Unintended consequences?

Options

Replies

• iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Haven't expirenced the coldness yet. However, like the rest of you I wear shorts all year round. We'll see what happens this winter.

I have given my wife a bunch of shirts that I got too fat to wear. I'm now starting to take some of them back.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I can wear heels now! :bigsmile:
    I don't very often, but if I want to they aren't miserable. :bigsmile:
    That's new for me - along with the twirling rings, annoying bra issues, & sagging wetsuit! :bigsmile:
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I've noticed a lot more surfaces are refelective then I thought. :laugh:
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I agree with the always cold thing. I had heard people say it before, but I didn't believe them. Well I have been freezing the last week or so and it is driving me nuts! And none of my warm clothes fit anymore so I have to hit the stores again :happy:

Another unexpected side effect is I am loosing hair. For me it could be related to my thyroid, but it can also be a result of decreased calorie intake. Now I am being much more careful on my protien and iron intake.
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Unintended consequences?

<I really wrestled whether to put this here or Chit-chat,,,>

Hey, this is funny. I have a wierd "unintended consequence" of getting leaner.

I've been shaving my noggin for years. Started balding and greying pretty young, and I never had a nice head of hair anyways, so I just started shaving it. I'm pretty good at it, and it takes about a minute in the shower every morning. I (used to) rarely nick myself.

Well, when I was heavier I had a goodly layer of fat (adipose tissue?) under the scalp/over me skull. My scalp was a nice pillow, and shaving it was easy. Nice and squishy and round, no problem. I was about 35% bodyfat at the time.

Now I've lost close to 60 pounds, and my bodyfat is closer to 14%. My skin on my head fits my skull like saran wrap now. I don't look like the cryptkeeper yet, but it's close. I even had to buy a smaller motorcycle helmet .

Anywho, with my new thinner gourd, I'm cutting myself shaving. I have a spot in the back where there's a profound bump now that use'ta be buried in flab - and when I run the razor over it I get a nick! Happened a couple times now!

Wow - didn't see that coming... Anybody else have any wierd side effects?

Yes . . . my "unintended consequence" was reading your post. :smile:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    LOL
    Nothing spectacular.....just that my undies are too big/baggy and uncomfy
    I assumed I would have to buy new clothes but never thought I would have to get new underwear....
    :ohwell: :indifferent:
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    My jeans are getting baggier.(yay) But.... they now have a saggy diaper look to them which I think makes me look bigger. I can't afford to buy new clothes just yet. I think when I finally get to buy new pants people will be amazed! :happy:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    My jeans are getting baggier.(yay) But.... they now have a saggy diaper look to them which I think makes me look bigger. I can't afford to buy new clothes just yet. I think when I finally get to buy new pants people will be amazed! :happy:

:laugh: :laugh: One of my coworkers told me the other day that it looked like I have a diaper that needs to be changed in my pants... :laugh:

I need new clothes but I bought 3 new sizes already and don't want to do it again. I'm going to try to control shrink my stuff in the wash and see what happens :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I get the same thing around my knees when I shave my legs....didn't used to be much of a problem.:tongue:

I hate that my rings roll all around on my fingers now. I've had some of them forever and I can't get ALL of them resized. :ohwell:

I have the same problem. I can't wear my ring when I run anymore because it just falls off :ohwell: And its titanium, so no resizing it.

I had ordered a new wedding band after surgeries about 2 years ago because my fingers stayed swollen - well now, I have to use my original ring that was too small to hold the band on and it's even loose when my hands are cold.
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    :laugh: That's really funny! I noticed one day that I was uncomfortable in a pair of my work pants because they were too big. I used to be uncomfortable in them because they were too tight! :tongue:

Isn't that about the best feeling in the world???
    My clothes aren't comfortable because they are TOO BIG!!!
    Yeah!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    :laugh: That's really funny! I noticed one day that I was uncomfortable in a pair of my work pants because they were too big. I used to be uncomfortable in them because they were too tight! :tongue:

Isn't that about the best feeling in the world???
    My clothes aren't comfortable because they are TOO BIG!!!
    Yeah!

It's great isn't it. I realized yesterday that I was only unbuttoning my jeans out of habit - they actually slide right off now :laugh:
  • BMAJK
    BMAJK Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons I love my job is that I have to dress up. I really like buying quality clothes rather than quanity. One of my favorite places to shop is Banana Republic. Excellent quality, but you pay for it. The annoying consequence of learning to run over the past 7 months and completing 3 5km races is all of my $160 flippin' pants are too big!!!!
    I feel like a slob! I know I can get them tailored and I will but still-come on.
    I sure as heck didn't think even think about clothes fitting!

want to stress I'm not really complaining that I lost 20 pounds, its just annoying
    :wink: :laugh:

Have a great turkey weekend everyone!!:drinker:
  • BMAJK
    BMAJK Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    well have a great turkey weekend to everyone in Canada I should say.:laugh:
  • jellymedina
    Options
    i never got stretch marks when i was pregnant (i was HUGE by the way)

but now that im loosing weight, i'm getting them. :angry:
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    I don't want to offend anyone, but:
    Has it affected your libido?
    I don't know if it's my age or the weight loss.

It sure has affected mine! Feel like I'm back in my early 20's most of the time!

I told my doc that the Meridia he's got me on isn't decreasing my appetite - its just transferring it from appetite for food to appetite for sex. He laughed and said that was because my exercise:wink: is increasing my testosterone levels - not the Meridia. I told him he can think what he wants and I'll think what I want! :wink:
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Last night I had an ache right below my hip, where my thigh and hip connect. Rubbed my hand over and found a lump! I called hubby in to check it out and he started laughing.. Apparently, that's my lower hip bone LOL
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Last night I had an ache right below my hip, where my thigh and hip connect. Rubbed my hand over and found a lump! I called hubby in to check it out and he started laughing.. Apparently, that's my lower hip bone LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I agree with the always cold thing. I had heard people say it before, but I didn't believe them. Well I have been freezing the last week or so and it is driving me nuts! And none of my warm clothes fit anymore so I have to hit the stores again :happy:

Another unexpected side effect is I am loosing hair. For me it could be related to my thyroid, but it can also be a result of decreased calorie intake. Now I am being much more careful on my protien and iron intake.
    Okay the hair loss is not good!!! You need to see a doctor about that. Honestly, I'm worried about that.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I think I am the only person I know that feels warm most of the time now. I used to run about the same tempurature as everyone else. Now, I'm the person with the fan on when everyone else is wearing long sleeves or outside in short sleeves at 6a and not cold.:laugh: :ohwell:
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options

Okay the hair loss is not good!!! You need to see a doctor about that. Honestly, I'm worried about that.

Oh don't worry I just saw the dr last week. He told me to watch my iron and protein and hopefully the decrease in my thyroid meds will help too. Thanks for the concern though :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!