guns or no guns?

Options

Replies

• ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Oh by the way, I don't sleep with a gun cocked under my pillow, life isn't a James Bond movie...
    [/quote]

I have 2 black labs for the SOB who comes in my home......and a remmy 870 if all else fails. BTW...it also doubles as a food provider for my family.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options

Sword Smith agreed,

To the blablabla person. The only person who's angry is you. You don't have worth a damn understanding of guns and the people who use them legally and lawfully. We gave you valid reason for having guns but you stubbornly insist we're are crazy because you don't understand. Far from it. Gunmen who legally own guns are probably the sanest and most laid back people here. I don't know why they have high powered rifles either but just because they do doesn't mean the owners are bad. Rarely have I seen people use them for hunting so they must be for the defense of the home. Nothing wrong with that.
    You don't want guns and don't want to learn about them that's your choice. Don't project on us because you do not understand and do not like. If we want guns, we are allowed to have them. There is nothing wrong with that or us. We're not hurting anyone, the only one's that are, are the ones who get guns illegally.

I am not angry. Not sure how you have read anything I have posted to be have been written in anger. I'm pretty certain I know my emotions better than you do.

You don't know what I know or don't know about guns. I used to have a gun, used to shoot pistols and rifles. My brother still has a gun, another family member was talented enough in shooting to represent his country in the Common Wealth Games...(just demonstrating here that I've grown up with guns, they aren't foreign to me).

Please point out where I have once called anyone "crazy"? Let alone "stubbornly insist" it.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm not upset that you're "pointing out [my] lack of knowledge about firearms" because I don't give a damn that I don't have knowledge of firearms. I don't have any reason to own a firearm. I don't hunt. I don't shoot. I'm not such a violent person that I'm going to kill somebody, even if they do break into my house. Because, as somebody else said, if they are breaking into my home, they're probably armed with a gun that's ready to shoot whereas I wouldn't sleep with a gun cocked under my pillow, which would immediately give me a disadvantage anyway.
    Are you of the mind that everybody who shoplifts or commits burglary should face the death penalty? That's a bit intense, in my opinion. We're not living in Babylon here.

If you don't "give a damn" then get off this forum and don't ever post on a firearm forum again, simple as that. I don't care if you don't give a damn, but when you go onto a forum that many others and myself are passionate about and you spew nonsense and ignorance we are going to get upset. Don't claim to know things when clearly you don't, because you obviously haven't taken the appropriate steps to educate yourself on the subject.

I feel bad for your family and your kids if you have them, you'd rather see them murdered because you're too scared to defend them and yourself, now that's just sad. It doesn't matter if someone is deserving of death or not when they enter my home, I don't know their intentions and I wouldn't take the risk of them hurting me or my family like you would. They knew damn well that what they were doing was wrong and that they shouldn't be doing it so it's their fault if they decide to walk into my home. That doesn't make me barbaric or a violent person, I'm the furthest thing from that, that makes me a smart person because I'm willing and able to stop further chaos in my home.

Oh by the way, I don't sleep with a gun cocked under my pillow, life isn't a James Bond movie...
    I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that this forum, with the original intent of simply seeing who was for guns, against guns, or neither, suddenly became the sole possession of firearm fans and anybody who doesn't agree is welcome.
    What nonsense am I spewing? That I feel that there is no need for a ton of weapons and no need for automatic weapons? That is my opinion. Opinions are not nonsense. If I was saying, for example, that guns are the main cause of murder, that would be nonsense. If I was saying, for example, that approximately 2/3 of all murders are committed using guns, that would be fact.
    I am 19 years old. I don't have kids. I still live with my parents when I'm not attending school. And my entire family doesn't care for guns. My grandfather once had a gun and almost shot my grandmother when he was trying to kill a bird. He no longer owns a gun. My uncle was in the Navy and served in Iraq in the Gulf War and finds no reason to have a weapon at home. I don't live in a bad neighborhood and I don't think that the benefits of a gun outweigh the negatives. If I lived in a bad neighborhood where there's a lot of crime, then I would probably want my father or my boyfriend to have a gun. But I don't, so I don't.
    Personally, if I'm going to kill somebody for breaking into my house, I would rather stab them. It's a lot more personal and, in my opinion, therefore a lot more difficult to do.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I think jaymek92 needs to understand the Castle Doctrine. It explains much about why someone entering your house can be confronted with deadly force, if necessary.

