What do you eat when you crave chocolate?

Options
lovekohl
lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
It seems like the one thing I cannot get away from is chocolate. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the sugar, but I very specifically crave chocolate. Is there something else I can eat that will at least curb my craving but won't use up all my calories?

Replies

• patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Fruit
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    It seems like the one thing I cannot get away from is chocolate. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the sugar, but I very specifically crave chocolate. Is there something else I can eat that will at least curb my craving but won't use up all my calories?

Eat some chocolate, if you lack the will power to eat it in moderation get those single serving squares or something like that
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Eat some chocolate, if you lack the will power to eat it in moderation get those single serving squares or something like that

+1
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    jello sugar free fat free chocolate pudding.. works for me.
    hot chocolate.
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Fruit

Not to be rude but if you ever find a fruit that can cure a chocolate craving please let me know!!
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Be selective in your chocolate choice. I have 70% cacao Ghirardelli Twilight Delight. They come in a single serving square and just one sates the craving.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have been eating that Kellogg's Crave Double Chocolate cereal dry... I measure out a cup of it and have it as a bedtime snack with some almonds... Curbs any chocolate cravings I had and gives me something to look forward to at the end of the day... Best of Luck...
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I agree to just eat some chocolate. It's all about just having a tiny bit to curb that craving. For me, if I don't then I will over indulge later. Better to have a tiny bit when I really crave it then to deny myself and pay later.
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    lindt-excellence-squares.jpg

One of these, dark chocolate. 50 calories. Gets my craving and is portion controlled
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options

Dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips.

1 Tablespoon

eat 1 at a time and eat slowly (let them melt in your mouth). It satisfies my craving, dark chocolate has beneficial antioxidants AND it's not too bad calorie wise.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I don't deprive myself so I eat it! I ate a TON of junk these last few weeks, hehe. Just moderate yourself and be below your intake calorie wise. Think I will have another Twix bar today :) From reeses to Twix to ice cream and little debbies. Mmm. I eat it all baby! LOVE THE CHOCOLATE! :)
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I agree that very dark chocolate can kill the craving without making you want a ton of it.

Also, I like Healthy Choice Premium Fudge Bars. 100 calories.
  • pbaker8307
    pbaker8307 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well...hate to say it but when I crave chocolate...I eat chocolate.

Ghiridelli Intense Dark Midnight Reverie 86% cacao individually wrapped squares...a serving is 4 squares but one is really enough...well worth the 60 calories, 5.8g of fat and 1.2 g of sugar.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate when I'm craving chocolate. A few hershey kisses can cure the craving without too many calories.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I agree with others to just go ahead and have a small amount of chocolate. I personally can't do that because then I'll be tempted to have more. I just have a larabar. I'm eating one right now and it's called chocolate coconut chew. Delicious and curbs my craving.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who say to just eat a small amount of good quality chocolate, but assuming you're looking for other options I'm a big fan of the cocoa roasted almonds.
  • bicoastalgirl
    bicoastalgirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i eat chocolate when i crave chocolate. i get a piece of dark chocolate, because i prefer it, and just limit the amount.
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Fruit

Not to be rude but if you ever find a fruit that can cure a chocolate craving please let me know!!

I have eaten really cold watermelon and it has cut the craving.
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownie Bar- not great but it's so tasty!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate....... this took some getting used to. But now I think dark chocolate satisfies cravings much better than milk chocolate. More chocolate taste ... less sugar.