No Results??? I give up!!

Options

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Better than gaining. Keep on keepin' on..........
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for everyone's support.

For those of you that have negative things to say.....I appreciate that too, because it shows that you use all of your anger and negativity to push your way through this, and that is admirable.

Quitting smoking 21 days ago (I guess that does make me a quitter)
    combined with the loss of a pregnancy and trying to get into shape....I'd like to see a show of hands for those of you that conquered all of that in FIVE WEEKS.

I did filter through all of the replies, and I got off my complaining *kitten* and did 250 jumping jacks, followed by Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.

So, thank you all again for your positive support. There is proof that complete strangers CAN help each other.

Have a fabulous DAY!!!

No one seems to have addressed your responses and MULTIPLE posts saying you have taken in the advice you just keep getting people having only read the first post. Kudos to you in coming through what you have and responding to this with such maturity.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have been at a plateau for almost a year. I havent given up, keep switching it up and tring new things. Its frustrating believe me. 50 pounds gone in two years. Not one month never 18 pounds in one month, it has been dreadfully slow 1-2 pounds weekly sometimes monthly.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    So, you've lost roughly a pound a week then and that's not a success?

You need to revise your expectations. Your body is doing just fine...

Agree! This is a long-term process. The better you eat, the better you feel, the more active you become. Nothing happens overnight. Just hang in there and appreciate the non-scale victories (NSV) along the way. Are you clothes fitting looser? Do you have more energy?
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options

For those of you that have negative things to say.....I appreciate that too, because it shows that you use all of your anger and negativity to push your way through this, and that is admirable.

combined with the loss of a pregnancy and trying to get into shape....I'd like to see a show of hands for those of you that conquered all of that in FIVE WEEKS.

I did filter through all of the replies, and I got off my complaining *kitten* and did 250 jumping jacks, followed by Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.

So, thank you all again for your positive support. There is proof that complete strangers CAN help each other.

Have a fabulous DAY!!!

That a girl! :flowerforyou:
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    1lb a month is actually really good. If you've been working out you could have been losing fat and building muscle at the same time. You should also try measuring inches. I've ben doing this for 4 months and have lost 23lbs. The first 3 or 4 I lost month 1 were somewhat disappointing but next thing I know I looked up and I was at 15lbs. It's definitely a patient process. Don't give up!
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Do not give up, a pound a week is not bad at all specially in your first month. I did not really lose anything till I was 2 months in but then it all started happening for me all at once.

Hang in there.

P.S you look great so don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Congrats on the 4 pounds and getting through all the stuff you are going through.
  • richiefixo
    richiefixo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    firstly 4 pounds in a month is not a bad start....not the best, but nonetheless not a bad start. I will advise you to change your workout and diet slightly. include more weights and higher intensity cardio. cut out one processed food each week and see how that changes your loss for that week most of the time simply not drinking enough water and underestimating calories are the culprit to a slower weight loss.. you just need to take a moment and relax and have a good think about what to do next to take you to the next level..

EVERYONE CAN HAVE A SEXY BODY! LOOK AT MY PHOTOS AND YOULL SEE FOR YOURSELF!.....love and appreicate your body and it will return the favour! :)

All the best! and stay beautiful

Richard :)
  • wdwithers
    wdwithers Posts: 36
    Options
    The only reason I lost so much is strictly because I quit drinking around 4 to 6 20 or 24 oz. bottles of Mt, Dew a day. Now that I have lost that I am at a stand still too, but I'm not giving up. I think I even gained a pound or two maybe even three. Paul Crew I think is how he spells his name is acting as my coach and I couldn't ask for better. What Ilike best about him is that he will say something and it will hurt my feelings only because it is the truth. He will keep you on your toes. Try and find him and click on him for a friend request.
  • DORISGUDINO
    DORISGUDINO Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been reading the posts here, and they are all right. 4 lbs is awesome!! And it is true, I have a LOT of weight to lose, and yes I have lost 18 lbs in 2 months, BUT it is way easier if you are really heavy to start off. The past 3 weeks I have only lost 3 pounds....but its 3 pounds gone.

