COFFEE LOVERS - Anyone given it up?

Options

Replies

• Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I gave it up for 8 months and then we had a power outage that lasted a week and i ended up drinking coffee again. I don't drink as much as i used to i think.
  • chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I would rather stay fat than give up coffee.. true fact:)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I have not given it up completely. I stick with 2 cups or less per day. Right now I'm trying to cut it down to 2-3 times a week instead of all 5 days at work. So far, its been successful, but I haven't seen it affect my weight loss. I've never been much to drink it on the weekend so that's never been a problem.
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I love coffee but I had to give it up. Too many severe withdrawal headaches if I missed my morning or afternoon cup.
  • shoby68
    shoby68 Posts: 30
    Options
    I couldn't give up the habit of drinking coffee in the morning, but I switched to decaf. It helped because I sleep much better at night, and as a result I feel better, and don't eat as much....
    At the end of the school year, I did switch back to regular coffee just to get through the day.

I buy Kicking Horse decaf coffee, it tastes as good as regular coffee..... really :)
  • jtjunkie
    jtjunkie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would NEVER give up my coffee. I am just very diligent about measuring the amount of cream and sugar. I went from 4 heaping spoonfuls of sugar and a ton of creamer to 1 tbsp of sugar and the 2 tbsp serving of creamer. Now I can actually taste the coffee and it is great.
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a big coffee drinker until I was told that it's an appetite suppressant!

I'm going to get a cup right now! :wink:

I worked at Starbucks for a while and reeeeeeally overdid it. Now I'm just average. Regular coffee isn't a sin. I just used to overdo it with all the calories of the milk and sweetners in the lattes and whatnot. And it's a waste, really because there's more caffeine in a regular cup of coffee than a latte.

(Ounce per ounce, espresso has more caffeine than coffee - 75mg to 25mg, respectively. But in a 20oz latte, you only have 2 oz of expresso. In a 20oz coffee you have 20oz of coffee. :noway: )
  • gingah73
    gingah73 Posts: 28
    Options
    I gave up caffeine after I quit smoking in April - it was too much of a trigger for me, and I had decided no more addictions or dependencies. (like a coffee and a smoke in the AM to get things moving) I still have the ocassional cup of decaf when I'm missing coffee, but no more dependency on it, no more 4+ cups every morning and an entire pot on weekend mornings. The headaches stopped after a few days, and I find that I sleep so much better now - I no longer feel the need for coffee in the morning.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm a 1 cup per day girl (maybe 2 on the weekends.) I don't drink tons, but I definitely Want. My. Coffee. in the mornings. Since I don't overdo, I never felt like I needed to give it up.
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Love the taste of coffee, but at the advice of my doctor I switched to decaf. I then had headaches (I guess from the caffeine withdrawal) for about 3 days. Drinking decaf almost every morning, and it still tastes good =)
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-3 cups per day. slowly switched to just black coffee and now I love it with my protein bar for breakfast. I don't think coffee is bad for you. They are finding more and more reasons IT IS GOOD FOR YOU. I have high blood pressure but it is totally under control with meds, weight loss and exercise. The coffee doesn't bother me unless I drink some late in the day!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago I decided to stop coffee while I used to be a big drinker. That was the problem, drinking for drinking it.
    Maybe I'll one with a big cigar one day.
  • ephemerata
    ephemerata Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i gave it up last week because i suspect it's been the culprit in my breakouts.

i miss it. so much.
  • hotjava9
    hotjava9 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My name is HotJava9...I got the nick name Java from my love of Coffee. I did give it up mostly but that is only because I am on other stimulant supplements for working out.
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I did cut down to one cup (it is good for you) in the morning, but replaced the others with green tea with a little stevia as sweetener. Green tea is better.....keeps you from being hungry and raises your metabolism too..and is full of antioxidants! Look it up!
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I stopped putting sugar in my coffee, but I'm just not enjoying it any more. When I lose the weight I might go bac to 1 tsp per cup. I drink two cups a day, decaf because of my anxiety disorder.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I said I'd never give up coffee but the ob/gyn says I have to start weening off of it now :( So sad.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    could NEVER get me to replace coffee or give it up! IV please!!
  • nursenicole111
    Options
    The 90-120 calories I'm wasting on creamer for every mug of coffee is why. :(
  • rvagnoni
    rvagnoni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Not giving up my coffee! I have lost 45lbs. Cut out the sugar and cream...that is where the majority of your calories come from.