Talk about a slap in the face. Motivation depleted.

Options

Replies

• krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That is a horrible thing to say to someone! "i'm not attracted to you because of your weight" What a douche! If you started picking imaginary flaws in him I'm sure he wouldn't be so cocky!

(also, hey from another ex swimmer! :drinker: )
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    I think you would do well to loose him first what a creep,if you want to loose weight do it for you not some mean minded bum hole like that.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Woahhhh, that's a serious jerk. I would leave him immediately if my boyfriend said that to me. Nobody deserves to be put down like that.
  • curvyvegan
    curvyvegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Kick him to the curb. Don't lose weight for him. Lose weight for yourself if that is what you YOU want to do. You need a partner who adores you and finds you gorgeous and sexy nomater what your weight. Dating can lead to marriage, babies, lots of body changes...and you need someone who will support you through that.

I have had three kids, and I'm about 25 pounds heavier than I was when I met my husband. My belly has stretch marks on it from my pregnancies, my boobs are no longer perky. But you know what? My husband is crazy about me and he tells me that I'm "sexy as hell." I am here to lose weight for ME, not for him, and it feels amazing to know that he finds me beautiful nomater what. You deserve that kind of devotion, too!
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    And that's the reason I always disliked having male friends, well I do had but not many. I hate how the can be so superficial and di**.

Please tell us you are ditching him, you really need to find someone who love you for what you are and not for what you can be.

And about being 17 body shape hell no! My wife always talked about that and I tell her 'If you get so skinny I'll fill divorce!' haha just kidding but nono please no girls understand you are not supposed to be that way.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    So not ok. You should never let anyone talk to you that way. That's emotionally abusive. Move on, because something here is broken.

Think about it. What happens if you stay together and get pregnant? What if you get sick? Do you always want to live in fear about what he is going to say, or even do, if you don't stay within his ideal image of you? That's just not healthy - you can do better than that.
  • ewhitehurst1
    ewhitehurst1 Posts: 178
    Options
    I would not change my life and move to where he is living. Sounds like a crappy man to me.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    He was just being honest.
    Most guys would never do that. Use this as a way to set goals and strive for your own ideal.
    Optimal body fat for a lady is around 20%, and as for weight, just fit yourself in the BMI range.
    When we are fat, and our SO says we are beautiful, they're lying.
    Sometimes the truth hurts, but pain makes us stronger.
    The echo chamber will tell you to ditch him but guess what?
    Every other guy will feel the same way. They just lie better.
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • seardefilip
    Options
    I wouldn't be moving anywhere for him!

THIS THIS THIS THIS
    THIS THIS THIS THIS
    THIS THIS THIS THIS
    THIS THIS THIS THIS
  • Mad4282
    Mad4282 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I hope he's now your ex boyfriend. What a mean thing to say to someone!
    ^^^^^What she said!^^^ He clearly does not deserve you!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFP6wWTdnSRG3UUI8DDJtU1jimtgSlCbpUEizX_jajipiDOGHGiXDm7dyT
  • beth0672
    beth0672 Posts: 37
    Options
    You deserve way better!!
  • Darrell916
    Darrell916 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That is so disrespectful towards you. I am sorry you had to go through that.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Why are you dating someone who doesn't find you attractive? & Why is he dating you if he doesn't find you attractive?

Sounds weird...
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Why is he your boyfriend if he's not attracted to you?
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    I hope he's now your ex boyfriend. What a mean thing to say to someone!

I AGREE!
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hahaha oh wow! This guy is one major douche canoe.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Stress causes your body to raise the level of cortosol. That means you hold onto your fat under stress. See a pattern here?

Keep up with the eating right & exercising.. lose the stress to lose weight.

Ditch the dumbarse!
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the jerk, if he doesn't love you for who you are now, he never will! Tell him to keep those old pictures of you, because that is all that he will be seeing. I think that this would make me even more motivated to lose weight and find someone way better!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Just tell him "I see great potential in you- as soon as you drop the *kitten* personality and start treating me like a human being".

Seriously, what an asshat thing to say to a girl who's going to move thousands of miles away with you.