Unintended consequences?

Options

Replies

• Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Ya', ain't that fun! I've always been an insufferable flirt. In the past it was tolerated or just ignored by most women - but now some of them are starting to flirt back. Hmmm,,, :noway:

Well, I can see why! You're very handsome. It feels good, doesn't it? I've always been told that I was sssooo pretty...if only I would lose weight. Now that I've lost about 40 pounds, those same people seem jealous and are always trying to sabotage me. "Hey, there are donuts in the conference room. Come get some." AAARRR

Anyway, yeah, I have a few "afters" that I love. My rings are too big and I TOO have watch when I shave my legs, especially at my ankles. It feels good, though, when I shave my calfs and feel the hardness of my muscles instead of the flab of fat! Awesome!

Also, of all things, MY SHOES ARE TOO BIG! Yep. I've always had small feet but now my shoes are really too big! I went from a size 6.5-7 to a size 6! It's great but it kinda sucks. I have ALOT of shoes!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    This kind of off topic but have any of you started getting "You're skinny enough. You can have it." when you say you don't want to eat something bad for you?

Not yet. :grumble: But I have had someone tell me that I need to stop obsessing about food when I ordered a salad at lunch one day. I looked at them like they were crazy because I NEVER talk about food or what others order - I just go on my merry way eating things that are healthy for me. It was really strange and I have no idea where it came from...:ohwell:

I've had one of my guy friends tell me I need to eat a hamburger..:grumble: :noway:

I get that a lot now. "Oh look at you! You can have a piece of cake and ice cream!!!! No, not a small piece, come here and let me get you a REAL piece."

And I'm like...... I have lost over 50lbs and it wasn't by eating anything I wanted!!!! :grumble: :laugh:

I get that too. I've actually had coworkers get mad at me for not eating ice cream with the group.:noway:
  • BMAJK
    BMAJK Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This kind of off topic but have any of you started getting "You're skinny enough. You can have it." when you say you don't want to eat something bad for you?

Not yet. :grumble: But I have had someone tell me that I need to stop obsessing about food when I ordered a salad at lunch one day. I looked at them like they were crazy because I NEVER talk about food or what others order - I just go on my merry way eating things that are healthy for me. It was really strange and I have no idea where it came from...:ohwell:

I've had one of my guy friends tell me I need to eat a hamburger..:grumble: :noway:

I get that a lot now. "Oh look at you! You can have a piece of cake and ice cream!!!! No, not a small piece, come here and let me get you a REAL piece."

And I'm like...... I have lost over 50lbs and it wasn't by eating anything I wanted!!!! :grumble: :laugh:

they're just jealous!:flowerforyou:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    My wristwatch has an expandable band, and it got to the point where it was flopping around on my arm like a dead fish, so I went to my usual jewelry store and asked to take 1 link out of the band. The person that helped me said, "oh no, you need to get rid of two" so I agreed. My watch fits perfectly now.

I guess by the time I reach goal, I will have to have at least 2 more removed.
  • ceecee1977
    ceecee1977 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am surprised no one has posted this yet... but $$$$. DH and I are saving so much more money since we are not buying that much food or eating out. I still find it amazing how long a box a cereal will last when you are only eating 1 cup at a time! Taking control of and "budgeting" our eating has totally empowered us to take control and stick to our finance budgets also.
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    :laugh: That's really funny! I noticed one day that I was uncomfortable in a pair of my work pants because they were too big. I used to be uncomfortable in them because they were too tight! :tongue:

Isn't that about the best feeling in the world???
    My clothes aren't comfortable because they are TOO BIG!!!
    Yeah!

It's great isn't it. I realized yesterday that I was only unbuttoning my jeans out of habit - they actually slide right off now :laugh:

LOL!!! :laugh: :laugh: My husband depants me in a pair of my old jeans the other day without unbuttoning or unzipping them. After he did it he said they needed to come off because the @ss was too saggy. :blushing:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    We have three 19-20 year old guys living in the house. She and I are responsible more maybe 10% of the groceries either way... :smile:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    I came home from working in my aunt's pizza shop to change my shirt because I got some grease on it serving her greasy (but deliciously evil) pizza. I looked in the mirror and realized I was SWIMMING in the shirt. I bought it at my biggest size to fit "right" and it now is way too big on me. I kept having to pull it up so it wouldn't show off my bra and kept wondering why. I didn't put two and two together until I saw myself in a larger mirror. It's amusing because pants wise I'm in between sizes. My smaller sizes don't -quite- fit yet and my bigger sizes are too big and I have to keep pulling them up.

Same with my belts actually. I need an extra hole in my favorite one!
  • Mariettarose
    Options
    I don't know...if you think about eating healthier the grocery bill should go up. That's the bad part about this lifestyle. Eating healthy costs more than eating junk due to the fresh fruits and vegetables. If we were in Seattle the grocery bill would go way down due to the market and not having three extra mouths to feed. Maybe then they can feed themselves...LOL
  • Giggles27
    Giggles27 Posts: 139
    Options
    Ever since I lost the 50 lbs (2006) i am always COLD!!! I also even with eating vitamins noticed that more hair is falling out in the shower and also the rings falling off
    I had to buy new shoes...i didnt go down a size...some would just fall off...

The best thing about losing weight was seeing that Sexy collar bone...never knew I had one before....also loving my hands and fingers so much more
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Ever since I lost the 50 lbs (2006) i am always COLD!!! I also even with eating vitamins noticed that more hair is falling out in the shower and also the rings falling off
    I had to buy new shoes...i didnt go down a size...some would just fall off...

The best thing about losing weight was seeing that Sexy collar bone...never knew I had one before....also loving my hands and fingers so much more

I LOVE my collar bone now! I forgot how awesome it was :tongue:
  • LivinTheLife
    Options
    I enjoyed reading your stories everyone! Thanks for sharing!! :happy:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I came home from working in my aunt's pizza shop to change my shirt because I got some grease on it serving her greasy (but deliciously evil) pizza. I looked in the mirror and realized I was SWIMMING in the shirt. I bought it at my biggest size to fit "right" and it now is way too big on me. I kept having to pull it up so it wouldn't show off my bra and kept wondering why. I didn't put two and two together until I saw myself in a larger mirror. It's amusing because pants wise I'm in between sizes. My smaller sizes don't -quite- fit yet and my bigger sizes are too big and I have to keep pulling them up.

Same with my belts actually. I need an extra hole in my favorite one!

Isn't it fun?!?
    I just gave away a bunch of clothes that were too big to the women's shelter & only kept what really fits or will fit in another 10 pounds. The top I started to wear yesterday is much bigger than I thought. :blushing:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    It's starting to get pretty cold here so I got out my favorite leather jacket that I got last year....it's too big. :indifferent: It's a good thing...but it makes me sad 'cause I really love that jacket. On the upside, I can wear big sweaters under it now....:tongue:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I have a lot of nice leather jackets that I can't wear anymore :grumble: I used to get one almost every year since I've always been bigger I always got big jackets... Now nothing fits at all. :ohwell:

I know it's a good thing for me as well, but there are some really nice jackets sitting there.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    I have a lot of nice leather jackets that I can't wear anymore :grumble: I used to get one almost every year since I've always been bigger I always got big jackets... Now nothing fits at all. :ohwell:

I know it's a good thing for me as well, but there are some really nice jackets sitting there.

Craigslist them. Sell them and buy a new one!
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options

I totally feel you there... I bought a gorgeous wool coat last year and only wore it for maybe 3 months. My mom made me put it on the other night so she and my aunt could laugh at how big it was on me now! :laugh: I am trying to sell it on craigslist, but no takers yet.
  • ceecee1977
    ceecee1977 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We always eaten pretty healthy, just alot of it :smile: We live in AK so food cost are high anyways. Cheap fast food places have never been our downfall; it has always been going out 3 or more times a week for full course meals. Since we cut that out and only been cooking from home our costs have gone way down.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    My favourite winter coat looks like I am a chile wearing my mother's clothes. I bought a cheap coat because I know next year it won't fit either.

At least I am never getting sick of my wardrobe....it changes all the time
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The smaller my hips get, the more I realize how much I need a new bed. Ouch.

I was noticing that when we went camping last weekend-ouch!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!