But alas, most likely will stick her fingers in here ear and go lalalalalalalalalala

And I do find it easy to understand her mindset when she is still living at home, with her parents providing food, housing ect at her age. She has no concept of the "real" world vs us who have to provide/protect our own families. You know...responsibilities.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I'm not upset that you're "pointing out [my] lack of knowledge about firearms" because I don't give a damn that I don't have knowledge of firearms. I don't have any reason to own a firearm. I don't hunt. I don't shoot. I'm not such a violent person that I'm going to kill somebody, even if they do break into my house. Because, as somebody else said, if they are breaking into my home, they're probably armed with a gun that's ready to shoot whereas I wouldn't sleep with a gun cocked under my pillow, which would immediately give me a disadvantage anyway.
    Are you of the mind that everybody who shoplifts or commits burglary should face the death penalty? That's a bit intense, in my opinion. We're not living in Babylon here.

If you don't "give a damn" then get off this forum and don't ever post on a firearm forum again, simple as that. I don't care if you don't give a damn, but when you go onto a forum that many others and myself are passionate about and you spew nonsense and ignorance we are going to get upset. Don't claim to know things when clearly you don't, because you obviously haven't taken the appropriate steps to educate yourself on the subject.

I feel bad for your family and your kids if you have them, you'd rather see them murdered because you're too scared to defend them and yourself, now that's just sad. It doesn't matter if someone is deserving of death or not when they enter my home, I don't know their intentions and I wouldn't take the risk of them hurting me or my family like you would. They knew damn well that what they were doing was wrong and that they shouldn't be doing it so it's their fault if they decide to walk into my home. That doesn't make me barbaric or a violent person, I'm the furthest thing from that, that makes me a smart person because I'm willing and able to stop further chaos in my home.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that this forum, with the original intent of simply seeing who was for guns, against guns, or neither, suddenly became the sole possession of firearm fans and anybody who doesn't agree is welcome.
    What nonsense am I spewing? That I feel that there is no need for a ton of weapons and no need for automatic weapons? That is my opinion. Opinions are not nonsense. If I was saying, for example, that guns are the main cause of murder, that would be nonsense. If I was saying, for example, that approximately 2/3 of all murders are committed using guns, that would be fact.
    I am 19 years old. I don't have kids. I still live with my parents when I'm not attending school. And my entire family doesn't care for guns. My grandfather once had a gun and almost shot my grandmother when he was trying to kill a bird. He no longer owns a gun. My uncle was in the Navy and served in Iraq in the Gulf War and finds no reason to have a weapon at home. I don't live in a bad neighborhood and I don't think that the benefits of a gun outweigh the negatives. If I lived in a bad neighborhood where there's a lot of crime, then I would probably want my father or my boyfriend to have a gun. But I don't, so I don't.
    Personally, if I'm going to kill somebody for breaking into my house, I would rather stab them. It's a lot more personal and, in my opinion, therefore a lot more difficult to do.

first off, if your grandfather almost shot his wife, well, he obviously wasn't following proper gun safety. you only shoot when you are certain where the round is going to go.

and you'd rather stab them?? wtf mate.
  • Sockimobi
    Options

Congrats, I was multitasking and didn't notice that I forgot the 'ing' in 'understanding', get the f*** over yourself. You clearly have no argument or capability of making a statement so you have to go into childish like behavior, that's just pathetic.

So you admit that you fail at multitasking? How the hell are you going to point and shoot at the same time...
  • jaymek92
    Options
    I think jaymek92 needs to understand the Castle Doctrine. It explains much about why someone entering your house can be confronted with deadly force, if necessary.

But alas, most likely will stick her fingers in here ear and go lalalalalalalalalala
    The Castle Doctrine? You mean the doctrine that, in my state, says that if I feel that I am threatened in any way, shape, or form, I'm allowed to kill whoever I feel is threatening me?
    As somebody who can be quite paranoid at times, I feel like I shouldn't be allowed to shoot to kill somebody who's freaking me out. I mean, I was about to stab some kitchen curtains because I thought somebody was trying to break into my house, so I don't think that I would be a good judge of somebody who's actually threatening to me versus just walking down the street some evening.
  • jaymek92
    Options
    first off, if your grandfather almost shot his wife, well, he obviously wasn't following proper gun safety. you only shoot when you are certain where the round is going to go.

