Dating! EEEK!

Options

Replies

• grumpymoo
    grumpymoo Posts: 64
    Options
    I just read the thread in total, didnt saw it before.. its soo sweet.

and a little bit like soap opera..but in a good way :)

good luck for date 3!!

Hi. I think it's more of a educational documentary myself. "Hey kids...This is how NOT to date in your thirties....":laugh:

I can see this being aired for such a long time over here! lol And I'm hoping for good luck and lots of it for date number 3, as it will most likely be The Kissing Date! Sounds like such a cheesey title for a bad B-list plot line doesn't it?? :bigsmile:
  • grumpymoo
    Options
    Update number .... oops can't remember how many updates you've had, but.....

We were supposed to get the whole First Kiss thing out the way yesterday but he had work and I had the Gas Man due at 2pm so it just didn't happen. :sad:

He did phone me just to chat as he had a spare half hour, but as luck would have the Gas Man was early. :grumble: :grumble:

Hopefully we will get together after the weekend (or I may just arrange to casually be walking on the beach nearest his house and oops accidentally text him where I am and.....you get the general idea here!)

Dani did say this was like soap opera!

I just can't wait to see him again. :blushing:

Everybody have a great day out there.
    :heart:
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    I'm totally following this string! Love it! I hope the best for you! Keep us posted! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • DebbsHereNow
    DebbsHereNow Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You look adorable, so just be happy that you are so pretty.
    When I left my X and started dating again, I was always worried because I was so heavy. I used to alway apologize and be nervous about my size. Then one day, on a date, the guy, ( who was very fit) said to me, I was so worried if you would like me. After that I realized we are all just human.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Before I got divorced I was working out religiously and looked pretty darned good in a pair of jeans. I got a new job (or actually three jobs---single mom sysdrome), made some new friends, bought a house, and went back to school to earn my degree in education. When I started dating, I still had the horrible self esteem issues and the guy I dated was awesome. Come to find out, he had the same kinds of issues. His life was actually on the downhill slide: First he lost his wife and had to raise his infant daughter alone, then he lost his long time girlfriend, then he dated a client that reported him when she got angry and he lost his job, then his house. At the end of the seven months of dating him I walked away with this important lesson:

I GET TO BE WHO I AM, YOU GET TO BE WHO YOU ARE AND IF IT HAPPENS THAT WE ARE IN THE SAME PLACE AT THE SAME TIME AND IT WORKS OUT FOR US TO BE TOGETHER, THEN GOOD. DON'T CHANGE FOR ME AND DON'T ASK ME TO CHANGE FOR YOU.

Anyway, I'm anxious to hear more about how this works out. :flowerforyou:
  • grumpymoo
    Options
    Hi everyone! :bigsmile:

Haven't had date three yet or The Kiss... but I just wanted to share an insight I had yesterday, with you all.

Basically it was that all this time I have been soooo worried about how I come accross as a person... Self conscious, low self esteem, insecure etc etc.... And the fact that i get so nervous! But then it occured to me that by continuing to be like this after all the lovely things he says to me made me think how he must feel. You know, like I don't believe him, and that i don't value his opinion or whatnot.:noway:

So I decided to stop stressing over how long it takes him to reply to my messages (not because I don't think he will reply or anything but because I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to keep people hanging. I'm alway early for appointments, and always do what I say I will!) and just go with the flow, as it were! :laugh:

And now I am pretty much back to my normal sleeping patterns. Not that they are normal really, more Insomniac meets Sleepless In Seatle! :laugh: But I haven't been this keyed up for years and it has really thrown me out of balance, sleepwise. So I'm glad now to be getting more than 10 minutes. I actually got a whole 4 hours last night and 7 the night before.

Oh, and I've lost 5 pounds this week due to stress! I can nearly go down a clothes size!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Well, that's all I wanted to say for now, but I will keep you posted on further developments!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options

And now I am pretty much back to my normal sleeping patterns. Not that they are normal really, more Insomniac meets Sleepless In Seatle! :laugh: But I haven't been this keyed up for years and it has really thrown me out of balance, sleepwise. So I'm glad now to be getting more than 10 minutes. I actually got a whole 4 hours last night and 7 the night before.

Oh, and I've lost 5 pounds this week due to stress! I can nearly go down a clothes size!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Well, that's all I wanted to say for now, but I will keep you posted on further developments!

