Visualize This

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    I love power Yoga....its awesome...what is 30 Day Shread?? Im sure i can google it...think i will do that now...

Today I did a body Works class (250-300 Cal)...38 mins Elliptical (400 cals) and power yoga (300 cals)....and right now im eating a protein bar because I need it and also because I have to get up in the morning for Step Sculpt Class.....

Goodnight Everyone!!!

30 Day Shred is a video put out by Jillian Michaels. It's great! I think it's only $10-15 too

Becca- Good morning to you too! I am doing strength today too, the 30 day shred. Waiting for my daughter to stop talking my ear off so I can get to it lol. My kids only have school on Mon, Wed and Fri. They are in young fives and kindergarten, next year my son will go full time, that will be so strange for him to be gone all week! Anyway, I did notice a change in my skin, especially. Must be from drinking all that water. I haven't really noticed any other differences but then again last week kinda sucked for me.

Kim- Wow, working till midnight then again at 6 am!? My old job was like that, it can be really rough. Hopefully you can get rested up today!

I'm off to do my shred! :flowerforyou:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Hey all - Good morning! I haven't really noticed any obvious physical changes yet - clothes aren't really fitting any differently or anything like that. I do think I've got a little more energy than I used to, and my endurance is definitely higher even after just 3 weeks.

Last week I was good - I worked out every day but one; I don't think that's going to happen this week... I've got a big group assignment we're working on this week that's due next Monday, plus I've got a mid-term exam on Thursday I'm not ready for yet... I figure that I'll just watch what I eat, get the "accidental" exercise I can (parking in the back of the lot at work, etc.) and then I'll probably work out Thurs. night, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'll be sooooooo glad when school is over!! (Should be done in the spring.) That'll make it much easier to develop a disciplined exercise routine.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Jessica - 171.2 (2# loss)
    Anu - 217 (- 1 lb)
    Ian- 245 (+3lbs)
    Tiff - 216.5 (4.5# loss)
    Shannon 154 (-1 lb)
    Courtney 295.6 (-1 lb)
    Pam 203.8 (+.8 gain)
    Amy 196.5 (0 gain/loss)
    Marianne 159 (-2lbs)
    Kim 181 (+2 lb )

Gained 2, but am ok with that...too many variables in the beginning, water, muscle building and oh yeah the 3 birthdays this week....lol

Point is, I feel better. I was able to put some jeans on that I couldn't before. I am going to throw away my "fat" jeans as a continued committment to this new lifestyle. Does anyone else what to get rid of 1 piece of "comfort, fat" piece of clothing?

I also have two inspiration pieces (dresses) that I have hanging in my closet. My mom was telling me to get the bigger size and I said no. I bought the smaller ones and ohhh can you see all the bumps and folds. I am going to try them on in two weeks and see the difference. Right! Because, there will be a difference.

I was going to keep track of weights; but, who is doing it now? I forgot....so many postings

Good luck all,

Kim
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    I had intended to work out last night, but we are kidless til tonight and we celebrated our anniversary early. Didn't do anything too exciting, but did go to dinner and rented some movies. I fell asleep by about 9pm, which never happens. My kids don't usually go to bed until then. So, I got a lot of sleep last night instead - it was overdue and felt wonderful.

So, tonight will be busy. Get the kids, eat dinner of some sort, we need groceries, but I doubt that will happen tonight. I will do the elliptical after the girls go to bed. I need to take some pictures and scan/copy/pring a wedding pictures for my step-mom. We've only been married 4 years and she's just now getting these pics. Oh, well - I'm lazy what can I say.

But, I WILL workout tonight.

Courtney - I will be adding the shred back to my workout plan in a couple weeks. I love that dvd!! I will be buying her two other dvds soon. You can get them through her website for $15 for both. You sign up for 2 weeks of her thing online, but you can cancel that if you don't want it after two weeks. Anyway, that's my plan. Have fun with the shred!
  • Arienna
    I had intended to work out last night, but we are kidless til tonight and we celebrated our anniversary early. Didn't do anything too exciting, but did go to dinner and rented some movies. I fell asleep by about 9pm, which never happens. My kids don't usually go to bed until then. So, I got a lot of sleep last night instead - it was overdue and felt wonderful.

So, tonight will be busy. Get the kids, eat dinner of some sort, we need groceries, but I doubt that will happen tonight. I will do the elliptical after the girls go to bed. I need to take some pictures and scan/copy/pring a wedding pictures for my step-mom. We've only been married 4 years and she's just now getting these pics. Oh, well - I'm lazy what can I say.

But, I WILL workout tonight.

