What food do you believe to be THE superfood?

Options

Replies

• TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Turtle
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts. It is nearly impossible to dislike them the way I make 'em.

Smother them in butter? Cuz yeah, nothing beats buttery brussel sprouts with pepper. :love:

I'd say spinach (for the vitamins), oats (because they're so filling and low GI), or chia seeds (provides tons of energy).
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Red Wine... duh. Everyone should know this.

This. PS...I like you! :wink:
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    peanut butter ice cream

good God you are amazing.

first your comment.

then, your AVATAR!!
    18.gif
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts. It is nearly impossible to dislike them the way I make 'em.

You would sooooooo have to prove that one! LOL

I would accept the challenge without hesitation if you were here for dinner!
  • adrushe
    adrushe Posts: 25
    Options
    Ice cream

Hah, I wish!
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    Beer.

^^^THIS^^^ Nectar of the gods.....................
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Red Wine... duh. Everyone should know this.

This. PS...I like you! :wink:

right back atcha :)
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Avacado. Yes it's high in fat but it's good fat and it's LOADED with healthy stuff and leaves you feeling full.

Also black beans SO many things you can do with these, almost as versatile as chicken, loaded with fiber and protein. Also they ar super cheap and I'm poor
  • ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Mine would be kale and chocolate - not together of course!
  • baby_chocolate
    baby_chocolate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I say ... CHOCOLATE - Dark!! :wink:
  • lisamarie64
    lisamarie64 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter !!!!!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything is THE superfood, but I'd also go with beans because there is such a variety and they are so versatile.

Legumes are partially responsible for every modern disease, so I hope you reconsider

That's what makes them so super. They will defeat us all in the end!
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I would say hemp seeds. But I also would say to mash the avacado and sprinkle in hulled hemp seeds with a dash of garlic, and you have a super-food galore that is super yummy! :happy:
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hmm... good question :). I'm always reading the things that come out online about "10 mega vitamin packed foods" and "the best foods for weight loss" etc... But from what I've both read and experienced - I would say some of the best foods are quinoa, salmon, broccoli, colored bell peppers (not just the green ones), mushrooms, bananas (not overdoing it, though), and maybe raw almonds...

I always see stuff about Acai Berries, Spirulina, and Chia seeds - but I've never actually tried any of them.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything is THE superfood, but I'd also go with beans because there is such a variety and they are so versatile.

Legumes are partially responsible for every modern disease, so I hope you reconsider

^^^ Doubtful
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

^^^ Doubtful

Truth, along with dairy and grains
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Peanut M&Ms
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Apples. Because they are the only thing I can literally eat all day and never get bored with.