What do you eat when you crave chocolate?

Options

Replies

• chatter27
    chatter27 Posts: 121
    Options
    It is okay to eat chocolate when you have a craving, I do it sometimes. I will either have a piece of dark chocolate or I eat a fiber one oats and chocolate bar and occasionally a tablespoon of Nutella.
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    i love those mini chocolate chips... i take 10-15 of them and eat them one or two at a time. :-)
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I eat one square of Lindt 90% dark chocolate.

Or I stir a scoop of chocolate protein powder (in my case, the cleanish MRM egg white) into greek yogurt. Yum, like pudding.

Or I make hot chocolate with coconut milk, unsweetened cocoa and stevia.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    chocolate
  • crazybusymom
    crazybusymom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Praeventia Dark Chocolate Chip Hearts from costco (and other stores too)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    When I crave chocolate, I eat chocolate lol!

But I get really strong dark chocolate. A small piece of that is all I need.
  • Rabbitfeet
    Rabbitfeet Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yep the 70% Lindt or Green&Blacks is my solution I usually have 2 squares and a cup of tea and I am happy as can be :)
  • xtine4ever
    xtine4ever Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't have read this post. Now I want some chocolate. :D
  • HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    lindt-excellence-squares.jpg

One of these, dark chocolate. 50 calories. Gets my craving and is portion controlled

This!!

Now ALL I want is THIS!!! LOL!
  • bizorra
    bizorra Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have a cup of chai tea with a little bit of milk a sugar (more recently, with vanilla almond milk, yumm)... sometimes my craving for chocolate is actually a crazing for sweet and creamy and this fits the bill.

If that doesn't work, a square of dark chocolate, eaten very very slowly.
  • leserpent
    leserpent Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Really expensive *kitten* chocolate that I can't afford to each too much of.... :(
    Or can afford to eat often
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    i eat chocolate when i am craving it, just work my days calories around it, i find when i avoid it, i am more likely to slip off diet. also low cal hot chocolate is great for a hit and one i use is only 40cals a cup!
  • glacier81
    glacier81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like the single serving Philadelphia dark chocolate Indulgence! They are so rich and yummy!
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Fruit

Not to be rude but if you ever find a fruit that can cure a chocolate craving please let me know!!

Fruit dipped in Chocolate? :bigsmile:

Seriously, I dip some fruit (usually fresh pineapple or strawberries) in some melted chocolate or, if I'm really desperate, a tbsp of chocolate syrup or hot fudge. I don't like straight up chocolate (weird I know) but I love chocolate cake. I can't keep it around or I don't stop. I might have a piece of cake once a month but it has to be really really good cake.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I was getting to where I wanted chocolate every day so I decided to take a week off of sweets and now I don't feel like I have to have it any more. It can be in the house and I won't eat it just because it's there. Now if I want some chocolate, then I eat a little but I feel like I'm really in controle of how much I ete. Plus like somebody else said, I eat it slow and really let the taste of it sink in and then I can enjoy it as long or longer than I did when I was eating a lot more of it. Good luck!
  • leo02098
    leo02098 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It seems like the one thing I cannot get away from is chocolate. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the sugar, but I very specifically crave chocolate. Is there something else I can eat that will at least curb my craving but won't use up all my calories?

Eat some chocolate, if you lack the will power to eat it in moderation get those single serving squares or something like that

^^^ This!!

If you're craving chocolate, have some chocolate. To deny yourself could lead to a binge! Try Dove Promises. They're individually wrapped bites of heaven.....each one is 42 cals and 2.6g of fat (for the dark chocolate, which is my fave). Dove Chocolate also has a sugar free line....I"m not sure what they sub the sugar with...I have never tried them or looked to see. Hope you can find a way to curb your craving :)
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Fruit

Not to be rude but if you ever find a fruit that can cure a chocolate craving please let me know!!

This.

Just eat the chocolate... not all the chocolate though. Don't go over your clas first of all. Second, don't finish what's there. Have a taste, I find it'll tide me over for a few days.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Oh and sometimes a glass of good chocolate milk helps with the craving too.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    When I crave chocolate, I eat chocolate. Eat dark if you can, and buy portioned chocolate (like those squares) if you have trouble with control. If it's a conscience issue, you can always buy fair trade.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I keep m&m's at home. I eat a few and walk away. Sometimes just having a few will chill out my craving and I can move on.