Courtney - I will be adding the shred back to my workout plan in a couple weeks. I love that dvd!! I will be buying her two other dvds soon. You can get them through her website for $15 for both. You sign up for 2 weeks of her thing online, but you can cancel that if you don't want it after two weeks. Anyway, that's my plan. Have fun with the shred!

Wow, that is definitely a workout! lol. I do have the trouble zones dvd of hers as well, I will work on that after the shred I think, to change things up a bit.

My kids are begging for mac and cheese for lunch so I found a healthier recipe for some..it's not the greatest but better than the box kind!

Once again, I use whole pasta and reduced fat margarine and cheeses so the nutrition info will come out a bit different.

Two-Cheese Ziti

Ingredients
    3 cups uncooked ziti or small tube pasta- I'm going to use whole grain pasta
    1 tablespoon butter- I use reduced fat margarine
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1-3/4 cups fat-free milk
    3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
    2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese- I use reduced fat

TOPPING:
    3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
    1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
    1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
    3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

Cook ziti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheeses until melted.

Drain ziti; add to sauce and stir to coat. Transfer to a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.

In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; stir in cheeses. Sprinkle over ziti. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through and topping is lightly browned. Yield: 5 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 340 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 590 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.

Kim- As soon as I am out of my current size ALL of them are going in the trash. I refuse to go back! I also have some dresses that I want to fit into that I haven't worn in YEARS. They will fit me at my goal weight! :drinker:

Tiff- What are you going to school for? Is it accounting? lol
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 185 Member
    Morning all!

I am starting to get back on the wagon today... I did my 30 minute Strength/Cardio workout on Wii Fit Plus this morning and am hoping it's warm this afternoon to do some jogging.

I hope all is well with you and yours!

-Ian :smile:
  • nisijam5
    Just an FYI...If anyone is keeping track...I was able to add body parts to the measurement section on MFP...Also, it's a good idea to add abdomen...ideally the abdomen should be less than 37" (this may only be for women).

I think it's a sign of increased risk for heart disease and diabetes,

Kim
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    Just an FYI...If anyone is keeping track...I was able to add body parts to the measurement section on MFP...Also, it's a good idea to add abdomen...ideally the abdomen should be less than 37" (this may only be for women).

Kim

How and where did you add body parts!?!?!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Courtney - Gee...how could you tell it's accounting?? :laugh:
    I'm going to school (full-time) to get dual MBA and MS in accounting degrees. I already work (full-time) in accounting and am going to be applying for my CPA license sometime in the next 6 months or so (possibly over winter break...depends on if I have time to finish the last requirement by then or not). Between work and school I feel like I don't have time to exercise as much as I want - I have good weeks and bad weeks, so i'm just doing what I can and trying to at least keep my eating consistent.

-Tiff
  • mamaturner

Kim

OK, so I found it, lol. I love that you can do that! So I don't know that we'll need spreadsheets unless we all compile... I also found where to measure the abdomen! Have a good day... it's gloomy, cold and overcast here :frown:
  • nisijam5
    Kim- As soon as I am out of my current size ALL of them are going in the trash. I refuse to go back! I also have some dresses that I want to fit into that I haven't worn in YEARS. They will fit me at my goal weight! :drinker:

I love it!!!! ALL IN THE TRASH

I have a so many clothes that are waiting for me too. My plan is to rid of one piece of clothing each week of my fat, unsexy clothing. Like old sweatshirts, sweats and jeans. I find that clothes shopping is a great motivator even if you don't buy anything.

I am excited and motivated this week. Usually, this is where I fall off the diet wagon. I am wearing those tight jeans as a reminder of not going back. Logging in each day and getting support is a huge motivator.

Thanks to all,

Kim
  • nisijam5

I think it's when you input the data initially...so, you would have to take everything out and put it back in and add new areas...so, basically, you would have to start over. Going back to it now, it won't let me.

Kim
  • Arienna
    Courtney - Gee...how could you tell it's accounting?? :laugh:
    I'm going to school (full-time) to get dual MBA and MS in accounting degrees. I already work (full-time) in accounting and am going to be applying for my CPA license sometime in the next 6 months or so (possibly over winter break...depends on if I have time to finish the last requirement by then or not). Between work and school I feel like I don't have time to exercise as much as I want - I have good weeks and bad weeks, so i'm just doing what I can and trying to at least keep my eating consistent.

-Tiff

Lol, yeah real hard to tell! :P :laugh: I am going for my associate's in accounting, I will eventually have my MBA hopefully..lol. I am going to school late in life since I had my kids my so early but better late than never! Accounting is supposed to be a good thing to be getting into now :drinker:
  • Arienna

I think it's when you input the data initially...so, you would have to take everything out and put it back in and add new areas...so, basically, you would have to start over. Going back to it now, it won't let me.

