Why 3 meals a day doesn't work...

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Love it when newbies tell us how it is done

Too bad I do intermittent fasting.... I will probably die soon

Dude doesn't exactly look like a newbie. Something's working for him. :wink: I've tried the fasting once or twice and have had some interesting results! What is the biggest benefit for you?
    Something IS working for him, and it's called Photoshop! Take a closer look at the picture :laugh: (props to ElizabethRoad for being the first to catch this!)
    Heehee. To be fair, though, no one's saying that eating 6 meals a day is a bad idea. It's just not the only way.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I lost 20 lbs eating 3 meals a day..... and it wasn't all muscle... so I am going to say false!

I have heard more people lose weight from eating 3 meals than I have with eating 10 meals. ;-)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    How many meals we eat has no influence on metabolism.

^ This is true. When you eat has no influence on metabolism. You can eat 10 meals a day or 1, it's the caloric content that will determine whether you gain or lose weight.
    10% of the calories we eat are used for metabolism. If you eat 1000 calories, you will burn 100 calories. If you eat 2000 calories you will burn 200 calories. Net result 900 calories vs 1800.

I have absolutely no idea where you got this information, but it is incorrect. I suggest you research further.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My philosophy is... hungry? eat.
  • toagirl
    toagirl Posts: 41
    Options
    Bump :-)
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    imagesCAO8HPVH.jpg

I love you, my Pegasister XD
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I laughed when I read this.. but wow. You guys are sure mean to the guy! Not cool.
  • gomidas2007
    gomidas2007 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ya know, it's really not photoshopped. I know there is no chance I could get any of you to believe that but w/e. Your choice. I'll admit, I screwed up on this one. I really was just trying to help, but I shouldn't have posted that under the guise I had written it myself, that was never my intention, and frankly never even crossed my mind. So for that I am truly sorry. You all can continue to take shots at me, that's fine. I will be more careful in the unlikely event I ever post again.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Sorry it took awhile to respond, I was going through all the peer-reviewed studies that you cited.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Heehee. To be fair, though, no one's saying that eating 6 meals a day is a bad idea. It's just not the only way.
    Understood and I agree :smile:
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Ya know, it's really not photoshopped. I know there is no chance I could get any of you to believe that but w/e. Your choice. I'll admit, I screwed up on this one. I really was just trying to help, but I shouldn't have posted that under the guise I had written it myself, that was never my intention, and frankly never even crossed my mind. So for that I am truly sorry. You all can continue to take shots at me, that's fine. I will be more careful in the unlikely event I ever post again.

You shouldn't let peoples comments keep you from posting your opinions in the future. We all have our own- and should be able to voice them. And we are all here for the same reason in the end- don't let your voice die.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options

Hey, we all make mistakes. The fact that you owned up to it and apologized shows a lot character. It would have been much easier to just fade into the internet and not post anything in return.

That was a really great thing to own up to it. Good job!!

I am being 100% sincere with that statement.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Aw, I'm sorry. You have to admit it looks suspicious though. Sorry we all hurt your feelings... but don't take it personally. It's just that we strongly disagree with your post. We don't dislike you.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options

Listen to me very carefully. It will turn out a lot better if you just stop posting and let the thread die. It's been hijacked at this point and the train has left the station. On full blast. It's not going to come back and slow down. HTH

Also, welcome to the MFP forums: the friendliest place on the internet.
  • StarkLark
    Options
    Fair enough, but some of the lines and distortions in your pic look awfully suspicious. If it is unaltered, then I do apologize.
  • StarkLark
    Options
    Sorry we all hurt your feelings... but don't take it personally. It's just that we strongly disagree with your post. We don't dislike you.
    Fully agree with this, don't let one experience with the MFP snark monsters scare you off! We're happy to have you gomidas2007 :drinker:
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    What a load of poo! I eat 2-3 meals a day and I've been losing weight just fine and looking more muscular. I have better things to do than eat 5-6 meals a day. And if your metabolism shut down, you'd die.
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options

Listen to me very carefully. It will turn out a lot better if you just stop posting and let the thread die. It's been hijacked at this point and the train has left the station. On full blast. It's not going to come back and slow down. HTH

Also, welcome to the MFP forums: the friendliest place on the internet.
    Awesome!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Honestly for me, 3 meals a day doesn't work. Not because I believe it will "keep my metabolism" going or anything, but because I truly get hungry a LOT. I have naturally gravitated towards eating 6x a day. I eat three medium sized meals plus 3 snacks. I prefer to distribute my calories evenly throughout the day. That's just me and how I like to eat. I try and listen to my body cues as to when and how much I eat. Doesn't make it right or wrong. If someone else wants to eat once a day or 10 times a day, doesn't matter to me. I don't believe that meal frequency matters much as long as you are getting all of your nutrients and calories in. If I go too long without eating, I get lightheaded, dizzy, tired and downright crabby . So for everyone else's sake I will eat every 3 hours or so :laugh:
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I have another question- and it may be a stupid one but i'm asking anyway.
    I've heard there are bad calories and good calories. True/ False? If true- what kind of calories should I steer clear of or does it not matter what kind I eat as long as i'm at or under my calorie goal for the day?