Honest answers only

Options

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    To answer the OP's question:

It is not my business if someone is gay or straight. How you choose to live your life is between you and God, or whomever you believe in. It is not my place to judge.

Just because I am not gay does not mean that I would think someone elses feelings are invalid/unnatural. I feel like I understand love, so why would I not accept and appreciate that a man could love a man or a woman could love a woman?

Now....do I like seeing people groping eachother/making out on the street in front of my children? HECK NO. Straight or gay...I/we don't need to see that. I think a lot of people could use a little decorum in the Wal Mart/Publix parking lot. ;)

I will say, if one of my children is gay, while that is not the life (the struggle with a-holes that think it's ok to harm, belittle and all of the nasty little things these hate groups do - is that I mean by "the life") that I would want for them...you had better believe that I will stand up against ANYONE who would dare say anything against them, and God forbid someone attempt harm. There would be no hiding.

I am one proud Warrior Mom, no matter what.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Where in the bible does it say "murder your children"?
    Deuteronomy 21:18-21
    “If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones. So you shall purge the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear, and fear
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a gay gene but there is evidence that sexual orientation and traits can be determined in utero.

Therefore people can literally be born (rather than conceived) gay.

Baby I was born this way....

where is the research on this. i am willing to believe, i just haven't read anything that identifies this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5120004.stm

I haven't read the study itself but I presume it is available on Google Scholar.

i need to see the research, but something for me to look up at my overnight tonight, so thanks :)

even look at the end of the article: ""It adds further weight to the argument that lesbian and gay people should be treated equally in society and not discriminated against for something that's just as inherent as skin colour."

that is my whole point, ugh...ugh!
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I say live and let live.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    also, saying people are born gay is a way to normalize it for people.

it IS normal to be gay. but people feel they need to normalize it because of the hatred that is down through the ages. even animals have gay tendencies.

but, you can't tell me that saying..."they were born gay" isn't a way of trying to defend being gay.

if someone was to say, "i chose a gay lifestyle at 30" that they would be treated with as much respect.

just my observation, i don't think i am a scientist like many people lol

I shouldn't have to defend being Gay at all!

Trust me on this, there is NOTHING worse than being a kid of 13/14 years old, knowing that you're gay, trying to understand it and figuring out what it all means, and having to hide the fact from the people who are supposed to love you the most because you listen to your parents and their friends making snide jokes and comments about other family members or neighbours being gay, and being scared that you will be rejected for who and what you are. It is soul destroying.

i don't think you should have to defend it at all either, i am just saying i don't think you need to justify it to people with science. i think people should just be allowed to be gay and be loved regardless of the studies on it!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I had a conversation about the "born this way" question with a gay friend years ago.

He said this: "I would not have CHOSEN to live this way, because has not made my life an easy one". He also said he had dated girls in high-school and could have easily married one and had a traditional family, but even at that time, he knew there was something else he wanted/needed, that a woman couldn't give him. So, I do believe there's something to the theory that people can be born a certain way.

maybe it wasn't a choice, but i am still edgy about saying people are born that way. look at some of the people on the thread that are against gay people, their main defence is either god (let's just lol at that) and "it is not natural"

so if it "was" proven as natural, then they would be ok with it? i think there is just something to saying we are born a certain way, it makes things excusable? but i don't think being LGBTTTIQQ needs any justification
    No..this argument wouldn't hold up against religion. Sadly, religion and science simply do not co-exist for some people. Just look at those who don't believe that the dinosaurs existed at all, because they reject the whole theory of evolution (which has been proven with scientific facts). I actually had some tell me last year that Satan put the dinosaur bones in the Earth to confuse people about God.....
  • zaxmom09
    zaxmom09 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
  • ShaunMc1968
    ShaunMc1968 Posts: 204
    Options
    also, saying people are born gay is a way to normalize it for people.

it IS normal to be gay. but people feel they need to normalize it because of the hatred that is down through the ages. even animals have gay tendencies.

but, you can't tell me that saying..."they were born gay" isn't a way of trying to defend being gay.

if someone was to say, "i chose a gay lifestyle at 30" that they would be treated with as much respect.

just my observation, i don't think i am a scientist like many people lol

I shouldn't have to defend being Gay at all!

Trust me on this, there is NOTHING worse than being a kid of 13/14 years old, knowing that you're gay, trying to understand it and figuring out what it all means, and having to hide the fact from the people who are supposed to love you the most because you listen to your parents and their friends making snide jokes and comments about other family members or neighbours being gay, and being scared that you will be rejected for who and what you are. It is soul destroying.

i don't think you should have to defend it at all either, i am just saying i don't think you need to justify it to people with science. i think people should just be allowed to be gay and be loved regardless of the studies on it!

Is there actually funding available to complete studies on this issue? We have so many social problems across the world wouldn't the money be better spent on tackling some of these? As I have previously stated - "Tolerance is the key" + it doesn't cost a penny!!
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I love gay people. I think they deserve equal rights.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Because it's just not natural and don't tell me you're born that way, you choose to be gay, period. I am anti LGBT everything
    I do not mean to be unkind, but I see past these words to a person struggling with this very issue.
    It's as obvious as the sky.
  • Kailuen
    Kailuen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I find it heartbreaking for those that judge due to what a book suggests. You do not offer your own opinions and rather take another's word.
    The bible suggests we descended from pure incest, was that overlooked? I wouldn't suggest taking the bible verbatim because if you do, I can guarantee you are living a condescending life in some way. Because No one follows the bible word for word, from lifestyle, to values, to dress, so why take all the beliefs?