Kim

Wow, thanks for the tip! This would be so much easier!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    It was my intention to work out too last night, but then I got some major 'tude from my husband and I preferred to sulk with my tea.
    I did see my personal trainer today and we talked about the 13 pound gain. He really wants me to go for my hormonal blood work... He doesn't believe I was able to eat 25,000 excess calories... I think it's a combination of stress and hormones that is making me fat. My husband was out of the country for 2 weeks in September (all at once) and I had to manage by myself. Next week he leaves again, but this time for 3 weeks... OY! :sad:

So what's for Lunch today?
  • nisijam5
    It was my intention to work out too last night, but then I got some major 'tude from my husband and I preferred to sulk with my tea.
    I did see my personal trainer today and we talked about the 13 pound gain. He really wants me to go for my hormonal blood work... He doesn't believe I was able to eat 25,000 excess calories... I think it's a combination of stress and hormones that is making me fat. My husband was out of the country for 2 weeks in September (all at once) and I had to manage by myself. Next week he leaves again, but this time for 3 weeks... OY! :sad:

My husband was in the military during the earlier part of our marriage...we went a whole year without seeing each other. My daughter was born without him. I hope that you find incredible strength within yourself because you are basically the mainstay for your girls...lucky, you are able to stay home with them and give them that stability.

Distance causes great stress on a marriage...my husband sometimes felt like an outsider cause he was gone so much...I felt like he came and went and tried to run things while at home...when things ran really smooth without him...Just thought I would let you know that I understand the huge stress of feeling left alone...try to utilize your extended family if you have it

Lunch is healthy.....good idea to have your levels checked...also, ask them to check vitamin D, hgb, B levels as well as the hormonal levels

Good luck,

Kim
  • mamaturner

As I may not be going through whatyou are, I was on the other end so to speak. Growing up my father was on the road all the time. There's years in my life I have 1 if any memories with him in it. However my mom made it work, and because of it I am much more closer to my mom than my father. Then of course after he starte his first company both of them were gone ALL THE TIME. Now if I call to chat, very often they're in another state, they can be gone for weeks at a time going from place to place, but luckily for them they're kids are grown and they can enjoy this together. There is some anymosity (spelling?) towards actually both of my parents due to myself actually raising my brothers most of my life due to them always being gone, but I know it was because they were trying to support us (I guess, lol) Just try that your husband gets to spend some quality time with your girls...
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    Ugghh - lunch was taco bell. I will be hitting up the grocery store tonight and will restock my lunches. But, my kids and hubby will be gone tonight, so I can eat a bunch of celery if I want. I don't have to make dinner or worry about anyone else. I will likely not be hungry until much later though.

I have an accounting degree. Well, my undergrad is accounting. I have my MBA in general business. No desire to take the CPA at this point. If I happen to change jobs and it would be beneficial, I'll think about it. Right now I am just wanting to get a certification, just not sure which one. Either CIA (certified internal auditor) or CMA - just depends on which direction I'd like to commit to. I'd be a lifelong student if they paid me to do it. Good luck guys! Accounting is a great field, there are so many options on what you can do.
  • Arienna
    Ugghh - lunch was taco bell. I will be hitting up the grocery store tonight and will restock my lunches. But, my kids and hubby will be gone tonight, so I can eat a bunch of celery if I want. I don't have to make dinner or worry about anyone else. I will likely not be hungry until much later though.

I have an accounting degree. Well, my undergrad is accounting. I have my MBA in general business. No desire to take the CPA at this point. If I happen to change jobs and it would be beneficial, I'll think about it. Right now I am just wanting to get a certification, just not sure which one. Either CIA (certified internal auditor) or CMA - just depends on which direction I'd like to commit to. I'd be a lifelong student if they paid me to do it. Good luck guys! Accounting is a great field, there are so many options on what you can do.

Yeah, it actually took me a very long time to decide what degree to choose. The college I go to right now only offers a Bachelor's of Science in Business with a concentration in Accounting, that's not the same as an actual accounting degree is it? Not that I NEED to know these things this minute but I am a researchaholic! I research things to death..lol

I am hoping to reach my weight goals and get my Associate's Degree around the same time! Finally taking care of me now that my children are in school.
  • mamaturner
    I wish I had a degree in something more widespread like yall. I have my associates in Culinary Arts... and as it is extremely fun and exhilerating... it's very hard on your family life, which is why I'm working part time as a cashier... It's not even close to rewarding and makes me feel like I wasted 2 years of my life.. but within the next year hopefully I'll be back in my field. I really want to get my bachlors (wow I can't believe I can't spell that) in Nutrition.. but right now we just don't have the ability/money and there's no university real close that I can go to. I've also thought of getting my teaching degree so I could possibly teach Culinary where I went. But who knows!
This discussion has been closed.