What do you eat when you crave chocolate?

Options

Replies

• grizzlyacnp
    grizzlyacnp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of the Pure Protein bars. They have some great chocolate and chocolate peanut butter flavored ones. Does the trick for me. You also get about 20-25 gm of protein eating one.
  • beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I add a serving of hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder to my oatmeal to curb my craving.

You can google Chocolate Covered Katie for healthy chocolate desserts.
  • McCoolMama
    McCoolMama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just made these tonight to satisfy a chocolate craving... http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/11/chocolate-chip-clouds.html. Sooooo good!!!
  • vickyangel35
    Options
    I love chocolate, but I know that it can come with a lot of unwanted calories. So every once in a while I enjoy a piece of the sugar free dark chocolate from hershey and since it has a rich flavor it satisfies my craving and I don't feel guilty. I never used to like dark chocolate, till I had to appreciate my allotted calories for the day.
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    I very rarely crave chocolate; usually means something is really bothering me (like, don't even crave it during TOM), so I usually indulge. I'm good with M&Ms or something and enjoy it.

Personally, if you have the will power and it's within your calorie count, have a piece every once in awhile. :)
  • SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I like dark chocolate covered almonds. I think they are Emerald brand? They aren't as healthy as a normal raw almond but for a sweet, filling treat that isn't awful for me, they work quite well! They also have a lot of other good flavors.
  • ChinaDollTKP
    ChinaDollTKP Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I make my own low carb, sugar free, dairy free chocolate with coconut oil....add in some Justins Hazelnut butter or peanut butter and u can conquor any craving!

2 tbsp coconut oil
    1-2 tbsp cocoa powder/unsweetened dark chocolate/or even carob powder Depending on your preference
    Sweetener of choice (i use truvia and have been successful with equal, splenda, and aga e)
    1 tbsp justins hazelnut butter or dark chocolate almond butter
    Optional add ins- cocoa nibs, chopped almonds, the possibilities are endless.

Mix everything together and put in any container (i use silicone shapes ice cube trays) pop in frjdge for 30ins or if you are impatient like me pop in freezer for less than 10 mins.

This recipe is sooo easy and really goes a long way, and makes me feel as if I am never deprived
  • skaimee
    skaimee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Pretzel rod dipped in a little bit of Nutella or Snackwells dark chocolate pretzels.
  • alsaxon
    alsaxon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When I crave chocolate I will eat......chocolate.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    Just have some chocolate. I find that when I try to substitute my cravings with other things, I just end up eating a bunch of substitutes. Then the calories add up to more than just satisfying the craving would've been.
  • rachelntoles
    Options
    I will usually fix me a mug cake i cut the portions though and don't use eggs or oil, just about 2 teaspoons sugar or half packet of stevia 1 teaspoon cocoa powder and enough skim milk to mix it together
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    speaking of chocolate someone brought into work today CHOCOLATE BROWNIE BRITTLE. i dont get tempted often. but if you look in my diary, i cracked.. and it was good. real good.
  • Nathanmmx
    Nathanmmx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have found Light chocolate mousse to enjoy, I have chocolate milk often with breakfast cereal and muesli bars with choc chips for lunch sometimes, so you dont have to avoid it totally :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. Dark chocolate is a great way to get your fix. It's healthier and usually lower calorie, especially if you get one that's not sweetened. Or even chocolate chips. 1 tbsp of unsweetened chocolate chips are only 60 calories. They're great frozen!
  • OmahaDad
    Options
    I eat a protein bar! I buy Met-Rx big 100 brownies, and eat those occasionally for dessert or when low on calories
  • CAS185
    CAS185 Posts: 20
    Options
    I eat chocolate. The really dark stuff, 72% or 86%. You need less of it to cure the craving and it is better for you anyway.
  • JillianMarieSoto
    JillianMarieSoto Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate has positive benefits... IN MODERATION!! Cacao nibs are also pretty delicious and beneficial.
  • JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Fruit

Not to be rude but if you ever find a fruit that can cure a chocolate craving please let me know!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I eat a Hershey bar.