What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• mom2faitj
    mom2faitj Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've found that the Fiber One Bars (Oats and Strawberries w/almonds) will keep me full in the mornings. During the cooler months I love my oatmeal.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I do a 6-7 mile trail hike in the morning before work so I fuel up for that.

4 poached eggs before leaving home, 2.5 ounces homemade jerky during the hike and a protein shake with 30grams protein immediately following the hike.

Breakfast was spread out from 4am when I had the eggs to 7am when I downed the shake.
  • jsenecal12
    jsenecal12 Posts: 42
    Options
    Pre run: Half a small banana and a cup of black coffee
    Post run: A whole wheat smart bagel and two scrambled eggs made into a sandwich. Mmm.
  • Shayzeepoo
    Shayzeepoo Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Protein shake
    Poached egg
    2 slices of cheese

And now I'm off to have a green tea :-)
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Today, I had a raspberry chobani yogurt. I make omelettes a lot, though. And oatmeal is great hot (when it's not 100 degrees out like it is right now) and also fantastic cold, but you have to make it the night before.
  • seardefilip
    Options
    FRUIT SMOOTHIE WITH ICE AND TROP 50 OJ, RICE PROTEIN AND CHIA SEEDS WITH A PIECE OF TOAST WITH PEANUT BUTTER
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    During the week I tend to have a toasted fiber one english muffin with PB or a slice of ham & swiss cheese. If I am in a rush and pinched on time I will have a Slim Fast Shake to go in my travel mug. All of the options I pair with fresh fruit.

Weekends I ususually have Multi Grain Cheerio's or Frosted Mini wheats with skim milk.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Apparently I ate a slimmer, sexy beast sammich LMAO

I kid, I kid... I had 1 cup of vanilla light & fit yogurt, 1 scoop of whey factors whey protein powder (unflavored), 35g of whole natural unsalted almonds, 2 soft boiled eggs w/no salt, pepper or condiments, 1 12 oz. Red bull Total Carb energy drink (stayed up till 1:30 a.m. playing cards!) and 1 34 oz. bottle of Clear American Strawberry flavored water.
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Chobani Pineapple (yum!) yogurt with a handful of Kashi Go Lean mixed in. I think the high protein makes me feel fuller longer and it's just delicious. Yes, I called yogurt delicious. I am now "one of those people".
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I make a veggie frittata.
    Liquid egg whites, onions, green/red peppers, sometimes tomato, spinach, parsley, Morningstar vegetarian 'sausage' patty or 'bacon' strips, little pepper, a 1/2 serving of either feta or goat cheese.
    And either a 1/2 'smart bagel' or sprouted grain bread.

If not enough time, I'll have special k w/ 1/2 serving of walnuts, blueberries and/or strawberries and unsweeteend almond milk.
    (Though I should eat my oatmeal more often)

And coffee with unsweetened almond milk & 1.5 packets of pure via. (on occassion, black tea)
  • mysterysilk
    Options
    Chobani fat free vanilla yogurt, 1/4 cup blueberries and 2 tablespoons of vanilla and almond granola (:
  • Fulminare
    Fulminare Posts: 17
    Options
    1 box of Krispy Creme Donuts and a stalk of celery
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    So far today just black coffee with 1 cup of grapes... but gonna get ready to eat green apple slices with PB. I usually eat a big breakfast but was in a hurry this morning.

Normally I eat:

Oatmeal 1 cup
    2 scrambled eggs
    2 slices of turley bacon
    1 slice if toast (if I don't eat oatmeal)

or

2 egg omlette with mushroom, bell pepper, onion, and low fat cheese
    1 slcie of toast (with 1 tsp of PB and a drizzle of honey)

or

Strawberry/banana smoothie (homemade)

or

PB, oatmeal & banana breakfast drink.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Today I had a protein bar and hot water with lemon juice and honey in it...
    Was my "before workout" snack, but I might end up eating more because I'm huuuungry again.
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I ate a bite of my kids Quaker yogurt bar and a big cup of coffee with splenda and about a half cup of milk in it. I just put a pork roast in the crock pot so I will eat a snack or light lunch and eat the pork roas in 5 or so hours.
  • Bryguy894
    Bryguy894 Posts: 3
    Options
    As someone who rarely has time to cook my own breakfast, I had a protein shake.

440 calories for 16 ounces of fat free milk and 2 scoops of Gold Standard whey protein - perfect for the procrastinator (take it with you and drink it on the road) and takes as long as washing out your shaker to make.
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    scrambled egg and cheese with Taco Bell's fire sauce
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I had a piece of Sara Lee 45 cal wheat bread with peanut butter on and a peach, along with that some water.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    3 strips of turkey bacon and one fried egg and 1/4 of an avocado
    sorry no picture
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I had a bowl of Alpen muesli with skimmed milk, and a cup of tea. And then when I got to work, I had a mini swiss roll because it had been left on my desk and I was having a horrible day already. :grumble: