Moms with stretch marks, do u wear bikinis?

Options

Replies

• apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't worn a bikini since I was a pre-teen because I've always been too self concious, even when I was thinner... I'm thinking probably not even when I do lose all my weight. My stretch marks are absolutely HORRIBLE. I hate it.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't worn a bikini since I was a pre-teen because I've always been too self concious, even when I was thinner... I'm thinking probably not even when I do lose all my weight. My stretch marks are absolutely HORRIBLE. I hate it.

I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU! Looking back now, I was sooo thin when I was younger, but didn't hardly have the confidence to even wear a bikini. I ALWAYSD found something to judge myself on. 'my love handles are bigger than those stick girls, my legs have a little flab and everyone will see them jiggle when I walk...' yada yada. I thought that after having a baby, if I could get back to looking okay, then I would have way more confidence, because going from horrible looking to okay looking i would be excited. But... we will see how I feel. I really hope I have more confidence now after conquering child bearing than i ever did before!
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of stretch marks due to pregnancy, I wear a one piece and I'm ok with that :)
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mum and I don't really have stretch marks, but I recently saw a photo on Pinterest that I adored. It was a belly shot of a woman in a bikini, with pregnancy stretch marks. She was fit and looked good, and the caption was "Your body isn't ruined, you're a tiger and you earned your f*cking stripes."
  • Marcillene
    Options
    Thank you all for posting. I am beginning to think that maybe it IS more the looser skin than the stretch marks that bother me? Maybe once/if I do get rid of some of the jiggle I will feel better about my body.

Did anyone else feel this way before getting very toned?
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    You bet I do!! I have stretch marks from having two babies and surgerical scars (my tummy resembles a "T" intersection (lol) - and I am 110% comfortable with them - and so is my husband :heart:

For all you Moms out there with stretch marks:

The Beauty Love Left Behind

A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked you thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes, and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream your dreamed within me. It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It's where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it...

OMG This made me cry!
  • Blu4dayz
    Blu4dayz Posts: 12
    Options
    I look hot in my one piece...haven't wore a bikini since college.
  • LetiMarie_864
    LetiMarie_864 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've never worn a bikini. Even in my younger years before I had kids because I've always been self conscious about my body even though I was thin. I highly regret it! I have stretch marks now from having three kids and it's going to make it alot harder for me to build up the courage to wear one. So, I'm hoping once I get the body Im working hard for, that I'll have the courage to wear one and not care about my marks! So, Im hoping soon my answer to this question "Moms with stretch marks, do u wear bikinis?" will be YES;)
  • Marcillene
    Options
    I've never worn a bikini. Even in my younger years before I had kids because I've always been self conscious about my body even though I was thin. I highly regret it! I have stretch marks now from having three kids and it's going to make it alot harder for me to build up the courage to wear one. So, I'm hoping once I get the body Im working hard for, that I'll have the courage to wear one and not care about my marks! So, Im hoping soon my answer to this question "Moms with stretch marks, do u wear bikinis?" will be YES;)

BUMP! I have been the same and felt the same! Now I regret now showing off my rockin body back in the day when I was too self concious when I WAS skinny!
  • deniseallen31945
    Options
    YES,I wear a bikini! Thank you all for showing that a woman shouldn't be ashamed of something so natural and common as stretch marks. I got them on my breasts by 13 when I started developing so immediately became ashamed and shy about it,scared how I would feel when I got older and started dating. I also had periods of being up and down in my weight although never bigger than size 16/18 after my son was born . I was skinny as child then chubby by 4th grade due to being teased that I was too skinny. Then I slimmed down by 13 and was size 8. When I got on birth control at 16 I had side effect and went to 150# about size 14.I gained a lot of weight with my son when I was 19 and was size 16/18 after having him. I had stretch marks so bad I referred to my stomach as looking like a road map. Later I had a burst appendix that left a deep scar and a couple other surgeries that left smaller scars. A couple years after having my son I had worked off all the weight and was a size 5 and I looked good in cute clothes again and since I've never been crazy about 1 pieces I would swallow my pride and wear a bikini in public cringing all the while that I would be laughed at and faking confidence I didn't feel. I did it because other than the stretch marks I felt I have a bikini body and good shape but thought the stretch marks and a bit looser skin now made me unattractive.As years went by I still wore a bikini mostly b/c I love the way the sun feels on my skin so it's more for the therapeutic effects than wanting to be noticed or showing myself off so I'd tell myself if someone didn't like the way I looked they didn't have to look and that this was for me! As I got older I started really realizing how many shaped woman were wearing bikinis and were confident and that I have the right to feel like that about myself too! But although I still do were a bikini b/c at 46 I think I still look sexy(I'm 5'7 128# and have decent abs) but I still cringed and still felt better finding a private place to sunbathe b/c although I would see woman wearing bikinis that had weight and cellulite(I have a bit on thighs and butt had to deal with accepting too) and they would be confident with themselves I see an absence of woman with stretch marks so I kept wondering if I was the only one who thought it was perfectly fine and wished I saw more woman showing they also weren't ashamed or thought we have to hide ourselves or feel "gross" or not sexy anymore, which is so untrue, so that I could also feel more confident about myself that I wasn't doing something sooo socially unacceptable as wearing a bikini w/ stretch marks! I would LOVE to see more of us show we're not ashamed of our bodies b/c of something so perfectly normal!! When I talk to other woman so many are ashamed of them. Maybe if just like breast feeding a child in public finally got accepted as the normal event and beautiful natural thing that it is then maybe if more of us show that we feel confident in bikinis and not ashamed of our bodies then it will become more the norm to see more woman proud to wear a bikini after having a baby. I am proud to know I'm not alone in refusing to feel ashamed of myself anymore!! :tongue: :smile: P.S. I agree any man that is disgusted by something so common and natural is shallow and not worth having and 9 times out of 10 they're not in perfect shape either so they're also hypocrites and I'm glad to dodge those bullets b/c those kind of guys would just treat us bad in all kinds of ways I prefer to avoid!! I've met a few of those jerks and that's just what they are and those type don't know how to treat a good woman right and aren't worth the time of day!! A good man should see beyond and see the true beauty that make us and that we are not defined by our bodies and deserve to be confident about who we are!!! :smile: sooo rock that bikini ladies!! :happy:
  • ksstevens2004
    ksstevens2004 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    YES, you should! i have stretch marks too and its all about confidence! if you feel good and want to wear one wear it. To hell with anyone else we only live once girl dont let other bring you down. Wear it Wear it Wear it :)
  • Marcillene
    Options
    YES, you should! i have stretch marks too and its all about confidence! if you feel good and want to wear one wear it. To hell with anyone else we only live once girl dont let other bring you down. Wear it Wear it Wear it :)

Thank you for this!! :)
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have never worn a bikini, well, not since I was five. Lol I have always been way too self conscious, but I'm realizing I need to change this. I was adjusting my waistband on my skirt at the gym today and I panicked because I noticed if someone was looking they might have seen a stretch mark. Ridiculous. Totally ridiculous. I have never looked at someone with stretch marks and thought a negative thought. Why would anyone look at me and think one? I even hide them from my husband and he has told me that he thinks they show character and beauty because they are reminders of the beautiful children I bore. I am hoping that soon I will be able to wear them with pride and not fear of what others think. So I say, if you can, put that bikini on and rock them with pride!!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Never have in my life, but I will this year.

It's as much for me about overcoming YEARS of body image issues as it is about the actual suit. I'll likely wear my one piece more often because that's what I'm comfortable in, but I promised myself I'd take the opportunity to wear a bikini a few times this year, in an effort to exercise my new-found love and acceptance of myself.

No amount of stretch marks or loose skin is going to stop me :flowerforyou:.
  • MrsDangerousCurves
    MrsDangerousCurves Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my sides and down my thighs but I wear my bikinis proudly!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I wear one!
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    1baby.jpg

A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes, and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me. It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it's ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it. ~ Cassie Fox

EDIT ((I just saw someone else posted this)) isn't it beautiful

How beautiful
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Mine are very light and sit within my bikini area, so I will definitely wear a bikini. Not quite there yet, but hopefully soon!
  • Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    At home for sure (have a pool) but in public hmmm... I have some killer abs now and my stretch marks are light but I have soooo much loose skin still. Basically duct tape under bottoms would fix it lol but I'm not confident about my belly button region (looks like the eye of an 80 yr old man). Ack I am really struggling with this bc I see my abs as a major achievement especially after 4 kids but I know it looks kinda off. I'm very much a sz 4 and top heavy- I just feel so blah about my skin :(:(:(
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I do and I don't care. I really don't even think about my stretch marks, to be honest.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!