Visualize This

Options

Replies

• rob_in_wisc
    Options
    Hi all.

Lost 1 pound this week. I am ok with that because I didn't eat the best a couple of days, but I worked out every day. I am down 7 pounds for the month of October.

I am now 18 days without a cigarette.

Have a great week everyone!!

Go Packers!!:happy:

Rob
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Nice job Kim!!! Willpower!! :drinker: I LOVED working in a nursing home! I did that for a few months, then it burned down and they never rebuilt :sad: But this is home health care, which will still be equally awesome!

My mom called and wants to pick me up in 15 min to take me to lunch for my Bday tomorrow..chinese food! I'm not sure what to get as the menu has no nutrition facts, but I think I will get chicken and broccoli or something to that effect..maybe chow mein? I just don't know! lol

Welcome Rob!!! Great to have more members in our group every day! Congrats on the weight loss and cigarette free days!! :drinker:
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone and Good Morning to your weekend!!!

Stay strong these next couple of days and lets see some good numbers on Monday! I kinda took a sneak-peak at my weight this morning and I am PLEASED to say the least!

Going for a 10K Run here in a minute!

See you all later!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what to get as the menu has no nutrition facts, but I think I will get chicken and broccoli or something to that effect..maybe chow mein? I just don't know! lol

Happy Birthday to you!!!
    Happy Birthday to you!!!
    Happy Birthday, Dear Courtneyyyyyy
    Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Thanks, you guys help me have will power!!!!! I put the scale away on Tuesday. I want to be surprised on Monday. I think it helps not to weight everyday. I was psycho about it!!!

Home Health Care is much better than a nursing home...only 1 patient at a time...you seem perfect for it and I bet that's why they selected you

Chicken or shrimp would be good choices....I have heard that you can ask them not to cook in oil or add extra salt...I don't know if that would work; but, you could try

So, I figured out my meals for the deal...going to face Jillian now...then, off to work and hopefully it will be a better night
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hi all.

Lost 1 pound this week. I am ok with that because I didn't eat the best a couple of days, but I worked out every day. I am down 7 pounds for the month of October.

I am now 18 days without a cigarette.
    Rob

Welcome, 7 lbs and no cigarettes....good job...stick with it....we're watching you ; )
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Stay strong these next couple of days and lets see some good numbers on Monday! I kinda took a sneak-peak at my weight this morning and I am PLEASED to say the least!

I agree, stay strong

Have a great run...how long does it take you to do 10K....sounds tortureous and brutal

Kim
  • nisijam5
    Options

I mixed all these up with this stick-mixer thing I have and it was a tangy, creamy sauce. I used all of what I made but it probably could have been split between 2 if you didn't want a lot of sauce on each serving. Here is the nutrition info:

I'm finding that I enjoy experimenting like this, especially when it turns out good!

I about died of laughter reading about the the stick-mixer thing....LOL...your going to be a food network star, keep experimenting
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options

I mixed all these up with this stick-mixer thing I have and it was a tangy, creamy sauce. I used all of what I made but it probably could have been split between 2 if you didn't want a lot of sauce on each serving. Here is the nutrition info:

I'm finding that I enjoy experimenting like this, especially when it turns out good!

I about died of laughter reading about the the stick-mixer thing....LOL...your going to be a food network star, keep experimenting

Haha - glad I made you laugh! To be more specific is is a "hand-held blender" but I didn't have the box out at the time and wasn't sure what the technical name was. It's a pretty handy little device!

---

So everyone inspired me with all this talk over the various workout DVDs and I went to the store a bought a couple of them. Although I do belog to a gym, I figure that on the nights I feel like I'm too busy to go to the gym (or I don't want to go for whatever reason) I can pop one of these in and do a 30 min or so workout.

I did 30 min. on the elliptical last night - wanted to go for 45, but my right calf started cramping up :grumble: Decided to call it a night at that point. Next time I'll have to make sure I stretch better before hand.

Ok - well it's almost 11 and I haven't had breakfast - I just got up about 30 min ago. DIdn't mean to sleep in that long but my bed was ohhhh so warm and comfy. I'm going to go scrounge up some breakfast and I guess I'll just have a later lunch and later dinner today. If I don't get 3 meals in it will be really hard to make 1200 calories.
  • ianconway
    Options

I agree, stay strong

Have a great run...how long does it take you to do 10K....sounds tortureous and brutal

Kim

Hey Kim,

I just got back. It took me 1 hour and 18 minutes to complete the 6.2 miles. This is the first time I have ever ran a distance of this length and I am happy I finished it!!! According to my IPod Touch and Nike+ App, I burned off 1,149 Calories!

Woo hoo!!!

-Ian
  • Arienna
    Options

I agree, stay strong

Kim

Hey Kim,

I just got back. It took me 1 hour and 18 minutes to complete the 6.2 miles. This is the first time I have ever ran a distance of this length and I am happy I finished it!!! According to my IPod Touch and Nike+ App, I burned off 1,149 Calories!

Woo hoo!!!

-Ian

Wow! That's awesome!! :drinker: Nice job!
  • Arienna
    Options
    I'm not sure what to get as the menu has no nutrition facts, but I think I will get chicken and broccoli or something to that effect..maybe chow mein? I just don't know! lol

Happy Birthday to you!!!
    Happy Birthday to you!!!
    Happy Birthday, Dear Courtneyyyyyy
    Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Thanks, you guys help me have will power!!!!! I put the scale away on Tuesday. I want to be surprised on Monday. I think it helps not to weight everyday. I was psycho about it!!!