I don't know if you are a diet soda drinker (or crystal light etc....) but when I had 2 weeks of NO weight loss I decided to drink just water, no soda, no water additives, and I am losing again. I was told that drinking even diet soda, and adding thinks to your water could slow your weightloss.

Measure yourself, and go but inches, and not so much the scale. From your picture you look pretty fit, so the scale might not be the best way to measure your success. My Daughter and my Sister are having the same issue, the scale is slow to move, but you can see the difference in the way they look.

Hang in there, and lean on your MFP friends for support. You'll be so glad you did!!
  • KathyReinhart
    KathyReinhart Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Four pounds is not no results! Four punds is very good results. This isn't about a quick fix its a life change. You are going the correct direction and that is really good. Maybe you need to really measure your food at first to make sure your portions are correct and be sure you are workingout as hard as you believe and record on MFP. Also don't eat all your workout earned extra calories-of course you will need to eat some to keep your enegy level but if you aren't accurate on how hard your work out was you may eat too much. Hang in there! You need supportive friends and small goals that you should reward yourself for. Like a new pair of shoes when you lose 10lbs! Good Luck!
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    Keep at it. I have keep yo-yo-ing between 5-10 lbs since april 28th. Hold your chin up. I like to look at my progress chart both at the 7day and 90 day. Even though I haven't been on MFP for 90 days I like to see how my weight goes up and down but still in a manner that is progressively slanting downward instead of upward. Like you I had high expectations to loose all 20lbs in the first month!! :) However, I have learned that because I do have a smaller amount to loose than many that those are going to be even harder to lose.

Don't give up. :) From your last post it looks like you have wind back in your sails.... don't loose it. :) You got this. :)
  • brenpope
    brenpope Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    there are a lot of people in the same boat you are, including me, hang in there and listen to some of the advice that these wonderful people will give you. You can do this!
  • ceebeme
    ceebeme Posts: 2
    Options
    People with not a lot of weight to lose to begin with, like you, tend to lose smaller amounts. Obese people tend to shed really quickly at first so you can't compare yourself to them.

A pound a week is good. Try to really eat clean and train mean - mix up your exercise and intensity are the keys.

Hang in there!
  • angelakj23
    angelakj23 Posts: 51
    Options
    You can't compare yourself to other people, a pound a week is a healthy weight loss. I am sure that many of the people that lost 18-20 pounds in a month had more weight to lose than you. From your profile pic, you don't look like you have alot of extra weight to lose. You should never give up on something you really want. :wink:
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    So, you've lost roughly a pound a week then and that's not a success?

You need to revise your expectations. Your body is doing just fine...

So true! A pound a week, thank you sir for putting like that! Stay strong sis you look small as it is, remember those of us that did lose 20lbs in the first month or so, actually had excess weight to lose. Have you checked your bmi? Don't sweat it and definitely don't give up, you will just find yourself right back at it after long! Good luck sis
  • mmachick2011
    mmachick2011 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1-2 pounds a week should be the GOAL... and think about it...

Did you gain all 30 in 7 months? Doubt it... bite by bite, little by little... it crept on. It will leave the same way. Your skin and helath will thank you.
  • erikapereira
    erikapereira Posts: 196
    Options
    It have been 4 mons on MFP changing tons of bad habits and I HAVENT DROPPED A POUND! I think your are doing great and bodies are differents. I dont give up even the scale says something I dont like but my clothes are getting lose and plp ask me if Im losing weight.... I guess my body is adjusting to all this changes Im doing.
  • mishelnkiki1
    mishelnkiki1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    never give up honey!i know the feeling tho. the first time i did this i lost 105 in 6 months BUT i wasnt eating healthy at ALL. now i see the scale move maybe 2 lbs per week, but i know that im doing it the RIGHT way. keep doing what u are doing and it will come off before u know it. slow and steady is the EXACT way to do it.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options

Have a fabulous DAY!!!

Good luck in your journey and I'm sorry to here about the loss of a pregnancy. That must have been very difficult.