Why does everyone love Zumba so much?

Options

Replies

• domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    People who enjoy Zumba tend to enjoy dance classes in general. I don't really like classes and I'm not a good dancer but I can see why other people love it. It's really fast paced and upbeat.
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I don't like it either.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Eh my strategy with most things is don't knock it til you try it :) With zumba find a well reccomended instructor though !

PS I couldn't dance at ALL before zumba, now I dance even not at zumba !
  • Drea_ann
    Drea_ann Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love salsa, and because I don't have time to go to clubs, I Zumba. But only at home, cause i'm sure i look like a fool :o)
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You just mentioned my favorite two classes-plus I will add body pump. I just
    enjoy doing group exercises.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have two left feet and no rythm whatsoever. I will not zumba....LOL
  • kittyhug1986
    kittyhug1986 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My first time doing zumba was yesterday. I did it at home from a tape. I felt kind of stupid cause I have very little rythm but I figure I would try it... I feel like I would like it better once I learn the steps and dont feel so awkward about moving my hips in that way.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    cause its fun!.. yes, as some other ppl said, it depends on the instructor!, if you have the same routine with the same songs over and over again you will get bored.
    I could ask the question you asked to all the runners, I HATE running/jogging with a passion!, If i do the same long enough I get bored, i dont understand how people can like running, for me zumba is so much better, different songs and a good instructor makes the trick I guess.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    Like a few posts prior mentioned, if you like dancing and you like reggaeton type music, Zumba is fun. I love dancing and I love reggaeton music (Daddy Yankee being my fave) so I really enjoy zumba. There's this one move that I love to do and my daughter laughs everytime...LOL. The only reason I don't do it more at my gym is because the classes are always so packed. I'm not trying to get bumped over by some sweaty woman going crazy on the booty shaking part of the work out...LOL
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I just don't get it. I have tried it a few times. It's alright I guess, but I really can't get into it. I see all these posts about how great it is. I just don't see it.
    I keep being told I should come to class. I just keep on brushing them off. I would rather try to build muscle or go for a run if I am doing cardio.
    Am I the only one who doesn't like it at all?
    Everyone doesn't love Zumba. There are plenty of people who tried it once and found it wasn't for them. There are plenty more who have no interest in trying it.

It's just that those people who stick with it, do so because they love it. So when there are posts about Zumba, you tend to get those people.

It's the same with 30DS and C25K and P90X -- people who do it and find that it works for them are thrilled and are happy to talk about their success. But there are plenty of people who thought, "nope, not for me" and instead found something that did appeal to them.
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    I just don't get it. I have tried it a few times. It's alright I guess, but I really can't get into it. I see all these posts about how great it is. I just don't see it.

I keep being told I should come to class. I just keep on brushing them off. I would rather try to build muscle or go for a run if I am doing cardio.

Not everyone loves it. I love it. I've always been into music and dancing. People who aren't like that most likely won't like Zumba.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It's true. I love Zumba, but as I told another poster, it's probably not the best choice for me because I look like a handicapped kid in a windstorm...:noway:
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options

I don't even know what it looks like, but I agree with your exercise choices. Cept I just do cardio on a treadmil.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    It's true. I love Zumba, but as I told another poster, it's probably not the best choice for me because I look like a handicapped kid in a windstorm...:noway:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHfjdsfjsalkfjsldkfjlkdsjfldsjfdlcjeigfdfahdfdsf
    BAAHA.

omg.
    bahaha.
  • Michelle_Murray
    Michelle_Murray Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely no a fan of Zumba. Maybe it was just the fitness instructor but I couldn't get into it. Plus, just as I would get a move down it would change, which is very frustrating. You are not alone in your dislike.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

More power and to each their own. However my gym time is not a dance class, it bares no interest to me at all. I'm with you, rather lift and run.
  • PeterThompson
    Options
    maybe Zumba is not just for you do whatyou like and what you think is effective for you to get fit http://bestadjustabledumbbellsreviews.com/
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Zumba-How-We-Feel-How-We-Look.jpg

this is why i only do zumba at home on the wii. but this is also why i love zumba. if i can just get over the fact i probably look like i'm having a seizure of some kind or doing a strange mating dance, it's pretty fun. but everyone likes different stuff.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I don't like zumba whatsoever.... My gym, Goodlife, has a dance class called "Body Jam' and if you were to try that out you would quickly realize Zumba isn't good LOL!!!

But at the end of the day, zumba is better than sitting on the couch, so whatever works for you DO IT!!!

I'm ready to be slammed :)
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I love that zumba has gotten a lot of my inactive family and friends active because it's a fun, healthy way to spend time with other people enjoying the same thing. We have zumba fundraisers here. You pay $5 and attend a class. I'll buy a couple tickets to support a cause and give the tickets to friends who love it! I have yet to try it myself, but when I can finally drag my BFF to a class so I won't feel alone in my awkwardness, I will! :smile: