Anyone doing No Carbs diet?

Options
12346»

Replies

• LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    vegetable carbs (as opposed to grain carbs) have a high content of fiber and are very good for you. Likewise, fresh fruits are needed for a health diet. Fruits are higher in carbs, but they are also high in fiber and the way the carb chains are configured in fruits are such that they are converted into a type of ATP that is quickly used in the body, not stored (as compare with the type of carb chains formed by grains, which lend themselves to storage in fat cells better) ** This is a simplified explanation I got from a bio-chemist. I got a full lesson, but I can't put everything down here! LOL!**

So, for me, going low-carb means that eating fresh fruit and vegetables, (of course I choose ones that are lower in carbs), lots of protein, healthy fats that include fish, olive and coconut oils. I also avoid milk. My doctor once pointed out to me that cows milk is designed for one purpose naturally, to help a calf quadruple their weight in the first year. We, as humans, don't need to do that and we have other alternatives to milk! That has always stuck with me!
  • thecapaccino
    thecapaccino Posts: 138
    Options
    WHY PROTEIN?
    Protein is required by the body for the growth, maintenance and repair of all cells.

Protein is a major component of all muscles, tissues and organs and is vital for practically every process that occurs within the body such as metabolism, digestion and the transportation of nutrients and oxygen in the blood.

It is also necessary for the production of antibodies, which fight against infection and illness, and is the main nutrient that keeps our hair shiny and healthy, our nails strong, our skin fresh and glowing and our bones strong and healthy.

.....and in other news....on...

Day 3 lost - 0,2kg /0 ,5 lbs
    Day 4 lost - 0,6kg / ,1,7 lbs
    Day 5 lost - 0,9kg / 2 lbs

total weight loss doing LOW carbs is almost 4.5lbs in 5 days...am soo happy!!!
  • sabusby
    sabusby Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Healthy weightloss is a pound a week :\
  • thecapaccino
    thecapaccino Posts: 138
    Options
    true...but i am following MFP...and not going extremely under my calorie intake...

after a time of this happy motivational boost...will gradually tone it down for things i can incorporate in my daily life