• Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't have people like this on my FL

i love me some Jacki
  • triciag_81
    triciag_81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I totally feel what you are going through! I've been on here three weeks and only down two pounds (weigh in again tomorrow & thinking I'll be down one more from the peek I took today at the scale). I too get discourages and want the weight of NOW! It sounds like we're on the same page here...working out 6-7 days a week (I do Jillian Michael's ripped in 30 plus zumba 2 days). I think a good idea that I need to try as well is to start measuring inches too! Thanks for your post because I also needed to see all the positive comments you've received...keep at it...I am! :)
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Took me a full 12 months to loose 50 pounds. Was hoping for 80 I see others who can do it, I am pissed that all I see is that 50 and since April the scale has not budged. Luckily I feel better knowing I am trying and at some point in time it will all click.

Keep working on it! You will do fine. You know who you're ahead of? The people who are still on the couch doing nothing. Grab a measuring tape and ditch the scale and the defeated attitude.
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    So, you've lost roughly a pound a week then and that's not a success?

You need to revise your expectations. Your body is doing just fine...

This! It isn't always easy - but a pound a week is a healthy loss.
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this thread is already 8pages long, that way I can save my comments about banging my head against the wall for someone else.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • Crocetti1984
    Options
    It took me a YEAR to lose 30! Do not give up! You will hate yourself when a year goes by and you start thinking about how much you COULD have weighed IF you hadn't quit!
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    4 lbs is great. You could have gained 4 lbs. The heavy you are the faster the weight will come of at first. Keep up the good work.
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    Quitter

Yep. Quitting works every time. Pfft. *eye roll*
  • emmygrace2012
    emmygrace2012 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The people who are losing 18 lbs in a month are usually the ones that have more to lose!
    By looking at your picture, you honestly do not look obese by any means. Do not get discouraged!
    You are beautiful and are losing at the rate that you NEED to lose!
    The closer your body is to the weight it is supposed to be...the slower the weight will come off!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    This isnt a race, its a marathon.. to be healthy, you have to take it slow. Thats the only real way to lose and not risk gaining it back. You know, a little sensitivity would be nice... A LOT of people would be THRILLED to lose 4 pounds in a month!!!
  • BRANDYGR8MOVES
    BRANDYGR8MOVES Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    So, you've lost roughly a pound a week then and that's not a success?

You need to revise your expectations. Your body is doing just fine...

this i was also told the slower you lose the better
    :wink:
  • tzeoli86
    tzeoli86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are getting frustrated. Don't "quit" though. What exactly does "quitting" mean to you anyway? Are you going to just stop eating right and exercising? These are things you should do regardless of whether or not you have weight to lose. I plan on continuing to log my calories on here way after I am a done losing weight. Try not looking at the scale so much. I'm sure that your healthy changes in diet and exercise have already begun to improve your health in other ways. Don't give up! Also, 4 pounds in a month is a lot for some people!
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    1-2lbs/week is ideal.
  • momo9128706
    Options
    Don't give up! I've lost only 2 lbs (22 inches) in 4 months. Hang in there!
  • kathrynyoung71
    Options
    I only read the 1st page but I'm guessing everyone said the same!! no result would be 0lbs, you have lost 4lb thats a result sometimes you need to play around with mfp you may find that you still lose average 1lb a week even by exercising 3/4 times a week, just keep going with the healthy eating and doing exercise that you enjoy and be realistic you wont lose masses of weight in the first few weeks unless you are very over weight and even then it's not always the case. think positive and set yourself small goals (with rewards!) prehaps 3lb in the next month and just keep chipping away, when you get to where you want to be come back and share your journey as others will experience the same situation and you can be their inspiration..... good luck :-))
  • ehornberger1
    Options
    You've lost four pounds--that's something. You could've gained four pounds . . . but you didn't. Hang in there. Remember the fable about the tortoise and the hare. You're doing great. Keep it up!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    omfg CRY ME A DAMN RIVER.

Look at your profile pic. You are obviously not that far away from what you want to be. The people losing large amounts are people with much more to lose.

1 pound a week is a healthy weight loss rate.

Quit your effin cryin!!! NOBODY SAID THIS WAS EASY, AND NOBODY SAID IT WOULD HAPPEN OVERNIGHT.

You want to be unhappy with yourself for the rest of your life, THAT'S YOUR CHOICE.

Me, I choose to keep pushing on, keep trying, like I have been since January 2011. Yes, it's taken me since then to lose the weight I have. It's a long time, but ya know what? I am really happy I didn't give up. I hope you can one day say the same for yourself.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    If you really want to lose it, why does it matter how long it takes?

I have an auto-immune disorder and have been on my fitness journey for a year and a half. I've lost 36 pounds.

If you want to do something, you'll find a way. If not you'll find an excuse.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Before I signed up for MFP, I've been working out for about three months and only lost three pounds. Sometimes our bodies are temperamental.=^_^= But don't quit. Sometimes it takes awhile as someone once told me. You'll get there, I know it!
  • wisegirl_k
    wisegirl_k Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    4 lbs in a month is healthy. The people losing significant amounts of weight in their first month are typically those who have much more than 30 lbs total to lose.
    I've lost 8 lbs in 4 months, should I quit too?

Remember, it's not all about the scale either. This is a choice for a healthier life, not only a smaller number on the scale.

It's not easy, if it were easy no one would be overweight.