What food do you believe to be THE superfood?

Options

Replies

• 1SlimShaylee
    1SlimShaylee Posts: 204
    Options
    salmon!
    the filet's that i buy are only 272 calories and have 40g of protein! nom nom nom
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Bananas!!! They always perk me up when I'm sleepy. :)
  • FrankWorsley
    FrankWorsley Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wheat
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    The one wearing the cape
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas covered in dark chocolate, wine, ice cream.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potatoes
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Kale.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    It's in the name!

SuperPretzels.jpg
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wheatberries. They're insanely good with every meal, but the only downside is that the raw ones can be hard to find. I have them in oatmeal in the morning for added texture and chew, mixed with hummus for lunch (again, for taste and texture), or in a salad with honey-based dressing.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    All fruits/veggies nuts beans .
  • monicalord
    monicalord Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    KALE. Also Nopales (cactus).
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    The one wearing the cape

Larryboy.jpg

baby spinach (and other greens with bacon)
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Gyros, sushi, sweet potatoes, steak, beer, and chocolate.
  • yogagirl1111
    yogagirl1111 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    beans and 70%+ chocolate

edit*** also, salmon sashimi
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything is THE superfood, but I'd also go with beans because there is such a variety and they are so versatile.

Legumes are partially responsible for every modern disease, so I hope you reconsider

^^^ Doubtful

Truth, along with dairy and grains

Huh? I would love to know if you had something with which to back that up. People in India have long lived off of primarily lentils, with a fair bit of rice and bread (and some paneer, right?) and have not had a high incidence of "modern" disease. Now that they are eating more meat in the cities, they are seeing increases in heart disease.

Also, modern medicine doesn't tend to increase life expectancy by extending the length of healthy lives. That's a misconception. Life expectancy is an average that includes infant deaths. Let's say you have 30% infant mortality and people mostly live to be about 70, life expectancy is 49 years. If you cut that infant mortality down to 10% without increasing anyone's life at the other end, you've raised life expectancy to 63.

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2010/09/19/paleo-diet-solution/

I'm glad to see blogs have replace peer reviewed research..........
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything is THE superfood, but I'd also go with beans because there is such a variety and they are so versatile.

Legumes are partially responsible for every modern disease, so I hope you reconsider

^^^ Doubtful

Truth, along with dairy and grains

Huh? I would love to know if you had something with which to back that up. People in India have long lived off of primarily lentils, with a fair bit of rice and bread (and some paneer, right?) and have not had a high incidence of "modern" disease. Now that they are eating more meat in the cities, they are seeing increases in heart disease.

Also, modern medicine doesn't tend to increase life expectancy by extending the length of healthy lives. That's a misconception. Life expectancy is an average that includes infant deaths. Let's say you have 30% infant mortality and people mostly live to be about 70, life expectancy is 49 years. If you cut that infant mortality down to 10% without increasing anyone's life at the other end, you've raised life expectancy to 63.

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2010/09/19/paleo-diet-solution/

People just don't know when you're screwing with their heads.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in superfood. All food are made equal. It's the person ingesting the food. Everyone is different and everyone's need is different. It's up to you to decide what you need and how much is needed.

Really? So you're going to suggest that there is no nutritional advantage to eating a variety of fruits and vegetables, nuts, fish etc vs eating nothing but meat and potatoes?

At the most basic level we are all far more similar than people like to acknowledge, yes there are allergies and sensitivities and disease but absent any of those our nutritional needs (micro & macro nutrients) are almost identical.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Roast Unicorn, in rainbow sauce :laugh:
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Oats / Oatmeal or Tequila. You decide!
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    My Chia seeds!