(Rerun) --

Don' t forget to eat and sleep. You may need the energy.....:wink:
  • jesusgrl14
    jesusgrl14 Posts: 250
    Options
    I am loving this thread! Oh you are just adorable, inside and out, and I can only pray the best for you in all of this fun!!
    I am 28 this month and have not dated anyone in nearly 8 years. Just haven't found anyone worth my time and is also interested in me! I am pretty sure I will be a nervous wreck when I eventually get a date again, so I can totally relate! I can't wait to here about the next date!! :flowerforyou:
  • southernheart
    Options
    Well I think this site is really neat. I am a 63 year YOUNg woman and cant wait to have a date again. I lost my husband 12 yrs ago and believe me its not fun. Im fun, loving and caring and now just need to find that man out there that wants to meet this lady.
  • grumpymoo
    Options
    I am loving this thread! Oh you are just adorable, inside and out, and I can only pray the best for you in all of this fun!!
    I am 28 this month and have not dated anyone in nearly 8 years. Just haven't found anyone worth my time and is also interested in me! I am pretty sure I will be a nervous wreck when I eventually get a date again, so I can totally relate! I can't wait to here about the next date!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much ! I hope you find someone who is just right for you! :heart:
  • grumpymoo
    Options
    Well I think this site is really neat. I am a 63 year YOUNg woman and cant wait to have a date again. I lost my husband 12 yrs ago and believe me its not fun. Im fun, loving and caring and now just need to find that man out there that wants to meet this lady.

Well, as they say... you are only as old as you feel! And by the sound of you I'm guessing you're in your thirties, right?? :wink:

Just keep an open mind cos it's usually the last one you look at that fits! Like when you lose your house keys!!! :laugh:
  • graypink0130
    Options
    Confidence in Key. Feel good about yourself and don't worry about anything else. Have a great time.:bigsmile:
  • grumpymoo
    Options
    Hiya everyone! Yep, back again. :laugh:

Not about date 3 sadly, but on a 'needing reasurance' thing! :embarassed: I don't know whether I've got my wires crossed with this guy or not. We have a lovely time every time we meet or talk but then there are the big gaps in between meeting and texting.

Now am I just being a little over sensitive if it goes 3 days without hearing from him? Or is he trying to tell me he is no longer interested, and I'm just being too dense to see it?

He has said that he wouldn't have even met me if I hadn't 'persisted' but now I think I'm afraid to keep this up as a- it makes me appear slightly desperate and b- do I really want to be doing all the chasing?

He has a very busy life and I don't want him to feel as if I am demanding his time and attention. That is something he should be more than willing to give if he was really interested, shouldn't he?

So that is my question really, how do I keep his attention without coming across as desperate or too persistant? Or do I just give him space?

This is all so complicated. sigh. :ohwell: I'm hoping for some male perspective on this one I think!

:heart:
  • Assilem
    Assilem Posts: 21
    Options
    I've seen this dating topic on the board a few times and was curious what it was so I checked it out.

I've read a few things in the posts about your low self-esteem issue, which unfortunately a lot of men and women suffer from. I was given the best advice from a friend of mine when I was having troubles too as I've had extremely low self-esteem since having my kids. She had broken up with her boyfriend of 8 years a few months prior and seemed like she had been doing great but really she was following her own advice. This is her advice and it is so simple.

"FAKE IT UNTILL YOU MAKE IT"

Just come off as confident as best you can until it comes back itself. Easy to do and your self confidence will slowly be working its way back, especially with your new gentleman friend, health and weight loss!

Congrats on being strong enough to get back out there!
  • Drkrimage2
    Options
    Hello very new to this, I have read the whole thing WOW you all have it going on, If you look at my profile it says I am a female, Well I am all male 41 to be exact and at last take I was still all male. I have been married to the same woman going on 17 yrs. I have lots of kids oldes being 19 youngest being 3.
    Coming from a guy I can tell you Don't panick on the not getting back to you, My wife and I text all the time and I being male get into more trouble then not for not responding. I get alot of the hello are you there texts. But in the industry I am in I work with alot of single men, who all in all have lots of GF's and the biggest thing I hear from them is I wish she would stop pestering me, Doesn't she realize I work, I have other friends. My response to them is are you wanting a relationship or a Friend. The unfortunate thing Is most men have one thing on their mind. Especailly the young guys I work with. I lay it on the line with them if you want a relationship then you have to take the pestering along with the not talking to you for one reason or another.
    Have you talked to him about what he wants? Do you know what you want with him?
    Now my wife is a very attractive women to me, She has gone from a size 3 to an 8-10 and now back to a 4-6. I loved her all thru the times of fluxuation. I have had many friends that were of the larger women and it made no difference to me. If anything I had more good times with them then I did at times with the boney/skinny women as some of you have put it. Thought that was preaty funny.
    Be yourself, enjoy yourself. for if you can do that at anytime it doesn't matter what happens in your future you will always be happy. DON'T worry about anyone else you come first. My Grand father always said " good things come to those that wait. and if it is not meant to be then well it wasn't meant to be.
    Let him do his thing if he is truely interested then he will answer and call and text you. BUT you on the other hand go and enjoy life HES out there and when your not looking BAM he will be there. ( that is the unknown man in your life.) Oh and word of advice don't let the kids set you up could be scary LOLOLOL. I wish you the best of luck and remember the more you press the further he will go. Also look at his job and evalutate his free time to be able to respond, I know in my job My patients come first for their lives depend on it. Would be sorta hard to say- I know your bleeding to death but hey give me a sec, wife needs to know if I can pick up the kids or not and what time. ( JOKING folks never has happened.) but know ing what he does and time aval. can affect the response time. AND Remember he is male and we as you all know can not multi task- so my wife says.

