Unintended consequences?

Options

Replies

• kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    Mine are about the same as everyone

- rings moving around (I can actually tell if I lose more weight by my rings - no need for a scale)
    - pants sagging (even the ones that fit me before my pregnancy are now too big) but I am not going shopping until I get to my goal (too expensive)
    - underwear are sagging in weird places and if I pull them up you can see them in the back (so I probably do need to spend money on his issue)
    - shoes are too big (bummer because some of them I really like)
    - definetly colder

Can't wait to see what is next.:smile:
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a few of the same.

- Libido - yes but I was attributing it to more energy from exercising.
    - Shoes are getting too big.
    - I am stepping on the hem on the bottom of my "lounge around the house" pants because my butt doesn't hold them up like they use to.
    - I even noticed the other day in the car that there is actually some space between me and the steering wheel. I kind of liked that one.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I love that seat belts are easier to fasten.
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a lot of these - rings too big, clothes too big lol.
    But the most annoying one is that my glasses are too loose. I never realised that they only stayed on well because my face was bigger. When i look down sometimes they actually fall off.
    Can't afford to replace them yet so i'm hoping it will be ok.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a lot of these - rings too big, clothes too big lol.
    But the most annoying one is that my glasses are too loose. I never realised that they only stayed on well because my face was bigger. When i look down sometimes they actually fall off.
    Can't afford to replace them yet so i'm hoping it will be ok.

Most eye doc offices will adjust your glasses for free. Just swing by and tell 'em you need a tune up and they'll get out the pliers and tweak 'em. :smile:
  • marci_r2010
    marci_r2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love reading these! I can't wait to be an "after." I have so, so far to go, but still chugging along.

I will say, though, that at 26 lbs down, even though I still have a ton to go, I, uh, have been flirted with a little? It's the weirdest thing! It's been so long since I haven't been invisible that it really catches me off guard. It feels weird typing this out, knowing that I am no where near where I want to be, but I honestly think my increasing self confidence is really starting to show. DH said that curves are starting to appear again, so maybe that's it too!

I love reading these posts.. thanks for sharing!

Marci
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    i never got stretch marks when i was pregnant (i was HUGE by the way)

but now that im loosing weight, i'm getting them. :angry:

I noticed that too - I think my "flubber" just had them filled them in:laugh:
    The wedgie's have got to stop!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend keeps a bald head..I love it!! But he uses a cream every few days. You can buy it at walmart. You put the cream on, wait 9 minutes and rub it off with a damp cloth. Keeps your head silky smooth! Just a suggestion ;)
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advise casper :flowerforyou: but i'm very wary of opticians adjusting my glasses after one idiot managed to snap off the arm of my favourite pair and then blamed it on me for getting them adjusted too often :grumble: - got to be comfortable right.
    My prescription needs to be changed soon anyway so i'll be alright.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I love reading these! I can't wait to be an "after." I have so, so far to go, but still chugging along.

I will say, though, that at 26 lbs down, even though I still have a ton to go, I, uh, have been flirted with a little? It's the weirdest thing! It's been so long since I haven't been invisible that it really catches me off guard. It feels weird typing this out, knowing that I am no where near where I want to be, but I honestly think my increasing self confidence is really starting to show. DH said that curves are starting to appear again, so maybe that's it too!

I love reading these posts.. thanks for sharing!

Marci

It's funny, my friends tell me that I'm getting flirted with but I don't believe them....if I notice it I either get really flustered or look at the guy like he's crazy. :noway: I still don't actually believe that they are flirting with me...:laugh:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Ya', ain't that fun! I've always been an insufferable flirt. In the past it was tolerated or just ignored by most women - but now some of them are starting to flirt back. Hmmm,,, :noway:
  • Kityngirl
    Options
    Ya', ain't that fun! I've always been an insufferable flirt. In the past it was tolerated or just ignored by most women - but now some of them are starting to flirt back. Hmmm,,, :noway:

I KNOW! I'm such a flirt and it never seemed to be an issue before but now I think they are starting to flirt back and it's throwing me off guard...:laugh: :laugh:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I'm cold all the time and my rings slip around my fingers. I don't want to get my rings resized yet because I have more to lose so I take them off when I am swimming.

My boobs are a lot smaller too:ohwell:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Sitting in the car, in the passenger seat, I always sit with my hips c0ck-eyed, left hip a little further back, right hip a little further forward, so my body faces the driver a little more.

The seat belt (lap belt portion) has started making my right hip sore. I realized it's because my hips bones are suddenly there and sticking through. There is no more extra padding!!
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    I always had pain in my leg when driving my husband's car (except of course for the test drive), couldn't seem to find a comforable position. Now, its not an issue.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    This kind of off topic but have any of you started getting "You're skinny enough. You can have it." when you say you don't want to eat something bad for you?
  • Kityngirl
    Options
    This kind of off topic but have any of you started getting "You're skinny enough. You can have it." when you say you don't want to eat something bad for you?

Not yet. :grumble: But I have had someone tell me that I need to stop obsessing about food when I ordered a salad at lunch one day. I looked at them like they were crazy because I NEVER talk about food or what others order - I just go on my merry way eating things that are healthy for me. It was really strange and I have no idea where it came from...:ohwell:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Mickey Mouse lounge pants that I can't wear anymore. When I first got them they fit snug, well the other day the phone was ringing and I ran to get it and the pants fell to the floor. My 10yr old thought that was the funniest thing. I loved them pants.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options

Not yet. :grumble: But I have had someone tell me that I need to stop obsessing about food when I ordered a salad at lunch one day. I looked at them like they were crazy because I NEVER talk about food or what others order - I just go on my merry way eating things that are healthy for me. It was really strange and I have no idea where it came from...:ohwell:

I've had one of my guy friends tell me I need to eat a hamburger..:grumble: :noway:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

I've had one of my guy friends tell me I need to eat a hamburger..:grumble: :noway:

I get that a lot now. "Oh look at you! You can have a piece of cake and ice cream!!!! No, not a small piece, come here and let me get you a REAL piece."

And I'm like...... I have lost over 50lbs and it wasn't by eating anything I wanted!!!! :grumble: :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!