Dismayed overhearing comments............

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    I have never read something more judgemental. And I have to say that coming from a "certified personal trainer" I find it a little pathetic. Your job is to help people NOT belittle them!
    Subjective. But that's what this site is about.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Wendyerickson
    Wendyerickson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Everyone is on their individual journey toward health. I pay no attention to the comments of others because I know that their journey is not mine and vice versa. My grandmother lived to be 96 and she was 250lbs. She was never ill. My great grandmother was 200lbs and she died at 103. She was never ill. My father has been an athlete all of his life and never overweight. He is diabetic and at one point was insulin dependent. I am old enough to know that people have to find their own way and my thoughts about it do not matter. When people are ready they will make a change. When they are not ready, they will remain stagnant.

I soooo agree with you
  • Springer007
    Springer007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    So just a couple of things I noticed on my cruise was when we were eating, there were OBVIOUSLY quite a few people on there that were obese and very overweight, so while waiting in line, I heard more than a few times some of them saying "hands aren't tied on this cruise" or "diet is out the door". Of course my first thought was that based on their physical appearance, it doesn't seem that they had any reason to make the statement. Now that's ASSUMING they weren't dieting prior to the cruise, but in reality, they aren't the size they are because of eating normally (in general cases). And let me tell you that there were so many people eating like they were starving when their bodies didn't show that was the case.
    I believe you're there to enjoy a vacation, but there has to be a limit to how much you eat, just like in everyday life. I felt bad for one child who was only 12 (I estimated him to be about 185lb) and wanted to ride the Aquaduck ride with his dad (well over 350lbs), but together they were over the weight limit that was safe for 2 people to ride. So each had to go individually.
    More the reason that we as people should strive for a more reasonable weight limit so that we can enjoy life more.

IDEA Fitness member

I have never read something more judgemental. And I have to say that coming from a "certified personal trainer" I find it a little pathetic. Your job is to help people NOT belittle them!

Then it sounds like you need to read more.
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

This site is about judging people? I'm sorry, I was thinking this site was for motivation and support. Ever since I have started on this site, which has been almost a year I have seen posts from you that are absolutely horrible. You think you know EVERYTHING. The truth is I would never hire you as a trainer or even go to the gym you train at. You are the epitome of a horrible person.... belittling overweight people when your job AS A TRAINER is to help them. You are a sick man. I'm not clicking back on here so there is no need to even respond to this!
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This thread is awesome. Lets recap for the late commers:

It starts out with good intent and a simple observation made on a cruise ship about some obese people saying that they were putting their diet on hold. The misunderstanding comes in because these were not serious dieters or people looking for a change. By their descriptions from the OP, they were just regular old fat people who probably start new "diets" every week. We all know the type. The comedy is them saying that they were putting it on hold when obviously they had never seriously started it.
    All is going well, then about 8 to 10 posts in someone takes offense, sees their opportunity to jump all over this guy in make him into a "fat person hater" . Maybe they just needed a hug or something, but instead they choose to fire up the torches and come after the OP. Then the dam broke and every sensitive obese person in town got wind of the witch hunt, and came to share their sob story about how what they eat is no ones business but their own. and how they can be fat if they want to, and its not the OP's business.
    In a nut shell this thread seprates people into two groups. Those that know they have a problem and want to change and those that want to keep making yet more excuses to remain fat..

Lets get back to the action.....
    Thank you for the re-cap, this should be reposted at the top of each additional page, so that we don't have to read pages of comments to get current.
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that a fitness professional who found himself in a position to need to lose weight is so judgmental of others. You don't know any of those people, or any of their situations.

And if I'm not married to (or partnered with) them or parenting them, it's none of my damned business what anyone else is eating.

this!
  • Springer007
    Options
    I'm not clicking back on here so there is no need to even respond to this!

Winning!!!
    --Charlie Sheen
  • Springer007
    Options
    I find it interesting that a fitness professional who found himself in a position to need to lose weight is so judgmental of others. You don't know any of those people, or any of their situations.

And if I'm not married to (or partnered with) them or parenting them, it's none of my damned business what anyone else is eating.

this!

This is all fine and dandy, but with this attitude you probably should not be on a web site to lose weight where you keep a food journal that is built to be shared and get feed back on.
    Yes there is also the option to keep it all to yourself and do it on your own, but in that case dont try to come participate in discussion forums. You cant have it all.
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Everyone is on their individual journey toward health. I pay no attention to the comments of others because I know that their journey is not mine and vice versa. My grandmother lived to be 96 and she was 250lbs. She was never ill. My great grandmother was 200lbs and she died at 103. She was never ill. My father has been an athlete all of his life and never overweight. He is diabetic and at one point was insulin dependent. I am old enough to know that people have to find their own way and my thoughts about it do not matter. When people are ready they will make a change. When they are not ready, they will remain stagnant.

Amen. I wished people would stop judging others. ike my grandmother always says, "Sweep in front of your own doorstep". Everyone is not meant to be skinny/thin/whatever you want to call it. You can still be large and healthy point period blank Ugh some of these threads are so biased. I'd expect a lot more intelligence coming from someone who has all of these cetrifications and alphabet letters behind their name
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Well at least you post is not judgemental or belittleing. Pathetic indeed! Could you be more hypocritical??
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

This site is about judging people? I'm sorry, I was thinking this site was for motivation and support. Ever since I have started on this site, which has been almost a year I have seen posts from you that are absolutely horrible. You think you know EVERYTHING. The truth is I would never hire you as a trainer or even go to the gym you train at. You are the epitome of a horrible person.... belittling overweight people when your job AS A TRAINER is to help them. You are a sick man. I'm not clicking back on here so there is no need to even respond to this!
    Subjective in the way you took the original post. I have a large friends list because a large majority of them agree with how I do support and motivate on the site.
    Not to go off on a tangent, but not everyone is ever going to agree with my philosophy on how to lose weight. If you don't that's fine, but I'm not the "horrible" person you're trying to make me out to be.
    So again, your view of me is subjective.

IDEA Fitness member
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Subjective in the way you took the original post. I have a large friends list because a large majority of them agree with how I do support and motivate on the site.
    Not to go off on a tangent, but not everyone is ever going to agree with my philosophy on how to lose weight. If you don't that's fine, but I'm not the "horrible" person you're trying to make me out to be.
    So again, your view of me is subjective.

IDEA Fitness member

ninerbuff, you are right on. No where in the thread have you been anywhere even close to as mean as the post from this guy. ninerbuff's posts are most often thoughful and packed with good info. He doesn't attack people. *sigh*

Come on , people. This name calling is unnecessary. Just, wow.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Amen. I wished people would stop judging others. ike my grandmother always says, "Sweep in front of your own doorstep". Everyone is not meant to be skinny/thin/whatever you want to call it. You can still be large and healthy point period blank Ugh some of these threads are so biased. I'd expect a lot more intelligence coming from someone who has all of these cetrifications and alphabet letters behind their name
    I have lots of intelligence especially when it comes to teaching people on how to lose weight. Gorging oneself on a cruise isn't one of them.
    Very few large people are "healthy". Even NFL linemen have a high rate of heart disease and health maladies. I'm not stating this. This is verified by the NFL, CDC, AMA, and ADA.
    Weight is directly related to health issues. The more one weighs in contrast to one's frame, the higher the risk for health issues. This isn't new news.

IDEA Fitness member
This discussion has been closed.