Home Health Care is much better than a nursing home...only 1 patient at a time...you seem perfect for it and I bet that's why they selected you

Chicken or shrimp would be good choices....I have heard that you can ask them not to cook in oil or add extra salt...I don't know if that would work; but, you could try

So, I figured out my meals for the deal...going to face Jillian now...then, off to work and hopefully it will be a better night

Thanks Kim!! :heart: I am going to be 27 tomorrow :ohwell: Feels old! lol

Tiff - I learned the hard way about stretching a few months ago! They say only warm up with a few minutes of light cardio and light stretching before hand and get into deeper stretches after your workout when your muscles are warmed up!

I ended up with chicken and broccoli, I asked them to make it with light sauce and they don't add MSG to anything. I also gave away my crab ragoons and had white rice, not fried! I have no idea how many calories it was..

Also took my kids to the move, Astro Boy, they loved it!!!! I did have some popcorn there..I figured I could splurge a little today since I've been good and worked out and burned quite a few calories this morning and will probably do a leslie sansone video later!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    That's faboulous...enjoy your night

I am off to work, I am packing a Dole Southwestern salad mix which I am now addicited to....I'm gonna throw some grilled chicken in there...for a snack later, a vita-muffin and strawberries...I love vita-muffins

Bye all,

I'll check in tomorrow
  • Arienna
    Options

I am off to work, I am packing a Dole Southwestern salad mix which I am now addicited to....I'm gonna throw some grilled chicken in there...for a snack later, a vita-muffin and strawberries...I love vita-muffins

Bye all,

I'll check in tomorrow

I'll have to give those vita-muffins a try! Have a great night at work (if possible)!
  • ianconway
    Options
    Glad I burnt a ton of calories today. We're heading to a birthday party at a Tapas Bar and based on their menu, I have NO CLUE on what I am going to get. I've never been there before so it's going to be an interesting experience.

They do have personal pizzas which you can build your own, so I am thinking that may be a somewhat good choice.

Who knows!!!

Grr!
    -Ian :noway: :explode:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options

Bye all,

I'll check in tomorrow

I'll have to give those vita-muffins a try! Have a great night at work (if possible)!

I picked up some vita-muffin tops from frozen food section today - Deep Chocolate flavor, 100 cal each, has fiber and protein. Tried one and it was delicious!!

I'm really excited about dinner tonight. I'm going to try cooking a spaghetti squash for the 1st time. I'm having it with turkey and mushroom spaghetti sauce, along with a yummy salad. I'm proud of myself - I went grocery shopping and stuck to what was on my list. Bought healthy foods for meals. Hopefully it'll last about 2 weeks, other than having to get some new veggies and fruit next weekend. I always thought that buying healthy food would be super expensive, but I've found the opposite - before I'd spend $175 stocking up on groceries, but now I'd estimate I'm only spending about $100 on the same time-period's worth of food. All that fruit and veggies really aren't expensive as long as you're not buying all organic.

Oh, and I even got a work-out afterwards when I had to make 4 trips up and down to my 3rd floor apartment to get all the groceries inside!
  • Arienna
    Options
    I spend less now too! I normally would buy about $80-90/week in groceries. Now I spend like $50-60! I love it! :heart:
  • jtorres81
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Graduate May 2010 and I will like to lose the weight before then. I just need directions and most of all motivation.

Today i made a delicious meal out of (1 cup) Beef Oven Roast and 1 cup of green giants broccoli and carrots with herbs & garlic and it was delcious. If i'm not mistaken It totaled 400 calories and very filling.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    You know what I noticed...my trips to the store are cheaper & faster cause I don't go down each aisle like before...I am not going near the cookies, chips, pop or processed foods...IN and OUT...it's fresh, frozen, meat and out the door

Plus, we are not eating out as much cause it's soooo hard to not get tripped up...saving money there too...means that I am eating everything in the house so that it doesn't get spoiled.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    I just finished my dinner... soooooo good! I've always been a little weary of squash, but the spaghetti squash was WONDERFUL! It really filled me up too. I've got tons leftover for meals over the next few days (Probably 3 or 4 full meals worth) - yay! This was a great substitution for pasta, and so much lower in calories/fat, etc. Only problem now is that it filled me up so much - Will probably have to have a snack in a little bit once my food has settled so that I'll reach 1200 cal for the day.
  • ianconway
    Options
    Glad I burnt a ton of calories today. We're heading to a birthday party at a Tapas Bar and based on their menu, I have NO CLUE on what I am going to get. I've never been there before so it's going to be an interesting experience.

They do have personal pizzas which you can build your own, so I am thinking that may be a somewhat good choice.

Who knows!!!

Grr!
    -Ian :noway: :explode:

Alright. Crisis adverted.

Went out tonight and had a Green Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette on the side with a small Mahi Mahi Steak and a couple of Pita Chips with about 2 tablespoons of fresh hummus with about 10 grapes for dessert! I would guesstimate about 450 calories. Not too bad for a night out!

One more day until weigh-in! You guys stay focused and keep on pushing it! We'll get there!

-Ian