Runners.......what BUGS you?

Options

Replies

• NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    haha..........SO many mishaps! I had NO idea.........now I'm scared :noway: :laugh:
  • rmillsaps04
    Options
    Not running specific:

I went on a midnight full moon hike up Grays/Torreys (it's what it sounds like: You start a hike at midnight under a full moon. On a clear night, no headlamp is necessary. It's really cool. Then you can sit at the summit at 14,000 feet and watch the sun rise). There was a large number of people going. About 2 hours in, I hear this low growling and see a group of people stopped on the trail. THEN the dog starts lunging at me. I stopped. The owner says "Oh, don't try to pass! She's really aggressive and will attack if she thinks you're a threat! You'll have to wait for us to start again."

Why. The. *kitten*. Would you bring an aggressive dog to a hike, in the dark, when this is a very public, high traffic mountain? WHY?

Crazy...who'd bring a dog like that! Hope nobody got hurt!
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    when I'm running on trails - it's the guys that are so cologned up walking to find their next john....it grosses me out.
    also when I see running gel packs strewn on the trail --- i don't like littering runners.
    goose-poop dodging is also not fun

and I HATE HATE HATE when someone comes from a side trail and you intersect...one of us has to either slow down or speed up and then maintain that horrid pace...it makes me want to turn around and run back.

when i'm running inside, it's the person next to me that keeps looking over at my settings. or who has clodhopping feet that pound on the treadmill so hard and I can still hear their feet with earphones/music on!
  • Bean615
    Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i havent really ran outside yet, but people next to me on the tradmill who have too much cologne/perfume on; people who are on the phone; people who stare at me while i am running; and people who try to out run me--lol. i guess alot BUGS me!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    The bugs don't bother me too much. It's the loose dogs that drive me NUTS!! I was attacked by 3 big dogs once and now I get extremely nervous whenever I see or hear dogs close to me. I want to start carrying mace around just for the dang dogs!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Pet owners who don't keep their animals on a leash! :|

YES!!! Especially when I have my dog with me (who is on a leash) and I have to stop and wait for them to grab their dog.
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I was going to say, when you go to the bathroom before your run and then when you're "x" miles away from home and absolutely HAVE to go to the bathroom and there's nowhere to go. Aaaaah. Hate it....
    A few years back on a 5am 10 miler, half way through I had a hawk make a "deposit" mid air that landed on my face...in my mouth. It was hot. I dropped to my knees heaving.

That's a taste you just cannot forget.

but holy fricking cow. You win. Gah haha
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    People smoking at races. I just about had an asthma attack when someone lit up RIGHT on the damn course during a marathon. Could you be any ruder?
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    excuse my rudeness for not reading through all of these, but I just wanted to make sure this was up here.

When 2 people just HAVE to be right next to each other forcing you off the path into the grass or the street. ONE OF YOU FALL BEHIND THE OTHER FOR A FRAKING SECOND!!!!

Aahahhaha omggg so true! It's even worse when it's just one person walking toward you and they take up the whole sidewalk. It's like, "I know you can see me coming! Move three inches to the left, man!" haha
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Oh man...the bicyclists on the sidewalk that nearly run me over when they have a bike lane on the street right next to it. Unless it's a little kid and parent, PLEASE DON'T! There is a lane for a reason! I don't want to get run over!

OH, or the "surprise" dog. You know, the one that was never there and then POOF, one day a dog rushes you at the fence in time to scare the crud out of you. I hate that!
  • askyles
    askyles Posts: 2
    Options
    Gnats in the teeth are never attractive! Does that count for a serving of protein?
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    THIS...I hate it...I want to run more however the pain!!!!!!
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    The guys from the basketball team who sit on the edge of the track to watch me run.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    dogs off the leash, definitely!!! I went running one day and a little dog ran away from his owner and right under my feet. I tripped, the dog yelped, and the owner was completely clueless. :mad:
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Road kill. I live in the country and there is so much roadkill. Yuck!!

me too, plus snakes that sneak out in front of you, and sucking down the bugs... Dogs running loose... since I live in the country everyone who see's me knows me and wants to visit or ask do you need a ride. Obviously I am purposly out walking/running LOL
  • jhohn96
    jhohn96 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I hate it when non-runners call it "jogging." No. We don't jog. We run.
  • brendddda
    brendddda Posts: 33
    Options
    People who honk or slow down and yell "Run Forrest, run!"

And pets, definitely. People can't keep their dogs in their yards.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I hate the dead bodies.

ever notice they're always runners that find the dead bodies?

thats why I dont run with other people. trust issues.
  • MoonGazer91
    MoonGazer91 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Snails and slugs littering the path.. avoiding them turns a run into a real GI joe assault course through tripwires.

The alternative does not bear thinking about.

This - almost every single time it's been raining and I happen to be running to work that day. Even just walking it can still be bad. I had that happen earlier today on the way to my other job - I walked out of the back garden and into the car park and suddenly heard/felt this loud CRUNCH!....there are no words to describe how much it creeps me out when that happens. Even worse for slugs though where it's just the most horrible SQUELCH! instead.

Seconding the owners not keeping their pets on their leashes. I'm really not a dog person so I don't appreciate being in the middle of the run and then almost tripping over their easily excitable dog.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I hate the dead bodies.

ever notice they're always runners that find the dead bodies?

thats why I dont run with other people. trust issues.

I noticed this the other day. No one freaking believed me!