How do you get so much water in?

Options
12346»

Replies

• desertowman
    desertowman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't drink that much myself, but I carry a water jug with me to work daily. It's about 32 or 34 oz of water. I have to full it up before I leave work in order to make it to 8 glasses of water a day. I also add a tbs of organic apple cider vinger to my water. No calories, and it gives it a kick to boot.
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    have the same problem...getting water in....lots of good ideas here
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I find that I drink more water if I a bottle with a straw. It is odd. But I also add lemon or lime juice to add some flavor. I avoid the powdered "flavor" packets because they are artificial sweeteners.
  • cathy825
    cathy825 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like to drink ice cold water but It always tastes so much better with lemon I slice up fresh lemon and put it in my water container. and it makes such a difference.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I love water.. and crave it. So it's not very hard for me. When I was first beginning my healthy journey I lived on sweet tea and mountain dew. I shake my head in disgust at the amount of that stuff I drank. I was young and stupid. It was a struggle for me to quit those and then start drinking water. Now it's like second nature to me. It probably took me a month to adjust to drinking water. I still drink my coffee in the morning, though and hot tea, but water is my main beverage. I rarely ever drink sweet tea. Only when we go out to eat and do not drink soda at all.
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I had to work up to it. First I tried having one cup in the morning and one with each meal (before whatever other drink I had). Then those plus one before and after each workout, however small. Now I have a 23 oz. water bottle that I keep filled at my desk at work, and sip from it all day, usually refilling it twice before the day is out. Sometimes I toss a little Crystal Lite powder (or some other non-caloric flavoring) to mix it up.
  • jessmoore_84
    Options
    I have a 56 oz (7 cup) water bottle that i fill about 1/3 of the way with water and freeze overnight.
    in the morning I fill the bottle the rest of the way with water, so it stays cold all day.
    I keep it at my desk and drink it throughout the day.
    I will also have another bottle of water or two while working out.