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."
    Corinthians 13:4-7

All of this is possible for LGBT relations.
    So, love is love :)
  • louised88
    louised88 Posts: 159
    Options
    Im open minded, hae a brother who's gay and i think as long as your happy then be happy with who you love...

However I think it's the case of everyone has their own opinions on whats right or wrong, just because soneone is anti-gay doesn't make them a bad peson for thinking that way just means they are strong minded to what they believe in and have to respect there views. It could be for religion, If your not a religious person it be hard for you to understand but it's a strong belief and again it's the way they live and see life.
    I don't believe it's acceptable to 'beat' someone up or throw bad language just because of their sexual preference i believe everyone should be happy and if you really don't like seeing 2 males together 2 females short and small person then look away as everyone in life is unique in their own way.

I agree with you completely. I respect everyone opinion. If you are against people being gay or marrying outside of their religion then so be it..that question she posted though just intrigued me on what others might say.

It's nice for you that you're able to "respect everyone's opinion", seeing as you're not gay and not being discriminated against.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Options
    It clearly say not bible related.

I'm anti, because is not natural. In the animal kingdom you need a female and a male to procreate, this is as I said not bible related.

The fact of having 'hybrids' animals doesn't mean those are homosexual, because that's the way they are, not males, not females.

I dislike when humans want to do whatever they want regardless of mother nature showing all around how it's supposed to be. not HUMAN rules of any kind, but just the wise mother nature...

I don't hate homosexual regardless, I just disagree it's non nature related meaning, but I let people be as long as they let me be too.

It's as much honest as i can get, so if you re gay out there, i don;t hate you or anything, i just don't like it, but I respect it.

Oh and since minorities always complain people must understand their postures, make marches and become victims, same for them, if they say they are fighting to be accepted, why don;t they make an example and accept not being accepted? Minorities or majorities way is not the rule where everyone must change to :). We are all so different so just accept each other point of view.

So, what of straight people who have sex for enjoyment and not for procreation purposes?
    I have 5 kids and have been married 29 years.
    I know procreation!
    And physical intimacy is much more than that.
  • louised88
    louised88 Posts: 159
    Options
    Yep...this!

I am not anti-gay. I am anti-sin, I don't approve of any sex between anyone that isn't husband and wife. That includes straight couples who aren't married. The only sex that is ok in God's eyes is between and husband and wife. Any other is sin, gay or not!

Phew, good thing God doesn't exist!

+1 <3
  • mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    Without meaning to offend anyone, the zoologist in me is dying to ask- people who disagree with homosexuality because it "isn't natural"- are you meaning to say that you think our modern technology is natural? Is it natural that you're sat at a computer slating people who's actions do not affect you? Is it natural that you shave? Is it natural to be wearing clothes instead of going completely bare like we were born? Are you against IVF or fertility treatment between straight couples? Or do you still believe in survival of the fittest and that if they can't reproduce on their own that they just shouldn't have kids?
    To say it's not natural is to say that you think everything else you chose to do is completely natural. As humans we've developed to do a whole bunch of things that take us away from what we'd "naturally" be doing. If you're to be against all that is not natural we would still be in the dark ages like cave men. And in case you hadn't noticed, we're not all beating each other up like chimps to get laid anymore.
    Just curious.

That said, I think slating religious people for their beliefs and lifestyle is equally is wrong as bashing gay people for who they're having sex with.

Good points but slightly mixed up Darwinian argument - one point to consider: If homosexuality were the norm... could we have evolved from the caves or our genetic cousins?

no need to bash me .... see my post on tolerance.

I missed this earlier, sorry. Point taken- you're right, if homosexuality were the norm, it's probable that we never would have evolved. That would have involved an entirely new way of reproducing and I'd imagine we'd die out long before that happens.

I was trying to avoid getting too much into evolution though- that's a complicated subject that opens up a whole new can of worms. I do still think though, that we do a whole lot of stuff that we'd never naturally have done before, and so to say that something "isn't natural" isn't necessarily a valid reason to be against something (in my own opinion, anyway). Personally I think "It's not natural" was once a valid response because it's right- it's not natural and we can't reproduce that way, but I think it lost validity and caught on as a cop out excuse.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I love gay people.

Not all gay people surely?

I have meet some who are entirely insufferable. Not because of their sexuality mind you but rather that their personality as individuals was hideous....
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Options
    It also says in the bible that you should kill your children if they disobey you, so I think giving "because it's in the bible" as an answer for anything is a complete fallacy.

I have never figured out the anti-gay thing either. Why is someone's sex-life anyone else's business?

Where in the bible does it say "murder your children"?

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

"If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." 21 Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death."
    If I had 9 lives like a cat, I'd have been dead as friend chicken 3 times over....
    God is love....:laugh: :laugh:
  • lkblazek
    lkblazek Posts: 36
    Options
    Interesting thread ...I admit I've only read the 10 or so comments that popped up, but personally speaking ... It is nobodies business who I sleep with. Why should it be my business who others sleep with? I am curious about what "being gay" changes other than who you sleep with. Is this a narrow minded point of view?
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Options
    524253_328782817209428_743515433_n.jpg

Nuff said....

ROFLMAO!!! I LOVE IT!!!
    Let's clear this up.
    God is all knowing and all powerful.
    God will throw you in hell.
    But God loves you...:flowerforyou:

AND GOD NEEDS YOUR MONEY!
    Somewhere in His omnipotence money management fell through the cracks....:laugh: :laugh:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Honestly, how can you want an honest answer but forbid talk of the bible if someone believes in the bible?

Exactly! Thank you!!!!
This discussion has been closed.