COFFEE LOVERS - Anyone given it up?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I will never give up coffee. Ever.
    There is coffee in my blood, and I operate on caffeine.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I just cannot give it up...I dont use creamer anymore, and I cut out diet soda....I drink at least 4L of water daily. SO, dammit, I am not giving up my coffee!!! lol
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee and won't give it up. I drink it black with a little sugar (real) in it. I am a better person with it, lol. :drinker:
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    No effing way! I did however learn to drink it black instead of with sugar and creamer.
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    Love my coffee. Will never give it up, but have changed to 1% milk and sweetner instead of cream and sugar. :drinker:
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've cut it down, but haven't given it up. I did try, however I go sugar free on creamer now. It's also my main source of potassium. I don't get enough of that as it is.
  • hope76579
    hope76579 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I didn't give up coffe, but I did change how I drink it. No more flavored creamers, just unsweetend almond milk and sweetener. I don't miss the over sweet coffee and cutting out the cream gave me a chance to use the calories to eat something healthier.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Heck no! I've cut down drastically to one satisfying cup per day instead of 3 or 4. I'm of Hispanic (Puerto Rican) heritage so my coffee is a very high calorie cafe con leche which is cafe bustelo (espresso), with boiled WHOLE milk, and at least 2 heaping teaspoons of sugar. It's 170 calories per cup every morning but ya know what I make it work, because I enjoy it and I refuse to give it up. I've lost 84lbs thus far so it's not hindering my weight loss in the slightest.
  • coalboilermanBryan
    Options
    I drink my coffee black. I have given it up a couple times in my life. Most recently this past spring. But ended up grabbing Diet coke instead. But diet coke gives me some muscle and joint pain, so I ended up back drinking coffee. Sometimes a 24 oz. from the gas station is enough, other days I have to have an entire pot! LOVE MY COFFEE! Flavors are good to..I like cinnomin, and hazelnut flavorings.
  • MisChef
    MisChef Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    a year ago, i switched from a double espresso every morning to a single.

Hubby and I decided that after the single, we weren't done drinking coffee!

I now mix regular and decaf, so I get the volume of a double with the caffeine of a single.

it's a good enough compromise for me.

we've talked about switching, adding more & more decaf until it's 100%, but I haven't found a compelling reason to do so.
  • sdchamberlin
    Options
    Never!!! It's a zero calorie beverage if you don't add sugar or creamer.
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    Black coffee for me. Not giving it up. Usually morning time...and rarely after 3PM.

I've heard many benefits to coffee.
    Coffee drinkers are:
    * less likely to have type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and dementia
    * have fewer cases of certain cancers, heart rhythm problems, and strokes

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/coffee-new-health-food
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If your coffee isn't good black, then you're doing something wrong. Buy better beans, grind them fresh and brew it properly. Dripping that supermarket stuff that looks like a brick before you open it or comes in a can is a lost cause. Try beans from various places and look for local roasters so it will be fresh. Then learn to brew better. No additives needed.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the one thing I will not give up. I only have 2 cups in the morning.
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    I still have my coffee in the morning and sometimes at night....I just cut down the sugar...went from 3 tsp to just 1....
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Black coffee for me. Not giving it up. Usually morning time...and rarely after 3PM.

I've heard many benefits to coffee.
    Coffee drinkers are:
    * less likely to have type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and dementia
    * have fewer cases of certain cancers, heart rhythm problems, and strokes

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/coffee-new-health-food

In women, it also helps with depression.