for all the hopefull "wanna be" runners out there - trying t

Options

Replies

• Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I really wish my body was capable of running the way my mind sees it! In my mind I could run for hours! I feel so strong and free......and then I float back to reality and can only wheeze out a measly mile and a half before I feel like I am going to puke.:sick:

LOL.....I latch on to my daydreams about running for hours though..it is what keeps getting me back on the treadmill.:laugh:

Didn't run much this weekend, I too overindulged in the booze a bit on Friday night. I forced myself to go lift weights at the gym though on Sat morning..even though I was a little green. I plan on hitting the treadmill tonight to see if I can do a mile and three quarters!! :drinker:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    JPrice, congratulations on your very first 5K. How exciting! In a little over a month I'll be running my very first 5K. I just hope to finish it. :laugh: You are such an inspiration. I know I can do it.
  • lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    fell off the wagon pretty bad. didnt run at all last week, first because of my anniversary then my husband got sick then I thought I was getting sick, then I was just lazy the rest of the week. Ate a lot of food I shouldnt have. Back to my normal routine today, looking forward to running this evening. it should be in the 60/50s this evening, which is pretty cool for central Florida.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    That's ok lisam...we all do it...looking forward to hearing about your run!
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    hi,
    I took Sunday off, and then Today I ran an intereval training session of 5miles in 60 min.'s. I am hoping to slowly increase my speed and time for the 10K. But I just couldn't push out that last mile today. Oh well, that's a Monday.... I hope to push and go the whole 6.2 tomorrow.. I am also keeping an eye on a small pain just above the inside ankle of my left leg. it isn't too bad, but I worry that one day I will push to hard and hurt it and stop everything I have gained.
    But for today... I'm good and I'm a runner. "It still sounds sooo Cool to say"
    :smile: I hope you all had a great day.
  • lisam829
    Options
    the run was awesome. I ran 3 min/walk 2 min four times to get myself back in the pace, then decided to just go for it and jogged for 6 minutes. for me, thats pretty amazing. I'm thinking I need to tweak my training times, but I am just so glad I did it. Starting to feel healthy again, chicken and cauliflower for dinner helped. However, I made the mistake of thinking "its cold outside, I dont need sunscreen" :huh: derp derp. learned my lesson.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Lol! I know what you mean about the sunscreen Lisa! But I sure do hate to wear it when I am running.

Kimss - I get that same thing with the inside of my ankle. That is usually when I need to get new shoes. And YES!!!! you ARE a runner!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I am going for 3 today, I am shooting for no walking! I don't care about the time. I will let you know how it goes.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    :happy: :happy: WOW!!!! my 3 miles felt great today! I did walk 2 times. once, long enough to pull my hair back because it came loose and the other to walk up a steep hill, 1/2 way up the hill! I'm coming back folks! Slow as molasses, but still on the comeback! :happy: :happy: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kimss
    Options
    thanks for the advice nicolee, I was just talking with the hubby about it might be time for new shoes for us. I am thinking that these have about 450 miles on them, We both got new ones in March .

great job on the 3 miles. that is a great accomplishment.

Same for you lisam... that is the way I worked up to my run's. then I did 3 min runs and 2 min. walks, and then started adding as many of those combo's together to go at least 45 min.s each workout. then just kept adding a min.to the run. Next thing you know you'll be pushing yourself and you'll reach that 1st mile. it is just amazing... you'll be so excited. So good luck and I hope you keep pushing farther.
    Today I was tired and lazy so I just walked 3 miles, with alternating inclines. I tried to run but just couldn't make it past 3 min. so I decided to just go easy today. I try to go with my body and listen to it to know how to proceed for my day.
    I'm hoping I have more ambition tomorrow
    Good luck runners: :wink: :smile: :bigsmile:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options

Today I was tired and lazy so I just walked 3 miles, with alternating inclines. I tried to run but just couldn't make it past 3 min. so I decided to just go easy today. I try to go with my body and listen to it to know how to proceed for my day.
    I'm hoping I have more ambition tomorrow
    Good luck runners: :wink: :smile: :bigsmile:

Thank you so much for posting that - seems like that happens to me too, and because I'm very new at this, not sure how to interpret it. I've been doing the same thing - trying to listen to my body to know what's going to happen - a good lesson in going with the flow.

