Moms with stretch marks, do u wear bikinis?

Options

Replies

• kafergie
    kafergie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yup, don't really like the extra pounds but I still wear the bikini, my stretch marks go from about 4 inches above my belly button to down my legs, most are light in colour but some are purple or grey, but whatever if others don't like it too bad, I went from 130 to 172 in my first pregnancy, wasn't kind to my skin.
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet but more so because I have a little bit of loose skin above the belly button and my belly button is now an outie after baby #2. I started wearing a tankini and I feel great in it. I hope to one day wear a bikini again when I'm confident enough cause I honestly don't care about stretch marks its the loose skin that keeps me from wearing one.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks and I'm not even a mum yet :(
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet but more so because I have a little bit of loose skin above the belly button and my belly button is now an outie after baby #2. I started wearing a tankini and I feel great in it. I hope to one day wear a bikini again when I'm confident enough cause I honestly don't care about stretch marks its the loose skin that keeps me from wearing one.

Exactly, my loose skin is horrible... I hate it! I have 3 kids now and it's worse...
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    Hell yeah girl! IDGAF about my stretch marks anymore, I've worked too hard for my body to not wear cute bikinis :smile:

I just got the one I'm wearing in my profile pic a week or so ago, I love it!

MY EFIN HERO!!! I can't wait to get to that point. That is the scariest thing to me. I feel like mine are TERRIBLE and used that as an excuse not to work out for the longest. But they do look gradually better since I've lost some weight.
  • clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    God no - way to self concious im afraid - even when i get back to my goal weight i wouldnt - i'm a little over 5 foot tall, my last child weighed 10lb7oz... Bikini's aint happening here!!
  • Maraleen_M
    Maraleen_M Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You bet I do!! I have stretch marks from having two babies and surgerical scars (my tummy resembles a "T" intersection (lol) - and I am 110% comfortable with them - and so is my husband :heart:

For all you Moms out there with stretch marks:

The Beauty Love Left Behind

A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked you thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes, and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream your dreamed within me. It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It's where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it...
  • lavsk23
    lavsk23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Same issue here. No kids but still have stretch marks. I have way to go before I can think of bikini but I definitely want that option :D I read somewhere that tanning helps hide them to some extent. Just curious, do self-tanning kits work? Has anyone tried them? Don't want to go to tanning beds or fry myself in the sun.
  • shirlwellman
    Options
    I wear Bikini's I have strecth marks on my thigh's, I never think about it really, they are marks of love! embrass your body and look around there are people of all shapes, we are not all from a magazine!
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You ladies (and the guy who responded) rock! I have worked so hard to get my body in shape after 3 babies but I too was a little self-conscious about some of the stretch marks from pregnancy. I'm going to the beach in a few weeks and ya know what, I am going to rock that bikini!!!!!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    If I ever went swimming I sure as hell would!
  • brandalini
    brandalini Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hell yes I do!
  • shirlwellman
    Options
    What a beautiful quote.:smile:
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i rocked a bikini for the first time in 15 years yesterday!!!! it wasn't perfect, i have stretch marks, but it looked pretty good!!
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    yes I do, usually just to my mom's pool though. I went to Jamaica a few years ago, before gaining some weight....and people commented on my stretch marks more than once (one person said "Have you had kids?" I say yes. "I can tell" pointing to my tummy) It was rude but I am proud of them. My battle scars! lol
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Sure do! If a man can't appreciate my body because I have stretch marks from giving birth to a human then he isn't a man I need in my life. :drinker:
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I wear bikini I don't care about my strectch marks anymore.. They are a reminder of 3 of the best days of my life. If someone doesn't like they don't have to look...
  • scrmngdsy
    scrmngdsy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm not even a mom and I have stretch marks all over my sides, upper legs and lower back.

I wear a bikini like it ain't no thang.

Wear it proud, mama.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I've had four children...my oldest is 24 and the youngest is almost 22 months old. Au natural lol. So the marks are my "battle scars". (Yes I started young, and remarried so I had my youngest at 40) IF I can get my body to a point where I feel comfortable wearing a bikini in public...I'll wear my stretchmarks with pride!
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mom either, but I have crazy scars all over my stomach from a bunch of surgeries and a couple stretch marks from being fat. One of the doctors even sewed up my bellybutton lopsided (it looks like it's winking now. in a funny, not a sexy, way.) I say go for it! Nobody is perfect and kids are a great reason to have a little wear and tear around your midsection. I wear a bikini all the time and I don't give a poop what anyone thinks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!