Shooting @ Batman Movie Premeire

Options

Replies

• elcyclista
    elcyclista Posts: 393
    Options
    This is undoubtedly sad.

The question we would ask in England is how did he get kevlar helmet, kevlar vest, assault rifle, and a hand gun - but our attitude to guns is very different

Came here to write this, from Canada, it shouldn't be a shock to a lot of people this happened. When someone can buy these things and have them in their house, it's bound to happen! Just takes one crazy guy, this had nothing to do with the actual movie...

I would be willing to bet you my house against a 5 dollar bill that the guns were not obtained legally. People always bring up gun laws like they actually help prevent these issues. Criminals will have/get guns if they are legal or not. Cocaine has been illegal for years and coke heads still get their hands on plenty of it.

Yep, wrong. He legally owned all the guns and all the ammo. God bless America. Every weapon he used is illegal in Canada. Just saying.

And also this.

When was the last time something like this happened in London or England?

Yeah, I won't hold my breath.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1414855/England-has-worst-crime-rate-in-world.html
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    There is too much killing, and violence, in movies, video games, and TV shows. That is contributing factor when some *kitten* goes does something like this. And gun control laws are not the answer. Drugs are illegal, but no one has trouble getting them.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    This is undoubtedly sad.

The question we would ask in England is how did he get kevlar helmet, kevlar vest, assault rifle, and a hand gun - but our attitude to guns is very different

Came here to write this, from Canada, it shouldn't be a shock to a lot of people this happened. When someone can buy these things and have them in their house, it's bound to happen! Just takes one crazy guy, this had nothing to do with the actual movie...

I would be willing to bet you my house against a 5 dollar bill that the guns were not obtained legally. People always bring up gun laws like they actually help prevent these issues. Criminals will have/get guns if they are legal or not. Cocaine has been illegal for years and coke heads still get their hands on plenty of it.

Yep, wrong. He legally owned all the guns and all the ammo. God bless America. Every weapon he used is illegal in Canada. Just saying.

And also this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1414855/England-has-worst-crime-rate-in-world.html

1) That's from 2002. Find a more recent one and it still wouldn't be relevant because..................

2) It's talking about overall crime not shootings.
  • elcyclista
    Options
    This is undoubtedly sad.

And also this.

1) That's from 2002. Find a more recent one and it still wouldn't be relevant because..................

2) It's talking about overall crime not shootings.

1) Crime shouldn't have changed much from the top 10 in the world in the past 10 years. This article is before the economic collapse. If the UK has been able to drop from the top ten to the 50ths or 100ths even after a world wide economic collapse, please UK let us know your secret, because the entire world has been trying the same for centuries.

2) this article IS about overall crime.

I'm not against or for guns. There is no silver bullet answer to gun related tragedies because crime has been ongoing since man first made history. Crime in general has been inversely proportional to economic progress. When a country is economically well off, crime rates have gone down. There has been a point in history where the US had historic lows in crime during high economic progress.

Eliminating guns won't solve the problem. The laws of supply and demand have shown us that eliminating any good with a demand will create a black market for that good. (Alcohol in the 20s for example).

Every discussion about a tragic event always becomes a controversial topic discussion. I hope the best for those affected by the tragedy.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I don't care what side of the gun agenda you're on. This is not the time to push it. There is something fundamentally sick about taking someone's tragedy and turning it into a talking point for politics within the very week that it has happened.
  • elcyclista
    Options
    I don't care what side of the gun agenda you're on. This is not the time to push it. There is something fundamentally sick about taking someone's tragedy and turning it into a talking point for politics within the very week that it has happened.

I agree.
  • Gargoyle69
    Gargoyle69 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    How many people knew about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sKQl-Qp5W0&feature=related

hmmm, maybe CCW permit has its merits.....hmmmm
  • Gargoyle69
    Gargoyle69 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Once again a regrettable situation for two families. Luckily not more. God Bless them all.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    is anyone else a little nervous to go see batman now? just saying, i am definitely going to be thinking about it
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I love how people are saying gun control isn't an issue. I'm sorry but how many guns and how much equipment did he have? It was probably very easy for him to get hold of all that crap, and you don;t think that's a problem? Ridiculous! No, not everyone who has a gun is a psycho, but making it easy for psychos to get guns isn't good.
    You're right. We should scrutinize EVERY person that wants to buy a gun, no exceptions. We should also scrutinize anyone that wants to buy a car as well, no exceptions. Also, anyone that wants to buy a beer should go through rigorous psycho evaluation. Can you imagine what *could* happen if someone drank and drove?? The consequences could be disastrous!