She wasn't paying attention and walked in front of the gun as he fired.
    Yes, I'd rather stab them. I feel like if you don't have the balls to actually kill somebody with your hands, you shouldn't be allowed to kill somebody while hiding around the corner 400 meters away.
  • fiveohmike
    Options

The Castle Doctrine? You mean the doctrine that, in my state, says that if I feel that I am threatened in any way, shape, or form, I'm allowed to kill whoever I feel is threatening me?
    As somebody who can be quite paranoid at times, I feel like I shouldn't be allowed to shoot to kill somebody who's freaking me out. I mean, I was about to stab some kitchen curtains because I thought somebody was trying to break into my house, so I don't think that I would be a good judge of somebody who's actually threatening to me versus just walking down the street some evening.

Way to live your life being the perpetual victim.

Wait until you get an abusive boyfriend...you will rationalize it somehow that what they are doing is right because you are not a good judge of right and wrong.
  • fiveohmike
    Options

Yes, I'd rather stab them. I feel like if you don't have the balls to actually kill somebody with your hands, you shouldn't be allowed to kill somebody while hiding around the corner 400 meters away.

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

lol

it was still your grandfathers responsibility to ensure that his field of fire is clear. no excuses.
  • TheFitFireman
    TheFitFireman Posts: 185 Member
    Options

You say there's no need for 20+ weapons but you provide no reasoning behind that. You said there's no need for assault rifles, you didn't say fully automatic weapons, which you provided again no reasoning for that. Also, if you're grandfather nearly shot your grandmother then clearly he wasn't following gun safety and there's no one to blame for that but him. Your Grandmother shouldn't have been anywhere near the area if he was bird hunting and your Grandfather shouldn't of been aiming at something he didn't have the intent to kill. Goodluck bringing a knife to a gun fight, that would turn out well for you...

The point is that if you're going to state your opinion, which is welcomed, atleast have it be an educated opinion. You're just spewing hate for the sake of spewing hate, not because you have any backing behind your "substance".
  • Sockimobi
    Options

No way! I was gonna use that same meme with your faux pas regarding bombings in Northern Ireland / Ireland on page 1 of this love filled topic.

I concluded you were serious(ly ignorant).
  • TheFitFireman
    Options

Congrats, I was multitasking and didn't notice that I forgot the 'ing' in 'understanding', get the f*** over yourself. You clearly have no argument or capability of making a statement so you have to go into childish like behavior, that's just pathetic.

So you admit that you fail at multitasking? How the hell are you going to point and shoot at the same time...

I didn't see any form of admittance in my statement, I think you're becoming delusional. Are you okay?
  • FretheMJsmokingcannibal
    Options

Sword Smith agreed,

To the blablabla person. The only person who's angry is you. You don't have worth a damn understanding of guns and the people who use them legally and lawfully. We gave you valid reason for having guns but you stubbornly insist we're are crazy because you don't understand. Far from it. Gunmen who legally own guns are probably the sanest and most laid back people here. I don't know why they have high powered rifles either but just because they do doesn't mean the owners are bad. Rarely have I seen people use them for hunting so they must be for the defense of the home. Nothing wrong with that.
    You don't want guns and don't want to learn about them that's your choice. Don't project on us because you do not understand and do not like. If we want guns, we are allowed to have them. There is nothing wrong with that or us. We're not hurting anyone, the only one's that are, are the ones who get guns illegally.

I am not angry. Not sure how you have read anything I have posted to be have been written in anger. I'm pretty certain I know my emotions better than you do.

You don't know what I know or don't know about guns. I used to have a gun, used to shoot pistols and rifles. My brother still has a gun, another family member was talented enough in shooting to represent his country in the Common Wealth Games...(just demonstrating here that I've grown up with guns, they aren't foreign to me).

Please point out where I have once called anyone "crazy"? Let alone "stubbornly insist" it.

You're right you're not angry. I apologize for thinking so and for believing you were ignorant of guns.

