Replies

• indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    @ Marvincolon & tammyj83 - Thank you.
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    My husband has...for over 4 1/2 years. No cuddling, either. So yeah, I guess there are always exceptions.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I think ultimately both men and women turn it down at different times for different reasons.

But if the lack of sex is prolonged it indicates something unhealthy about your relationship.

Or your health... hormone loss and other factors in men can = no desire. Regardless, both should be addressed and fixes asap!
  • Darrell916
    Darrell916 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Never turn it down, even give it a try if I am sick. If I pass out that is the best reason to pass out while sick
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    hmmm
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    It's pretty unheard of. I would be devastated to be shut down by a man, I don't take rejection well.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Are you getting the answers that you "want" by asking this 3 or 4 times?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Obviously not.

Next question will be "Guys, how important is sex to you?!"
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

For the record, I would never turn down a chance to pet your Bully!!
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Sex drive varies from one guy to the next so of course some don't want sex constantly or every day. In my experience, I don't initiate as often as my husband would like so he doesn't turn it down. Ever. Which is good because it would hurt my feelings if he did.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Hah, no. My man never turns me down. He does find it unfair though, that I've turned him down, yet he never turns me down. What can I say? I'm hard to resist :wink:
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I know of only 1 time I've ever really "turned it down" and that was the night before an 18 mile run leading up to my first marathon. I felt really bad later. My wife and I haven't always had a "great" sex life and it came like a day or two after a conversation about her never initiating. Then when she actually did I looked at her and said "are you serious?" She knew that I had a massive run in the morning and I had just eaten a heavy meal to stock up and such. I felt like it was an attempt knowing full well I would say no so that she could act all wounded and such and make me a villian.

WOW, I didn't expect to get into all that, but it is the only time I remember saying no to sex.
  • CourtneyB610
    CourtneyB610 Posts: 384
    Options
    I do agree as well that it varies from guy to guy. Not every guy is the same. Although, I do have to say that my husband never turns me down, normally he initiates it, so he doesn't even have a chance to turn me down lol. The only thing he asks me to is initiate it more. But in all honesty, if you guys are in your 20's and it has been weeks and he keeps making excuses.. I couldn't help but wonder at all. You're at your prime, and should be going all out at this time in your life, at least I think. If you haven't already, I'd try to talk to him about it. Even if you are scared at what he may say, I think it's better to hear the truth whether it's positive or negative, because sitting around wondering and having that on your mind can't be doing you any justice. Good luck! :)
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    Are you getting any better answers by posting your rephrased question multiple times? The same answer keeps coming back to you. Talk to him, if it can't be worked out, it is time to move on. There is obviously an issue between you two, figure out if it can be fixed or find something better.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    yes...but that's because I made him mad . He accused me of using it as a weapon...

Guilty as charged.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I read these threads and feel like I'm living in some alternate universe (posted after reading the first few pages about women being turned down).

If I'm not the one initiating and she says jump, I ask how high...
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has turned me down before.. but either bc A) tired after work or B) he is mad at me.

If its A I just keep pushing until he's... excited... lol

He usually always initiates it, he "can't keep his hands off me" which I love, and sometimes not. I turn him down more often then he turns me down and his response is always "when we are 60 and I'm old with no sex drive.... your going to regret all the hard-ons you missed" hahahahahah :laugh:

Eh its all about if I'm in the mood or not I guess. Same with guys
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    I'm actually very lucky, we are about 60/40 initiating in our relationship. We have been together now for 15 years, and we have 4 kids and still have a great and frequent sex life. There have been times I have turned her down, just like there have been times she has turned me down. In my case, since sex isn't an issue for us, the turndown is never a big deal.

Generally speaking if a guy is frequently turning down his lady, there is a much deeper issue going on in the relationship or with the guy....
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Gotta be a bit more reason to it. Is he unhappy about???? Maybe the sex? Maybe work? Maybe his big toe is bothering him?
    Talk to him, don't judge what he has to say. You'll know if he's full of it.