What do you eat when you crave chocolate?

Options

Replies

• stestut
    stestut Posts: 42
    Options
    Chocolate! I keep bite sized Hershey's in my freezer. When I have a sweet tooth, I grab one, scan it in MFP and move on. Then you're feeding your craving but also holding yourself accountable.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Tisano chocolate tea! Unlike other chocolate teas..this one is the REAL Deal.
  • je6305
    je6305 Posts: 29
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate pudding with skim milk is delicious ...or try a Kind Plus bar they are absolutely AMAZING!!! They have a chocolate & peanut butter bar or a dark chocolate/cherry/almond bar and they are so delicious @ 190 cals
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    When I crave chocolate I eat CHOCOLATE. The real stuff. My favorites are Newman's Own Dark Chocolate flavored with orange (I think it's 52% cocoa), and Green Black mint flavored (I think it's about 70% cocoa). Yum.
  • Get_Me_Fit1
    Get_Me_Fit1 Posts: 194
    Options
    Skinny cow dreamy clusters <3 omfg so good. Their not bad for calories and they taste like the candies called "turtles!" Caramel, chocolate and i think nuts (: MMMMM
  • truecaligirl
    truecaligirl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Im having some cocoa roast almonds right now...mmm....I love chocolate with almonds because I love the crunch and let me tell you, these cocoa roasted almonds are really doing the trick for me.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    usually some chocolate...lol
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big chocolate fan (thank goodness)....but if I want something sweet....I keep Nature Valley Peanut Butter, Roasted Almond, & Dark Chocolate chewy protein bars!!!

I also keep Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds in Dark Chocolate around! YUMMMM!!!
  • SusuAtta
    SusuAtta Posts: 56
    Options
    Yes, a moderate amount of good dark chocolate is great (Yum).
    But sometimes I just get some chocolate almond milk. Gosh, it tastes just like liquid chocolate ice cream, and definitely cures my craving (120 cals for a cups of the sweetened kind, and you can get unsweetened for less) :happy:
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I also eat the lindt 70% dark. I find with the dark chocolate I can be satisfied with a square or two (75-125 cals) but if I try something like M&Ms I can easily hit the 300-400 cal range!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list of those that eat chocolate when I crave it. I have some everyday. I buy high quality dark chocolate (72% works for me). A little goes a long way.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    mushrooms....I know...weird....but I TOTALLY love raw mushrooms...
  • Taylortroxell
    Options
    As long as you stay above 70%, chocolate may not be a negaitve addition to your weekly diet. As always, moderation is key. Also, "Amazing Grass" is cocoa mixed with dehydrated sea vegetation, a nice addition to a smoothie to get your hint of cocoa & a ton of great veg! Finally, I have found that cocoa dusted almonds are a great snack & are chocolately enough to quench my cravings.
  • alemiszki
    alemiszki Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm eating a Hershey's bar right now. I saved calories just for this!
  • pcb148
    pcb148 Posts: 5
    Options
    Most of the time with chocolate, it isn't the cacao that's bad for you so much as all the things they add to it. (Gluten, etc.) If you like dark chocolate, there are lots of good varieties out there that cut down on the additives. I tend to splurge on Theo (a local Seattle company with organic, fair trade cacao). Their dark chocolate varieties are strong enough that I usually only need one square at a time, so a bar can last me a while. Also, it's kind of spendy so it's not something I'm going to buy very often.

And Fair Trade always tastes better!
  • cre8inmee
    cre8inmee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Learn to like dark chocolate - Ghiradelli's 86% cacao is smooth. Low on sugar. And NIPS your cravings for sugar.

ALSO....sooo good to nip the sugar craving. Put real baking coco (1-2 Tablespoons) in a cup of hot water. Add just enough stevia to make it tolerable. Can even add Whip cream (no sugar!)....it will KILL your craving.
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It seems like the one thing I cannot get away from is chocolate. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the sugar, but I very specifically crave chocolate. Is there something else I can eat that will at least curb my craving but won't use up all my calories?

When I crave chocolate, I eat chocolate.

It's not so much the what that you seem to be having problems with as the how much.

Buy a bag of hershey's kisses and limit yourself to 4 when you a craving. Over time, drop it to 3, then to 2, then to 1. I eat dark chocolate kisses. I have one to curb a craving. They are 20 calories.

The darker the chocolate you can stand (or like) the better.

Just remember, a craving can be sated by eating what you want. But in small quantities. And don't chew! Suck on the chocolate so it lasts about 1-2 minutes.

Also...I work in Tobacco Prevention and am always teaching people how to curb a craving for a cigarette.

The human brain takes approximately 10 minutes to pass by a craving. No, seriously. It's a psychological thing.

So...here are several things you can do to get over your craving:

1- Slowly eat a bag of baby carrots.
    2- Suck on something cinnamon flavored...this is psychologically linked to the brain and makes your cravings go away faster.
    3- Do a crossword puzzle.
    4- Get on the internet and learn to tie a fishing fly.
    5- Stretch

Now those are not all of the things you could do, but they are the ones that translate to nearly every craving situation. The one I recommend the most is to stretch for 10 minutes.

Your body's craving is most likely a response to stress. Stress can be created by sitting too long, by not eating enough or soon enough or by myriad other things...my big thing is when the owner of the ad agency I work with calls...when I see his number I want to eat an entire tub of ice cream because he drives me crazy!!! (contracts! Bah!)

Stretching can help make the stress go away. You can also go for a walk. Even if it's just around the office a couple times or over to a co-worker's desk to chat for a second. On weekends, go dig out a book. And tell yourself that you can have the chocolate at the next chapter. By the time you get there, you won't need it anymore. Especially if it's a really good book. I recommend The Looking Glass Wars or the Wicked series. Both have multiple books and are very good reads. You could also try the 50 Shades of Grey or the Wheel of Time. These are all books that will take your attention away from chocolate.

I also make photo books online. And I do that when I have cravings. Because it keeps my mind occupied.

Holla if you need more advice on the psychology of cravings. I do presentations about it all the time and would be happy to share the info.
  • debkc76
    debkc76 Posts: 7
    Options
    Chocolate flavor Dynamic Greens made by Nutri-Dyn-If you like dark chocolate this will help curb your craving for chocolate. It is a drink that you mix one scoop with water for 43 calories.
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Topic: What do you eat when you crave chocolate?

Chocolate.