Talk about a slap in the face. Motivation depleted.

Options

Replies

• ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say leave him because if you really care about him I am not going to be a *kitten* and tell you to tell him to get the *kitten* out of your life. You may need to clarify your stern stance on what you really think about what he said and based on how he chooses to accept you then make a decision for yourself.
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    That's so f'n RUDE!!!! I say use his rudeness as motivation!!! Dump his *kitten*!!! You'll get through your plateau! Once you get to your goal, send him a pic of what he could've had!!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    What a shallow jerk! (sigh)

I sure hope you took one of your "muscular" legs and booted his butt out the door!

Please don't let him ruin your motivation to be healthy.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    If I was with someone who couldn't accept me for I am right now I wouldn't be with them. You need to drop him and not move with him so he can't treat you like that all the time.
  • mariel12982
    Options
    Can you say "EX BOYFRIEND"! Keep you chin up hun :flowerforyou:
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Since he wants to be all superficial and judgmental, tell him you'll be losing those few extra inches when he grows a few inches...in a certain area. :laugh:
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I hope you told him (or will in the near future) that you have now seen his potential to be a colossal *kitten*.

Good thing you haven't moved 5000 miles away yet.

Find...someone...new! For the love of all that is holy.
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    LOL

Some of the replies really put a smile on my face, and you guys are all right, and I agree with every single one of you.

Just to be clear I am not moving FOR him. I have been on an assignment abroad and will be until the end of September, so come 9/27 it's time to move back home.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Wow. It seems like everyone on here is super sensitive... just wow
  • mistymamas
    mistymamas Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    He was just being honest.
    Most guys would never do that. Use this as a way to set goals and strive for your own ideal.
    Optimal body fat for a lady is around 20%, and as for weight, just fit yourself in the BMI range.
    When we are fat, and our SO says we are beautiful, they're lying.
    Sometimes the truth hurts, but pain makes us stronger.
    The echo chamber will tell you to ditch him but guess what?
    Every other guy will feel the same way. They just lie better.
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:

I respectfully disagree. Did you go to her profile and view her body picture? She is not fat at AAAALLLLLL. Her boyfriend is a ****.
  • 4cstadler
    4cstadler Posts: 9
    Options
    Obviously he is looking at the outside of you and not what is on the inside. Individuals who look for that "trophy" individual is really unhappy about themselves because they need someone perfect. Weight loss journey should be about you. You don't lose weight for someone else. It is clear his explanation is just the surface of something much deeper in which he can not confront about himself. You deserve to be with someone who makes you happy and accepts you for you, no matter where you are in your journey. Good Luck.
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    I was in a relationship when I was about 19 and my ex told me every single day for 2 years if I gained 5 pounds he would cheat and leave. I was 115lbs. After about 6 months, he turned physically abusive as well as emotionally. I'm glad he cheated and broke it off because I got to be me again. I got to love myself again. You need to evaluate the *kitten* out of your relationship and make sure you're happy with yourself before you move to him and let him belittle you.
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Having you at your best means loving you at your worst.
    What a turd burglar, I hope you told him how hurtful his comment was :frown:
  • Graeh
    Graeh Posts: 8
    Options
    I hope he's now your ex boyfriend. What a mean thing to say to someone!

^ This!
  • mistymamas
    mistymamas Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up sweetie, you have a beautiful body right now, as it is! And I am serious!!!!!
  • meljofield
    meljofield Posts: 79
    Options
    Been on my weight-loss journey since May 25th. Almost 2 months in I am bout 6lbs lighter, the difference in inches is minimal and it's hardly noticeable. My boyfriend and I are living 5000 miles away and I am moving back to where he lives at the end of september. My goal was to be down 15-20lbs by September 25th. So about 5 lbs a month. Not too crazy of a goal huh?

Well the BF was here at the beginning of July for 10 days. We were just on the phone and he goes "You have great features, and while I don't find myself attracted to you because of your weight, I do see potential in you and when I see old pictures of you and where you have been, I see that you can be smaller than you are"

I am sorry, but WHAT THE EFF!! I was 17 in those pictures, and while yes I may be a few pounds on the heavy side (I am about 145lbs, ex swimmer so my legs are all muscle, and I carry my weight well.) I am busting a$s, and have been frustrated with my current plateau, but not stressing it too much.

I'm just very upset at the moment. I work out 4-5 days a week, eat relatively healthy (the main change I have done in my diet is to cut out sugary drinks. All I drink is water, green tea and black coffee and also cut down on portion sizes) so I am hoping giving it some more time and upping the intensity of my workouts, I'll bust through this plateau.. but at the same time, what if I'm not able to lose the weight? I don't want to be with someone that no longer finds me attractive because he saw old pictures of me and now "realizes" how "hot" I can be compared to what I look like now.

Sorry it's so long.

MOTHER F*CKER! You deserve someone who loves you for WHO YOU ARE, not what you could be. You seem awesome and gorgeous! Screw that fuzz......

I second this response.
  • Cookie_Monster_69
    Options
    Tell Him you thought u liked him till u got thinking he has a small PEE PEE. after seeing someone elses he'll start crying HA HA HA!
  • curvyvegan
    curvyvegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Most guys would never do that. Use this as a way to set goals and strive for your own ideal.
    Optimal body fat for a lady is around 20%, and as for weight, just fit yourself in the BMI range.

Oh wow...I completely disagree with this! My husband is not lying when he tells me that I'm beautiful and sexy...I am. ;) There is so much more to beauty than body fat percentage.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options

ha! I tell my hubby to shutup and that he's lying all the time! and he never does, so what is that all about? hmmm. Is he still lying? what a load of crap!

His wife must be super confident in herself. :noway:
    Beauty is relative to the person. Most don't start dating the' fat' person because they weren't attracted to them. I swear, this guy must have a brain injury.
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    That kinda sucks, because he should be the one to support you the most. We are kinda in the same boat. I decided to try to lose the weight for my health and my happiness. I also want to lose the weight to make my boyfriend proud of me, even though he loves me either way. I weighed 224 on May 27th, now I weigh 207. My BF lives about 400 miles away from me and we see each other maybe every five to six months (I work a lot). We text and send picture messages and he tells me every day that he is so proud of me. I too plan to go live with him as soon as financially possible. I guarantee, if your man showed a little bit more support, the weight will be dropping so fast. You should talk to him about how it makes you feel. Because you deserve the support.