Food for thought: how may "shootings" happen at gun practice ranges, where EVERYONE has a gun??
    Miquel you either have to be an anti gun wacko or a complete idiot to make a comment like that!! Why srutinize honest americans when criminals and bad people will get guns regardless of how strict our gun laws are! In this country we have a right to bare arms and making it harder to for good law biding citizens to buy guns is about the dumbest thing I have read on this site since I have been a member, bad people wont obey any laws! Dont tread on me.
  • foxyforce
    Options
    and i disagree with the pro-gun people. i get that guns don't kill people and people kill people. but say he went in with a knife, because that was all he had access too, the amount of people dead would be much more minimal. easy access to something that can allow a man to do something like this is silly. it is about prevention, no one is blaming guns, they are thinking..."what might prevent something like this from happening again", even at the level it did. He bought like, 600 rounds of ammunition or something. On the street, that is harder to acquire!!!
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I live here in Colorado ,near Aurora and this is such a tragedy. Everyone wants to know why this man done any of this!! This was fully planned out down to the shooting starting around the same time as a shooting scene in the movie apparently. So many innocent victims died and so many injured . Hearing the accounts of what happened on the news was just heartbreaking. All those poor families.

How did he know when and what happened in the movie prior to a midnite screening?
  • foxyforce
    Options
    I love how people are saying gun control isn't an issue. I'm sorry but how many guns and how much equipment did he have? It was probably very easy for him to get hold of all that crap, and you don;t think that's a problem? Ridiculous! No, not everyone who has a gun is a psycho, but making it easy for psychos to get guns isn't good.
    You're right. We should scrutinize EVERY person that wants to buy a gun, no exceptions. We should also scrutinize anyone that wants to buy a car as well, no exceptions. Also, anyone that wants to buy a beer should go through rigorous psycho evaluation. Can you imagine what *could* happen if someone drank and drove?? The consequences could be disastrous!

Food for thought: how may "shootings" happen at gun practice ranges, where EVERYONE has a gun??

most people don't want to shoot up a gun range, and i am sure the paper trail and security is enough to prevent a disastrous outcome and allow someone to get away with it. not to mention, everyone does have guns....so why would they try and shoot someone who might have a better shot? this man opened fire on unsuspecting individuals.
  • foxyforce
    Options
    I live here in Colorado ,near Aurora and this is such a tragedy. Everyone wants to know why this man done any of this!! This was fully planned out down to the shooting starting around the same time as a shooting scene in the movie apparently. So many innocent victims died and so many injured . Hearing the accounts of what happened on the news was just heartbreaking. All those poor families.

How did he know when and what happened in the movie prior to a midnite screening?

there may have been something in the comics that suggested what happened, or a leak maybe?
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    They can make gun laws as tight as they want. That will NOT stop bad people from getting guns. If they want them, they will always have a way to find them. All restricting gun laws does is make it harder for us good citizens who could protect our selves and others more difficult for us to do that exact thing.
  • foxyforce
    Options
    They can make gun laws as tight as they want. That will NOT stop bad people from getting guns. If they want them, they will always have a way to find them. All restricting gun laws does is make it harder for us good citizens who could protect our selves and others more difficult for us to do that exact thing.

guns seldom protect people. and i never once said it stops "bad" people from getting guns. but it does prevent, or makes it much more difficult, for someone like this batman shooter to acquire as much weaponry as he did. i honestly doubt someone like this would be able to acquire the weaponry he did here in canada. we have a lot of gang violence, but no one comes out firing the rounds that were fired at this event. it is such a tragedy.
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Put his *kitten* in the prison, general population and he will get what's coming to him !!!

Un F'n believable !!!!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Put his *kitten* in the prison, general population and he will get what's coming to him !!!

Un F'n believable !!!!

That won't happen
    He is on the women's side of the jail right now in Solitary confinement.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    guns seldom protect people.

Really?
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Colorado has the death penalty, I really hope they use it.