Moms with stretch marks, do u wear bikinis?

Options
Marcillene
Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
Just curious how moms with stretch marks feel with wearing their bikinis in public. Something that I have contemplated (After loosing a little more weight of course) but wasn't sure if my confidence would be up enough. I would love to see how women wear their stretch marks well.

I feel that confidence is key, and I just need to gain more of it. Lol.

I have stretch marks up to my belly button. and all over my love handles AND thighs.

Replies

• sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    <<<< Yep!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    <
    sure. I gave birth to 6 kids so my belly is more stretch marks than normal skin but I still wear a bikini
  • laurenrenee1025
    Options
    I plan on wearing mine!!! and i have stretch marks in exactly the same places as you. I think once my body is where I want it to be I won't be too ashamed of them. I think to myself...I don't really stare at anyone else who has them, so why would someone stare at mine? good luck!
  • Marcillene
    Options
    <
    sure. I gave birth to 6 kids so my belly is more stretch marks than normal skin but I still wear a bikini

If I was as fit as you, I would too. Lol. I put a bikini on all I can think about is 'gosh everyone is going to be looking at my stretch marks' Lol. I hope that if I see enough 'moms in bikinis' that Ill be like, They look great, I can wear one too! lol
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I totally do, and I have bad stretch marks, but I've worked hard on the muscle behind the stretch marks, so you bet I show it off :)

...I was VERY self conscious at first, but I'm usually at the pool with my kids, so it's obvious I've had kids, and well they are part of my story! :)
  • Marcillene
    Options
    I totally do, and I have bad stretch marks, but I've worked hard on the muscle behind the stretch marks, so you bet I show it off :)

...I was VERY self conscious at first, but I'm usually at the pool with my kids, so it's obvious I've had kids, and well they are part of my story! :)

That does up my spirits some. I think if I could just get over the fear very first, like you did, then I will be okay. Maybe I just need to get over that first time. Lol
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yeah the first time is "scary", but after you get over that it's easy. Best of luck!
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I do wear one, a normal top with boy short bottoms....My stretch marks start high up on my ribs (right under my boobs) and go down my thighs. Short lady+big babies= lots of marks!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You know, there's always something "scary" about the first moment you bare yourself in a swim suit, regardless of whether it's a bikini. I say, the more stretch marks the general public sees, the better off we'll all be -- this is life, people! When you've worked to where you want to be with what's under that skin, you'll have deserved to show off. Go for it!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    One day I will, today I did buy just a bikini top but I don't have the balls yet to wear it in public.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah girl! IDGAF about my stretch marks anymore, I've worked too hard for my body to not wear cute bikinis :smile:

I just got the one I'm wearing in my profile pic a week or so ago, I love it!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    stretch marks are sexy, Just sayin
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options
    <~~~~~~ Ya bet I do. I'm working hard for the muscle and I am going to wear bikini. Who's looking at stretch marks anyway when you're smoking hottt???:wink::drinker:
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    Yep... remind me that i have two boys!!! and i love my boys!:wink:
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Yup! Wore one yesterday when I went swimming. Once you get over the fear, it's quite liberating.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I think if you are toned and they are faded stretch marks....they aren't really that obvious. At least they don't scream "look at me". I wore a bikini after my first 2 kiddos but haven't worn one this time so far (I had 2 more) but then I haven't lost all my weight yet...sooooo. We don't "do" bikinis as a family if that makes sense but I still have my old black one. I will definitely wear it if my hubby and I go somewhere just the 2 of us.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Rock them ladies, don't be ashamed.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I don't have stretch marks, or kids. I just wanted to give you my point of view.

I think it's beautiful that you gave birth to your babies, and those stretch marks add character. I have never looked at someone and judged them by their stretch marks. I think if you feel comfortable wearing a bikini, then do it! :)

Just like everyone else said, once you start doing it, you'll forget about it! Plus, everyone is going to be looking at your rockin' body!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Sure do...and I let those lines shine!!
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hell no, I haven't worn a bikini since I was 18 and that was in 1992....LOL My stretch mark's aren't that bad. My skin is horrible. I need a tummy tuck....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!