Unintended consequences?

Options

Replies

• JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of nice leather jackets that I can't wear anymore :grumble: I used to get one almost every year since I've always been bigger I always got big jackets... Now nothing fits at all. :ohwell:

I know it's a good thing for me as well, but there are some really nice jackets sitting there.

:laugh: I sold one of my old leather jackets to a friend for $20, not a lot but better than giving it away.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Holy resurrected threads Batman!

Another unintended consequence. The bottom point of my breastbone (sternum?) is now a pretty pronounced "outie". When I lean backward it pokes out in an interesting and mildly disturbing manner.

I do some sleeping on my belly, and that's about the only way I can fall asleep. So - "outie" sternum digs into our firm mattress for hours at a time, and now my chest is sore. Really irritated...

Maybe we need a nice soft mattress pad. Or I need to do more chest flies and build up the pecs for more cushion :happy:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    The "girls" have gotten BIGGER in proportion to my body. I've gone up a cup size and down a band.:grumble:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    The "girls" have gotten BIGGER in proportion to my body. I've gone up a cup size and down a band.:grumble:
    Yep. This one is happening to me.
    I keep having to do a double take in the mirror because the girls appear to be growing before my very eyes. :wink: Or, rather, the rest of me is shrinking.
    Good news is, I have a lot of bras in the right size (for now) from once before when I lost weight (the wrong way) & the same thing happened.
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I keep having to do a double take in the mirror because the girls appear to be growing before my very eyes. :wink: Or, rather, the rest of me is shrinking.
    Good news is, I have a lot of bras in the right size (for now) from once before when I lost weight (the wrong way) & the same thing happened.

I went down 2 band sizes and up 2 cup sizes the last time I was fitted :laugh:

Unfortunately I was never fitted properly before so any old smaller bras I have are not going to fit... ever :ohwell: At least they were cheep ones :laugh:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options

Unfortunately I was never fitted properly before so any old smaller bras I have are not going to fit... ever :ohwell: At least they were cheep ones :laugh:

:grumble: Mine keep going down cup sizes. :huh: Someone explain how this is fair?
  • bortass
    bortass Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    When I lost alot of weight i noticed that crunchees started to hurt my tail bone. I never realized i had that padding keeping it nice and happy. too bad that padding is back now :embarassed:
  • klybarger
    Options
    Not necessarily weight loss-related, but since eating better, my iron is up and I was able to donate blood! Very happy -
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    My girls keep getting smaller too :grumble: Like WAY smaller, and a smaller band. I can't fit in any of my clothes; I have to dress up for meetings and all my pants look huge and fall down so it looks like I have a long crotch. I don't have the money to get more :( plus I really like the style of my big pants. boohooo!!

Also, I can see my collarbone and feel it. I had forgotten I had one! :laugh:

And Casper, my sternum sticks out at the bottom if I suck in...it's so weird!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and people say "What's that?",,, Hehehe... I run around shirtless a lot, so it probably comes up more often for me.

I believe you guys should be free to do it too. A real equal rights supporter is your ol' pal Casper. A veritable Gloria Steinem. A modern day Buzy B. :laugh:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    :grumble: Mine keep going down cup sizes. :huh: Someone explain how this is fair?
    But do you have go to specially stores to buy your bras? I would love to be smaller so I could shop at stores at the mall. My last strapless cost me $75 because it was the only one that would support me.
    Everyone want what they can't have.:frown:
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    When I weighed close to 300 pounds I could wear short sleeves in the winter and still be warm. Now 100 pounds lighter I freeze my butt off. My husband makes fun of me because I have to bundle up like an eskimo when I am out side in the winter.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options

Its not fair at all I tell you. Mine are disapearing too:grumble:
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    But do you have go to specially stores to buy your bras? I would love to be smaller so I could shop at stores at the mall. My last strapless cost me $75 because it was the only one that would support me.
    Everyone want what they can't have.:frown:

The one I am currently wearing retailed at close to $200... Ok I am picky, but this is soooo comfortable and at least it was a hand me down so it was free:laugh: . If I walked into a store in the mall and asked for a G cup they would laugh at me... :laugh:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    The one I am currently wearing retailed at close to $200... Ok I am picky, but this is soooo comfortable and at least it was a hand me down so it was free:laugh: . If I walked into a store in the mall and asked for a G cup they would laugh at me... :laugh:
    I go to a little specialty store that goes up to L. It's getting hard to find them in my band and cup. I laugh when I go into Victoria Secret for undercrackers and they try to sell me a bra. "We go all the way to a DD in some styles" I haven't been a DD since JR high!
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I guess it's a good consequence but...

Since I've mostly cut fried foods out of my diet, I find that (on those rare occassions) when I DO eat something 'greasy', I'm on the toilet for hours and get terrible stomach cramps. My body has learned what it's like to function without eating fast food, and now does NOT want me to eat it at all!

Which is okay with me. I don't even miss it too much!

Sugar, on the other hand.... :p
  • katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    So about the new underwear thing ... anyone else get terrible wedgies because their britches are baggy? It happens especially when I am running. And since I often run on an indoor track that is crowded, I have to suffer through them. I wouldn't want to be the girl that constantly picks at her bottom. :embarassed:

I also have some chaffing issues when I run in certain undies. I have invested in several pairs of the boxer brief style. I didn't even know they made those for women.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I realized that when I run, where I use to hat fat puffy cheeks is skinny skin now and it bounces as I run (got to watch in the mirror as I ran on the treadmill)
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Although my arms are smaller, they jiggle a lot more. There is a bicep in there...you just have to feel around for it:laugh:
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I go to a little specialty store that goes up to L. It's getting hard to find them in my band and cup. I laugh when I go into Victoria Secret for undercrackers and they try to sell me a bra. "We go all the way to a DD in some styles" I haven't been a DD since JR high!

That is my ultimate goal- to walk into Vic Secret and by a bra that fits! At my largest I was at a G, I know I've lost a cup or so, but that's still only an E or F. Vicki doesn't carry those.:sad:

I'm with you on the pants not fitting. I almost lost a pair when I stood up during class the other day! Since I'm the teacher, that would've been BAD!! I have discovered some "skinny" pants that I think are going to have to become my everday pants now.

I got new shirts about 2 weeks before I started on here. They are all too big now.

I have also experienced the stomach cramps after eating greasy food. (If only eating sugar would have the same effect, maybe I could stop!:blushing: )

(I'm more an effect of this one, but you know) As an effect of my aunt losing 70+ on MFP, a LARGE portion of my family is now on here. DH, MIL, BIL, SIL, sister, her husband, cousin, her husband, and me. Geez, when we add up the total we've all lost so far using MFP, we've lost ME (at my STARTING weight!:noway:) And that's not including my sister's hubby's loss. Amazing.

If you had asked me a year ago whether I would fit into my pants from 7 years ago, I would have told you no way. But a short 3.5 months later, here I am! I know I worked hard, but I never would've done it without MFP. Too daunting. But this way, it's an addiction, getting those numbers to balance every day.

And the icing on the cake, my 5yo daughter now talks about whether a snack is a "healthy choice" or if she should have dessert because she had candy after school. We're trying to not make it about the numbers for her (because she's growing like a weed and needs the calories) but more about choosing healthy food and only eating because she's hungry, not because she's bored. I have seen a decided improvement in her choices. So that is another unintended consequence, and one I am thrilled to see!:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!