What do you eat when you crave chocolate?

Options

Replies

• PurpleEpiphany
    Options
    Most of the time with chocolate, it isn't the cacao that's bad for you so much as all the things they add to it. (Gluten, etc.) If you like dark chocolate, there are lots of good varieties out there that cut down on the additives. I tend to splurge on Theo (a local Seattle company with organic, fair trade cacao). Their dark chocolate varieties are strong enough that I usually only need one square at a time, so a bar can last me a while. Also, it's kind of spendy so it's not something I'm going to buy very often.
  • missmayeb
    missmayeb Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I really like the Emerald's Cocoa Roast Almonds in Dark Chocolate. A cap full is 150 calories but you are getting good protein from the almonds along with your chocolate fix.

I also do dark chocolate kisses. 1 or 2 of them are so yummy especially if you let them just slowly melt in your mouth. . . .now I am craving them. . . .dang it!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Agree with just eat it... I also buy the individually wrapped dark chocolate... weight watchers also has some chocolate out there. :drinker:
  • cHaRlIe0411
    cHaRlIe0411 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    lindt-excellence-squares.jpg

One of these, dark chocolate. 50 calories. Gets my craving and is portion controlled

This!!
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Fisherman's Friend. I defy anyone to want to eat chocolate after one of those :wink:
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. I buy the dark chocolate squares - and keep them in the freezer in a container. That way, I take one out and if I want another it would be a pain to go get another one.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    It seems like the one thing I cannot get away from is chocolate. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the sugar, but I very specifically crave chocolate. Is there something else I can eat that will at least curb my craving but won't use up all my calories?

I eat chocolate. Really. Dark chocolate FTW. It's good for you and rich in taste enough to make me not feel the need to eat the whole bar. I love Ghirardelli 60% or 72% and it's under 60 calories a square and only a few grams of fat. Plus, all the antioxidants!
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I snag some low-carb Simply Light 45% Dark Chocolate with almonds from Trader Joe's. It is delicious, satisfying, and filling! Also pretty affordable, so hopefully you have a TJ's near you so you can try it out. The great thing is that this is a no sugar (it has sugar alcohols, though) option!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Dove sugar-free chocolates.
    Someone posted a recipe for 90 calorie chocolate mug cake - awesome!
    Sugar-free fudge bars
    Sugar-free chocolate pudding
    Dr. Oz Butt-Busting brownies
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    chocolate
  • Stefanie99
    Stefanie99 Posts: 45
    Options
    jello sugar free fat free chocolate pudding.. works for me.
    hot chocolate.

^^Ditto :smile:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    chocolate or chocolate ice cream.

if im craving something, I make room for it.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Fruit

Not to be rude but if you ever find a fruit that can cure a chocolate craving please let me know!!

Chocolate covered fruit. :tongue:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Fruit

Not to be rude but if you ever find a fruit that can cure a chocolate craving please let me know!!

Fruit dipped in Chocolate? :bigsmile:
  • LeslieSJR
    LeslieSJR Posts: 64
    Options
    I buy high cacao content chocolate bars and then store them in a jar broken into squares. Sweet Riot is a good brand, with each little square being about 10 calories. I also eat (carefully measured!) chocolate covered almonds.
  • Psstreow
    Psstreow Posts: 3
    Options
    I eat the chocolate, my dilema is in moderation. A bite of dark choco & a nut at the same time is full of flavorable and not too much guilt! :)
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with coco powder and peanut butter mixed in. Sometimes I add some vanilla protein powder and dark chocolate chips also.
  • stefaniecagno
    Options
    Chocolate Raspberry Newton's Fruit Thins are delicious, and not awful calorie-wise.
  • Themuseinme
    Themuseinme Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I never crave chocolate- but do crave sweets!
    Ice cream the most
  • russeljames
    russeljames Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Chocolate...or nutella...but eat what ya want just dont be a pig about it.