can you date your brothers ex wife

Options

Replies

• Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    so wrong!

and never date your friends exes either. gosh, I thought everyone knew these unwritten rules.
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    JERRY JERRY JERRY!

Go on the Jerry Springer show, this is good tv!
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I would say if you make each other happy you should go for it. It's sounds like your relationship with your brother isn't great to begin with.
  • je551caDan13ls
    Options
    NO no no no no no no no no no....not even a tad bit okay....may have hit it off but not cool.
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Is this your audition for the J Springer show? Better add some more, I'm pretty sure this ones been done before.
  • soccermom121
    soccermom121 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My mom married brothers... after she divorced one obviously :) So my sister is my cousin and my dad is her uncle! Makes for an interesting story but our family gets along great. I say go for it if makes you happy!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Hey, go for it. I mean, in biblical times you'd probably have been obliged to marry her, or stone her to death. Not really sure which one applies.

Don't stone her to death.

Coffee out nose. :laugh:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I get the story, but that sill doesn't make it OK. BAD IDEA.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    My sisters husband, his x-wife did just that. They ended up married and so the kids are
    cousins and 1/2 brother and sister.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    My mom married brothers... after she divorced one obviously :) So my sister is my cousin and my dad is her uncle! Makes for an interesting story but our family gets along great. I say go for it if makes you happy!
    LOL...and you're clearly traumatized and scarred for life by the situation! :laugh:
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Something smells rotten in Denmark.

Kudos, I won't fix the quote :p
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Even if I didn't speak to my brother, there is no way I'd consider it.

Did it ever cross your mind that this is some type of payback!!

Both of you are nuts!!!!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Ok your brother and his ex have obviously moved on, now you want to bring both of their pasts back into their lives.
    Do you and your brother see each other often? Does your family do holidays together?
    Does your nephew want to see a dad who hasn’t done anything for him in a long time? More than just you and her are at stake here.
    I think first off the child should be thought of, then look further..
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Two words - 'Uncle Daddy'

^^This!!
  • JmeHarris
    JmeHarris Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm only surprised by the number of people who are saying to go ahead. I'm all for a "live and let live" approach to life, but some things are just not cool. This is one of them.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Point by point:

I have only met her once before and that was ten years ago
    - doesn't matter, it's your brother's ex-wife

they divorced 8 years ago

i havent seen her or talked to her in ten years

we kinda hit it off. it wasnt expected

And if i am single and she is single whats it hurt right

or am i way off base
    - yes, you are

well he hasnt seen his son in years.. he is not in his life he doesnt even pay child support
    - this matters, it makes your brother a piece of ****. But it's still your brother's ex-wife

am i just making this stuff up in my head that it is ok because we really like each other or should i just not do it

Need anything else explained?

Bahhhahaaahaaa
  • theskinnysociopath
    Options
    well it's not exactly the best idea. Clearly things didn't end right. you should probably keep looking
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    Oh man, I'm glad I'm not in this situaiton but I have committed my fair share of social faux-pas, so....I would say give it a try. Unless your brother and you are totally buddy-buddy, but it sounds like maybe he wasn't that great of a guy to her so....I'd say give it a go! Lots of people might say it's off-limits according to the "rules," but I don't really believe in rules for things like dating. You have to do what works for you, not everybody else.
  • QLWard1
    QLWard1 Posts: 2
    Options
    There are certain "lines" that you should never cross-regardless of the situation. This is definitely one of them. Ask her if she can hook you up with one of her single friends.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    `