Replies

• shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Teenage boys following me............ Seriously? I'm twice your age:huh:
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    When I run into a group of foxes unexpectedly. To this point they leave me alone, but I'm waiting for the morning that I get jumped.

(Side note: I've barred my kids from watching Dora the explorer for fear they may take the side of Swiper over Dad.)
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Teenage boys following me............ Seriously? I'm twice your age:huh:

Flattering though, right? Kudos to you.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It's all about timing for the long runs. I wish there were a website for runner friendly bathrooms and water fountains. There's an intersection by where I live with 2 gas stations. One won't let a runner use their bathroom, the other will. I now patron that gas station for gas as well, because really, how awesome is a bathroom at mile 10? Pretty friggin' awesome.

You said you run Bear Creek. You can also use the restroom on the golf course along the dam. However, you can't buy gas there ;)

I'm a new runner, and I prefer to run just as it's getting dark. I have no idea how people from mosquito-ridden states can tolerate running (or even worse, riding). I've choked down so many mosquitoes. If I try to breathe through my nose, I just inhale them into my sinuses. Either way, it's very distracting.
  • bakay138
    bakay138 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When hair around my face escapes my ponytail and tickles me for miles. That is usually when I realize the headband I meant to stick in my pocket is still sitting on the counter at home.
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago, a cicada just dropped from the sky and landed under my foot. 1. I HATE cicadas. 2. That thing crunched sooo loud. Gross!
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Cow **** and midgies in my eyes...and the dogs following me trying to taste my calves. Since i have my dog Layla with me who carries our water and is always on a leash they leave me alone.
    And when the farmers spray the fields with menure along my track :grumble:
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Pet owners who don't keep their animals on a leash! :|
    :(

I walk my dog off-leash frequently, but she heels like a champ and if I see a runner coming towards us I make her sit off to the side so they're not nervous.

Can we swap this to "Inconsiderate pet owners who don't keep their animals on a leash"?
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Almost getting run down by the garbage truck! I was running on the OTHER side of the road from it, when the driver decides to put it in reverse, come across the road diagonally and almost run me down. I was like "HELLO, RUNNING HERE!!!" I know the garbage men saw me, you think they could have yelled at the driver to stop. No instead they watch me almost get killed. Yeah I ran really fast that day :explode: Then I swear to GOD they were following me around the whole damn neighborhood. Everywhere I turned there they were. The garbage men were staring at me every time I looked at them!!

That's okay though, I got them back the next week when I was driving in my car and pretended to not see them picking up the garbage when I drove recklessly past the garbage truck :laugh: Assclowns.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    :(

I walk my dog off-leash frequently, but she heels like a champ and if I see a runner coming towards us I make her sit off to the side so they're not nervous.

Can we swap this to "Inconsiderate pet owners who don't keep their animals on a leash"?

the only problem is some random runner doesn't know that or expect it so it's still disruptive. I would never begrudge you walking your dog the way you desire though.
  • beckamarie
    beckamarie Posts: 23
    Options
    I get that cyclist need to share the path but when they scream at me to get out of their way I want to stick my foot in their spokes. I get it dude. I also always acknowledge with at least a finger wave everyone I see out on the path (as early as I am out, even just to say, Great Job!) But tops in my book is the number of car hoods I have to reach out and slap as they are rolling into me because they do not look up the sidewalk as they are pulling away from stop signs. They are only looking up the road and totally miss me 3 ft from their face... :) I own several forms of Road ID :)
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    The bugs don't bother me too much. It's the loose dogs that drive me NUTS!! I was attacked by 3 big dogs once and now I get extremely nervous whenever I see or hear dogs close to me. I want to start carrying mace around just for the dang dogs!

I do carry mace now (when I remember) - just clip it to my shorts. Makes me feel better about dogs, humans, etc.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    People who holler out their window. I hate that I don't know what they're saying because of my headphones. What if they're warning me about a bear chasing me or something? Do I have a booger? What up?
  • RiannonC
    RiannonC Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The worst is when you are completely zoned out listening to your music and a car drives up and waits to honk until they are RIGHT BESIDE you. I usually jump a foot and they are probably laughing at me.

A close second is the people who yell unintelligible things out their window.
  • taureanbeauty293
    taureanbeauty293 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Large family groups spread out over the track, completely oblivious to anyone around them.

^^This!!! Omg so irritating!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options

^^This X1000! I get pretty freaked when someones large dog comes at me. I HATE when the owner says "Oh, but they're so friendly. You don't have to be scared".

It also bugs me when I am running and people get in my way and knock me out of my stride. Stay on your side of the path and I will stay on mine!
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    GNATS! I went running the other day and must have looked completely dorky batting the swarms of gnats out of the way. I'm pretty sure I ate a couple. Blech.
  • ezramedic
    ezramedic Posts: 119
    Options
    GNATS! I went running the other day and must have looked completely dorky batting the swarms of gnats out of the way. I'm pretty sure I ate a couple. Blech.

Make sure you log those in your calories ;-) LOL!
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    People smoking at races. I just about had an asthma attack when someone lit up RIGHT on the damn course during a marathon. Could you be any ruder?
    Wooo.....that would put me into a tissy fit.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I had one go right into my mouth recently, EW

I have swallowed a few myself!