Best of wishes to you

Lonnie- Denver COLO.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I would def. lay low...I think he's aware that you're interested in seeing each other again
    I would let him make the next move....

GOOD LUCK
    Kim
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Have you invited him over for a home cooked meal?:smile: They say a way to a man's heart is through his stomach:love: If you have any idea what he likes , it would be good to ask him what foods he likes and dislikes. Then you can prepare it to fit your diet. I wish you the very best and happiness and true love.:flowerforyou:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    First, I wouldn't take him not getting in touch with you for 3 days a sign of him not wanting to see you. Now, a couple weeks, yes. but not a few days. My boyfriend is the worst person in the world for answering his phone or responding to a text. I think it's a guy thing.

Second, PLAY IT COOL! I agree with the people who said, let him make the next move. He knows you are interested and will reciprocate when and if he wants to. One thing I have learned is that the more you push the more you push them away. Then, you play it cool, act like you have a busy life and lots to do and you'll work him in when you have time and before you know it, he'll be even more interested. again, I think it's a guy thing.

This is what worked for me in nabbing my guy. We dated for a while and then he went cold on me so I started going out and doing other things and seeing other people. Didn't answer his phone calls for a while and when he finally emailed me asking me to go out, I made him wait 2 weeks because "my social calendar was too full" We are now happily ever after.

Good luck and go out and have fun. If it doesn't work with him there are plenty of men out there looking for a beautiful, happy woman.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Hi, Coralie!

"Life is what happens when you are waiting for life to happen."

I Totally Agree with Drkimage2 who just posted before me. And THANK YOU, sir, for posting that reply :flowerforyou: Testosterone feedback is appreciated!

Time with your children will pass way too quickly, and soon they will be grown. I say .......(childless :ohwell: ) that they are your first priority. Get out there! Go do what you can afford to do, whether a picnic, or movie-night at home, take the kids for walks, whatever you like. You may have always wanted to take a water-color painting class, or join a book club, or investment club -whatever gives you Passion besides men.

Even when married, people need to have other interests and spend some time away from each other.

Fill your life with interests, you will be soooo interesting, no one will be able to resist.

And give him time. Guys want to be the chasers and are much more laid-back when it comes to communicating.

More +++positive+++ energy comin' at ya! :bigsmile:

~Cheryl
  • grumpymoo
    Options
    :bigsmile:

Once again I am indebted to all you guys! And I'd like to second Cheryl in thanks to Drkrimage2. Right on the money- thank you so much!

:flowerforyou:

I was really hoping to get the male perspective and I think he put it across so well and eloquently too, and yes I took some of his advice......

And... Success! My guy sent me a really sweet text message after I sent him a light-hearted one just saying good morning. It is so reassuring to know that he was out there thinking of me. My big problem is that I'm in uncharted waters at this point.

All my other 'dates' have never got past the first meeting and then the odd few texts, emails, calls just after, so to find a guy who wants to keep seeing me is a little scary! And being that bit insecure doesn't help, either!:laugh: Cos I keep thinking he's gotten bored if he doesn't speak to me in while.

I am getting much better at occupying my time - my house has never been so clean, tidy and organised!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Now all I have to do is take Cheryls' advice and get lots of hobbies. Cos that is the other thing that really worries me! He has such a busy life and I , well, I don't. At all! When I say I'm a mum, I mean that is all I do! End of. School, food shopping, dentist trips etc. What if I bore him to tears? :sad:

But I am going to take some other really good advice and 'Fake it till I make it', in the confidence stakes at least.:laugh:

So a HUGE thanks to all you who are keeping me going here. You should all feel very proud of yourselves for being so supportive and generous-hearted! :heart: I am soooo grateful.:blushing: