Moms with stretch marks, do u wear bikinis?

Options

Replies

• munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I wear bikinis even though I have stretchmarks all over me. They're close to matching my skin color though, so it's not too bad. I am more self conscious about cellulite.
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    I have stretch marks and I'm not even a mum yet :(

me too! Its bad on my sides! I haven't even got a suit this season, but at least people with children have a reason to have it. I was just fat (and grew really tall in a short period of time)
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You're damn right I'll wear one when I get to my goal weight - you earned those stripes! BE PROUD!!!!!!!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks and I do wear bikinis and they are visable in real life (not so much in photos).......I just don't care anymore about what other people think. my chubby thighs bother more than anything (but I'm working on that)
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Right now I wear a tankini (my stretch marks sound as bad as yours) but I think when I am closer to my goal weight I will wear one. I'm not embarrassed by my stretch marks, just my jiggly belly fat!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I don't now...haven't for about 20 years. But if I could get back in shape again, I would. My stretch marks have faded a LOT after 25 years so I wouldn't feel self-concious.
  • velsbree
    velsbree Posts: 69
    Options
    hide them with self tanner and wear that bikini
  • SEEotU
    SEEotU Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I sure do!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Oh hells to the yes I do. I got one huge one right over my pubic bone...someone once asked if it was a C section scar...A few on my sides too...hell yes I sport a bikini...I'm a mother and those are my tiger stripes!
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    mom of twins 11, 11, and a 14 year old.. not really comfortable out in public.. but i wear one around the house..
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I did today for the first time and I did not die and no one said anything or stared in disgust!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Nope, not because of stretch marks but because I'm too fat for a bikini.
  • Muir78
    Muir78 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You're damn right I'll wear one when I get to my goal weight - you earned those stripes! BE PROUD!!!!!!!

I'm not a mom, but this reminds on this photo I've seen floating around the 'net. Seems to be the sentiment of pretty much everyone here. :)

tiger.jpg
  • saralynn594
    saralynn594 Posts: 321
    Options
    I am proud of my stretch marks,most are from my pregnancies,and the other are from when I was at my heaviest..all reminds of what I have been through..And soon I will rock that bikini stretch marks n all,no shame. My babies are worth it and when you have a hot body who cares?
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn mine to a beach or anything, but we have a swimming pool and I live in the city. We don't have any fences separating our neighbors from us. I was a little self consious the first time, but now I wear it all the time. And honestly, I was more worried about the extra belly than the stretch marks. They don't bother me in the least.
  • joyzy
    joyzy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yes I do! I've never worn a bikini in my life before this summer. I've got three kids, ages 6, 3, and 1.
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    i haven't worn mine yet but i have a lil stretch marks and some on my upper thighs.. but ima wear mine for sure..esp on my cruise. im a mom of 4 too..
  • ashypoo03
    ashypoo03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Once I lose another 5lbs and tone my stomach I will be wearing a bikini.. I have stretch marks from my 2 kids , but my belly ponch is what im more concerned about then stretch marks
  • danielleduplantis
    Options
    I got some stretch marks about 6 months ago i had lost 12 lbs then gained 6 back I didn't think rapidly however my body must have and i got these nasty stretch marks i have been putting oils and different things on my body and it has def helped not 100% gone but it has helped ALOT ! I still rock the 2 piece b/c i read a quote that said real women have stretch marks and kept it as my motto! I dont have any kids either ....but i opted for higher bathing suit bottoms verses my super skimpy one i used to wear! My bf loves my body and makes me feel confident in it! Feel free to add me for support!

Danielle
  • sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    off course I do. Stretch marks are just that, they're strecth marks. They're not disgusting, something strange or something unusual. They're marks on your skin, and that's that. Why wouldn't I wear a bikini?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!