The whole blablabla paragraph sure as heck seem to insist it.
  • TheFitFireman
    Options

HAHAHAHA so epic.

So now we are snipers and picking off burglars from down the street, I guess life is a James Bond movie. LOL
  • jaymek92
    Options

You say there's no need for 20+ weapons but you provide no reasoning behind that. You said there's no need for assault rifles, you didn't say fully automatic weapons, which you provided again no reasoning for that. Also, if you're grandfather nearly shot your grandmother then clearly he wasn't following gun safety and there's no one to blame for that but him. Your Grandmother shouldn't have been anywhere near the area if he was bird hunting and your Grandfather shouldn't of been aiming at something he didn't have the intent to kill. Goodluck bringing a knife to a gun fight, that would turn out well for you...

The point is that if you're going to state your opinion, which is welcomed, atleast have it be an educated opinion. You're just spewing hate for the sake of spewing hate, not because you have any backing behind your "substance".
    Please, enlighten me, what hate am I spewing? Guns are f*cking scary. They're loud. They can be used to accidentally kill a lot easier than most weapons. They are the weapons most frequently used in murders. The primary purpose is to kill, which I don't like.
    What, then, is the reasoning for needing assault rifles? So you can protect yourself or hunt, right? Well, why can't you do that with a handgun? What is the need for automatic weapons? So you can protect yourself or hunt, right? Again, why can't you do that with a handgun?
    My grandfather was not hunting, and if he was, why would my grandmother not be allowed in the area? There was a hawk or something like that that had been bothering them for awhile and he was out on the porch with his family when he saw it and decided to kill it. My grandmother is and was a huge ditz and not paying attention and walked across the porch, where he just so happened to be firing a gun.
  • Sockimobi
    Options

I didn't see any form of admittance in my statement, I think you're becoming delusional. Are you okay?

You admitted it. It's right there. You fail at multitasking, you're in denial. How are you going to point that gun, squeeze that trigger and be honest with yourself at the same time?

I hope your weapon is a water pistol / hose. Don't want you to shoot a nad off in error. That would be just awful.
  • jaymek92
    Options

Way to live your life being the perpetual victim.

Wait until you get an abusive boyfriend...you will rationalize it somehow that what they are doing is right because you are not a good judge of right and wrong.
    How am I living my life being a perpetual victim? Because I suffer from paranoia? Wow, way to go, making fun of people who have mental health issues.
    My boyfriend is great. He's never, ever abused me in any way, be it emotionally, sexually, or verbally. My ex, however, thought that sexual harassment was a good idea after we broke up, and I put an end to that right away. But I'm glad to see that you think that I'll get in a relationship with an abusive man.
    I never said I'm a bad judge of right and wrong. I am a good judge of right and wrong. But when I'm scared, I tend to think that people are after me, even if the person is my cat or the curtain blowing in the wind.
  • TheFitFireman
    Options
    Please, enlighten me, what hate am I spewing? Guns are f*cking scary. They're loud. They can be used to accidentally kill a lot easier than most weapons. They are the weapons most frequently used in murders. The primary purpose is to kill, which I don't like.
    What, then, is the reasoning for needing assault rifles? So you can protect yourself or hunt, right? Well, why can't you do that with a handgun? What is the need for automatic weapons? So you can protect yourself or hunt, right? Again, why can't you do that with a handgun?
    My grandfather was not hunting, and if he was, why would my grandmother not be allowed in the area? There was a hawk or something like that that had been bothering them for awhile and he was out on the porch with his family when he saw it and decided to kill it. My grandmother is and was a huge ditz and not paying attention and walked across the porch, where he just so happened to be firing a gun.

Have you ever fired a pistol?

Your earlier statements eluded to the belief that all assault rifles were fully automatic military like guns, which I wish they were but sadly they're not. Guns are scary, and they are loud, that's the point, they deserve respect. If you don't respect the gun then mistakes are made. Please tell me what kind of animals you're going to hunt with a pistol? LOL now that's hilarious. NOBODY hunts with a pistol, that isn't practical. "My grandmother is and was a huge ditz" that's why your Grandma shouldn't be allowed in the area if your Grandfather was hunting. You seem to have this Rambo vision of people with assault rifles just spraying left and right killing everything in sight; while it is quite hilarious, it's not even close to realistic.