When I think about giving up on my diet, (fill in the rest)

Options
123457»

Replies

• taureanbeauty293
    taureanbeauty293 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ...I remember all of the smokin' hot clothes I'm gonna buy when I get to GW!

And look in the mirror to remind myself why I want to change my lifestyle in the first place. Oddly enough, brushing my teeth helps too! :laugh:
  • shanndigity
    shanndigity Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I remember all the girls that have made comments about my body!!!
  • shanndigity
    shanndigity Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Remember how damn good I will look with my boobs!
  • JessMySize
    JessMySize Posts: 130
    Options
    Realize that losing weight could change my life in every aspect.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ...I remember, "oh yeah, I'm not actually on a restrictive diet but just enjoying a healthy lifestyle that includes the foods I most want to eat anyhow."

Look up the definition of diet or better yet actually read the first page.

Welcome to MFP.

Now, why don't you tell me your definition of the word...because my definition is simply, "what one eats."
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I remember how much better I feel now.
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :happy: ... I change my mind.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I look at my wedding dress that I have to wear in 38 days :-| Also cutandjacked.com has an amazing female fitness motivation video that I tend to watch daily.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I realise that it isn't something that can be switched on or off and the stuff that I am thinking of eating is actually no good for me.
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I remember I want to be a size 18 and get to wear the pretty underwear instead of that ugly stuff they have for plus size chicks.
  • Heather060801
    Heather060801 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think about how I want to live to see all my children graduate from high school, get married and have children of their own.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Everybody's answers are so inspiring! Thanks for helping me stay motivated!!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Motivating thread.

I think of how disappointed I will be later. How calories can't make me happy. How I would like to be a beautiful wife someday .
    How easy it is to gain a couple lbs. How easy it is to let food take over. How much hard work I've put into my lifestyle changes.

I look in the mirror and imagine how much progress I could make...

YES. I realize I am commenting on a very old topic. Lol.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I think about how much better I feel now, how I wanna look in my wedding dress in Aug, and health repercussions of quitting. I also like to think of the fitness goals I've achieved and plan to achieve. I did a 5k last Sat!
  • pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That it is something I want more than anything else in the world and that I'm not about to let myself down.

YUP to this!

Exactly.

Also, I think about how I'll look without extra weight. I haven't seen myself fit in more than a decade.
  • darthmolly
    darthmolly Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I remind myself it is one step at a time, one choice at a time, and I delay the instant gratification. I always remind myself, this is a life style choice, not restriction for the rest of my life. I can have ice cream another time (ice cream is my greatest weakness).
  • shosh413
    shosh413 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I remind myself that i am not my feelings, and this craving will go away!!
    but now that i think of it i don't really have a specific why.... hmmm
    how about im doing this because I wanna be proud and feel good about my decisions and my body!!
  • julialongoria9
    Options
    I think about why I started