it will be a new thread called new years new body week 2....okie dokie!!!

Thanks for listening

Melinda

Melinda, it is very hard not to have feeling towards someone we see every day..like your patients..and i feel so bad for you...
    as far as you not drinking water but lots of coffee...don't beat yourself up it happens to all of us. I drink more coffee (about 5-7 cups) when i have lots of studing for an exam...Education Major. I become overly stressed out..sometimes i can't even eat or drink anything but coffee...that is the only thing that helps me funtion. EVERYONE has a crazy day,week, or even month...we are human.
    I know it's hard balacing two things at once..diet and work/school...but i know you will be able to pull through.

Please take care of yourself...
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    sorry i didn't post Saturday, however, i had 7 cups :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: of water, still not 8 or more but it's something...i drank 5 cups of coffee..does that count towards water, since i do use water to make coffee..lol.

Sunday i manage to drink 8 cups :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: of water, but i celebrated my birthday a little too much and ate a little bit of cake (triple chocolate cake) so good, i wanted more but didn't cave in...thank GOD

i did not lose weight nor gain..i stayed the same today :sad: :cry:

~falha
  • mxburke
    Options
    Thanks for the support falhaone, i think i just had a rough day yesterday overall. Remember that I am starting a new thread today, look for it under motivation and support@!!!! Good luck to you all!
  • ckholmes
    Options
    Hey Everyone, Thanks for a great week 1! See you all in Week 2 for a weight in :)

Christine
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    not sure how to link links....