Thanks again!
  • lisam829
    Options
    thanks kimss :flowerforyou: tonight I am going to try 4 min runs with 1 min walks.
  • mommared53
    Options
    You all are doing so great. My running partner backed out last night because she was too tired so I ran the treadmill at my apartment complex. It was hard but I ran 3.4 miles. I ran the little extra to make up for the stops to take a drink and for the warmup walk. :bigsmile: I was sweating like crazy because there is no fan in the exercise room. :tongue: I'm so proud of myself though. My official c25k graduation day is November 28 when I run the Seattle 5k. I'm so excited. I'm going to try to buy myself a new running outfit for my birthday which is November 7. :happy:
  • nicolee516
    Options
    [ I'm so proud of myself though. My official c25k graduation day is November 28 when I run the Seattle 5k. I'm so excited. I'm going to try to buy myself a new running outfit for my birthday which is November 7. :happy:
    [/quote]

Great Betty ! Waht a great way to reward yourself! I am excited to hear about your race next month.

Kimss and Smiles- if I listened to my body all of the time.....I would never exercise!!!LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I totally get what you are saying and some days I do the same thing.

lisa - good luck with your run!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Did W5D2 today. Two 8 minute running sessions with a 5 min walk in between. Did OK, 8 minutes is the longest sustained run I have done since college.

W5D3 is a 20 minutes of running, no breaks. I'm already gripping about it, and it's not scheduled until Friday morning. But I guess I'm going to start running, put one foot in front of the other and just keep going.

If it goes well, like not walking for any longer than 10 seconds, I will be signing up for my first race, a 2 Mile Turkey Trot the Sat before Thanksgiving. There's a 5K in the middle of December I'm eye balling for my first 5K, but I'm still too timid to sign up for it. Give me another week.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    I play...just sign up for the 5k....what do have to lose? so you would have to walk during those 3.1 miles...you are ALOT better off than the populous that doesn't exercise at all!:wink::happy:
  • mommared53
    Options
    I just want to say I'm so proud of all of us. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • kimss
    Options
    hi all,
    I agree, just sign up iplayoutside.... you will have no problem running that 5K by then. you are all so close as it is. It is amazing how fast your body adjusts to the increases. any race that is in Novemeber... you have it made!!!!! you all will be running so much farther and faster by then.
    Betty and nicolee... that goes for you too.... you are both doing great!!! keep going and push a little farther and a littltl harder each day .
    Today I was not very into it to start, I was making excuses for myself, and saying that I would just go 3 miles, but after I ran my first 2 miles, I was pumped. I did many intervals, 2 min warm up walk, then 22 min run, then walk 3min, then 15 min's run and walk 3min.s then 9min run, then walk 2 then I pushed it in the end for the last 14 min.run and I decreased my time from 72 to 70 min's for my 6.2mile. I did more intervals, but increased the speed of all my interals. when I run the 6.2 straight thru nonstop, It was at a much slower pace. and I am fine with that, too, I just like to play around and see how I can improve.
    So today turned out really well for me.
    I hope you all have good days too. good luck
    Kim
  • lisam829
    Options
    well my 4/1 turned into 5/1!! I feel awesome :bigsmile:
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Betty, Lisa and Kim- WAY TO GO!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Everyone is doing excellent!
  • kimss
    Options
    lisam,
    great job.... thats what I was talking about.!!!!!!:drinker: push a little farther every day... when you think you need to stop... just go another 30 sec's or minute. and before you know it you will be doing it with another "just another 3min's" interval. before you know it you'll be doing 10min.s intervals.
    good luck today everyone....
    Kim