I hate the gym... (rantish)

Options
1235»

Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    MikeDaMotivator Posts: 1,144
    Options
    why are you paying so much attention to other people at the gym? get in, get you some and gtfo.

This is my slogan too!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    MikeDaMotivator Posts: 1,144
    Options
    I love those girls. I look at them and smile because if they're here working out and I'm there working out then I *know* this is what works!

And tbh, if they're not struggling to lift their weights and run fast and not sweating, who's getting the better workout? Hmm?

Bingo! Sweat just means that you drink more water.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't pay attention to what goes on in the gym. My gym is really nice overall and no one comes to BS from what I have seen so far. Then again I may be stuck on my iPod playing songs full blown.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love those girls. I look at them and smile because if they're here working out and I'm there working out then I *know* this is what works!

And tbh, if they're not struggling to lift their weights and run fast and not sweating, who's getting the better workout? Hmm?

Bingo! Sweat just means that you drink more water.

It's partially genetic too.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    In all fairness, without sounding slimey, your what I would consider a hottie, so despite the stich after 10 minutes and gallons of water, those sly stares are probly of envy because they havnt got the confidence to go full throttle like yourself, so chin up, dont waste a smiles on worries about people who are there to be there, your there, doing the biz and looking rather nice ;-)

Thanks, could you come with me to the gym and keep telling me that? XD

deffinitly, and If those people are there, I shall give them the evils? :-P

Hmm, I think you 2 should meet up!!:wink:

Ha ha agreed XD

haha I like your input, we so are now, this is official, ive got a job to do for this young lady, Im her official motivator, I will personally sing to you the Rocky IV soundtrack as you go full pelt on that treadmill :) and I promise not to give evils but if I do catch an sly stare for even a milli second I will de motivate them somehow (trip them up or something shhh it wasnt me ;)

You'll sing the Rocky IV tune??? If you can sing the final countdown your getting promoted to motivational singing coach.

Well.. If you REALLY need to demotivate them then at least wait until they are off the treadmill first, but I would rather have no sabotaging my fellow gum members here.
  • dunnweb
    dunnweb Posts: 49
    Options
    so...all i got from this is you're wasting your gym membership because you don't lift weights.

And all I got from this is that you're a dolt.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    In all fairness, without sounding slimey, your what I would consider a hottie, so despite the stich after 10 minutes and gallons of water, those sly stares are probly of envy because they havnt got the confidence to go full throttle like yourself, so chin up, dont waste a smiles on worries about people who are there to be there, your there, doing the biz and looking rather nice ;-)

Thanks, could you come with me to the gym and keep telling me that? XD

deffinitly, and If those people are there, I shall give them the evils? :-P

Hmm, I think you 2 should meet up!!:wink:

Ha ha agreed XD

haha I like your input, we so are now, this is official, ive got a job to do for this young lady, Im her official motivator, I will personally sing to you the Rocky IV soundtrack as you go full pelt on that treadmill :) and I promise not to give evils but if I do catch an sly stare for even a milli second I will de motivate them somehow (trip them up or something shhh it wasnt me ;)

You'll sing the Rocky IV tune??? If you can sing the final countdown your getting promoted to motivational singing coach.

Well.. If you REALLY need to demotivate them then at least wait until they are off the treadmill first, but I would rather have no sabotaging my fellow gum members here.

DU DU DUUUU DUUUUHM DU DU DU DUUUUH. (Ill even hum the music, thats how much I want to work for you :P n'aaaw fair enough, I swear I wont hurt them, how very kind of you to your fellow gym members they probly idolise you without knowing it, Im awful at singing btw, but good at compliments, Ill stick to those if you dont mind :)
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    so...all i got from this is you're wasting your gym membership because you don't lift weights.

And all I got from this is that you're a dolt.

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Loozin
    Loozin Posts: 91
    Options
    So do you hate yourself too?
    You look like a goddess yourself...
  • italiankrystal26
    Options

I lift weights at home with my set, which aren't barbie weights. I use the gym for cardio and resistance machines, plus my membership is mainly used on swimming, I and many others would not believe that to be a waste.

Not to mention you've successfully lost 44lbs! There is proof you're not wasting your membership...haha Good job! Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    There are a few "goddess" type girls at the gym I go to who actually stare at me as I'm lifting and doing my cardio and sweating like a sow. I thought this one girl was going to get whiplash when she watched me walk by. LOL! Sure they look all perfect and aren't sweating an ounce but that's because they're not working hard and yes they look good now but it WILL catch up with them.

Just keep doing what you're doing and keep them as your inspiration.

(I will admit that I am one of "those" girls who wears the tight shorts and tops but it's more comfortable for me to workout in. I can't stand loose fitting clothes when I work out. And I have a kickin' body and when I'm feeling good about myself I want people to see it too.)
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    They are the girls I usually get annoyed with that talk on their phones while working out. When I'm working out the last thing I want to do is talk. I usually have on make-up because I go there after work. I keep to myself and the only time I really notice people is if they are next to me and forgot to put on deodorant.