• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Hit a new 5 rep PR on deads last night.
    375x5
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Returning to lifting more regularly after a quite half hearted period, so my numbers are down a little.

Bench - 100lb
    Deadlift 2 x 35 kg dumbbells (154 lb ish) -moving up to the bar soon, but nervous about it.
    Leg press 75 kg (165 lb)

I've had endless issues with squats and my dodgy hypermobile knees, so am working on bodyweight only squats for now, till my form is perfect and my knees feel good, then I'll try again with weighted squats. So for now my personal record there is 65 squats (2 x 20, 1 x 25). I know it's a bit pathetic, but given the issues I've had with squats, I'm quite pleased with it.

Not bad for a fat chick, I think. But I'm aiming for more.
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I feel so weak reading this thread :p

I've not done a one rep max, but in doing NROL4W, my favs are the deadlift and the squats.

In the deadlift I'm at 155 x 8
    and the squat I am at 150 x 8

It's something.
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options

I've not done a one rep max, but in doing NROL4W, my favs are the deadlift and the squats.

It's something.

Same here, i love deadlifts and squats part of NROL4W.... m still on stage 1, week 2.
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hit a new 5 rep PR on deads last night.
    375x5

superb mate
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I'm really impressed with the numbers y'all are putting up. Great work!

I'm on week 8 of Stronglifts 5x5 and the only lift I've tried to do more than what the program says to lift is deadlifts I did 1 rep of 225 last week (I've added 10lbs per workout a couple times to the bench press too) I have no idea what my maxes are on any of the lifts at this point but I'm getting close on OHP - 90lbs 5x5 yesterday and it was tough. I only have 230lbs of weights so I'll need to buy a couple more plates in the next week or so for my deadlifts.

Most importantly - my wife said she noticed my arms getting bigger :smile:

My current plan is to keep doing Stronglifts 3 times a week until the end of August when I start training for a couple of half marathons - then I'll knock it back to twice a week. After I get done with a few races through the fall and winter I'm considering starting Wendler's 5/3/1 in the spring. I really like the look of that program and I'm really getting sick of doing squats every time.

Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Just started back after 12 year layoff from PL. I'm 6'3" and I weigh 240 now and hoping to get down to 215-220 BW and 12%BF. These are numbers from 12 years ago and numbers as of today. I've been back in the gym 6 months and have gained some of my strength back.

As of today - Age 46:
    Bench-375 lbs. 1RM 07/22/12
    Incline Bench-340 lbs. 1RM 07/18/12
    Incline Burn out set- 225x20 reps 07/22/12
    Squat-410 lbs. 1RM
    Dead Lift- 425 lbs. 1RM

All time raw max lifts are at 270 lb. BW 01/28/2001 Age 34:
    Bench-505 lbs. 1RM
    Incline Bench-405 lbs. 1RM
    Squat-550 lbs. 1RM
    Dead Lift- 605 lbs. 1RM

Mile - 7:02 February 2012 at BW of 223 lbs.
    5km - 27 minutes

Edit- forgot to put my height in.
  • dr3wman
    dr3wman Posts: 205
    Options
    Just hit my first 500lb deadlift at the end of my cut!

1 Rep max:
    Bench: 250
    Squat: 245 (never tried more)
    Deadlift: 500

Current weight ~185

Been working hard on bringing up the squat..and I refuse to cheat on the reps so the weight is going up slowly. Changing my split for my upcoming bulk and I'll be doing legs twice a week so Im really hoping to get the squat somewhere between 315 and 345 before January.
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    Still in a novice progression but I like the vibe of this thread so here are the current stats:

Male, 49, 6'2", 170lbs

Bench: 125 lbs 5X5
    OHP: 85 lbs 5X5
    Squat: 160 lbs 5X5
    Barbell Row: 115 lbs 5X5
    Deadlift: 215 lbs 1X5

Very impressed with some of the 1RM stats being put up here!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    ****, more great stuff being posted; I wish I had more time to comment. Great work everybody!

I still see things about feeling weak and what not. Don't feel that way, that's not what this thread is about. Take pride in your effort and your progress, the strength will come in time. :)

Today was Lower Body Max Effort day and I hit a 1rep max of 365lbs on the Back Squat, up 35lbs from 330lbs. The time period between attempts is about six weeks. :smile: :drinker:
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    I deadlift 95lbs.....don't be jealous LOL
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    You could be right on that. It's all self taught as the gym I go to isn't focused on weight training at all (more for circuit/cardio training). I'm seriously looking at another gym where every one of the staff competes, mostly BB, but there are also a few power lifters there. I think just having them to keep an eye on my form will be useful. I'd never even attempted a deadlift until 5 months ago... so much wasted time... :ohwell:

//quote] That is exactly my gym. So many cardio classes but nothing on weight training!
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    5'11

-Best Ever-
    Dead - 500 (Jan-Feb 2012)
    Bench - 315 (April 2011)
    Squat - 405 (October-November 2011)

-Current-
    Dead - 405
    Bench - 275
    Squat - 315
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    28, 5'3", 143lbs

only started lifting in june:

squat @ 110 (5x5)
    bench press @ 75 (5x5)
    deadlift @ 135 (1x5)

i haven't tried 1RM since i lift alone and don't want to hurt myself. hehe.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

That's not bad for a chiuaua! j/k. Sorry, your profile pic made me laugh. Good effort, the strength will come in-time. Keep it up!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options

It's something.

it's definitely something!! be PROUD!!!! :glasses:
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wow impressive everyone!

I have been lifting for about 7 wks, but taking it really easy this week b/c I have the Warrior Dash this weekend and want to compete so I am told relax a bit! :smile:

My stats are too bad, but my goal is to be able to kick *kitten* real soon! I am 4'11" and 130lbs right now...

Deadlift - 210lbs x 1 my normal is 165x8 I do 3 sets
    Bench - 95lbs x 8 3 sets
    Squats - 140lbs x 12 3 sets
    Incline Bench - 70lbs x 10 3 sets (this one frustrates me I want more!)
    Leg Press - 275 x 10 3 sets

Great thread! I don't know if my numbers are anything to brag about but I am happy with them :blushing:
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options

That's not bad for a chiuaua! j/k. Sorry, your profile pic made me laugh. Good effort, the strength will come in-time. Keep it up!

Thanks brah...'preciate it
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I started lifting for real in February for the very first time. I get to eat over 2k cals a day (huge bonus there, and beats the hell out of starving yourself) do New Rules of lifting, which aren't exactly "traditional" moves buts here's what I have

I've lost 15lbs, 16in
    Squat 130x6
    Deadlift110x6
    Bent over row 90x4
    Wide grip lat pull downs 105x4
    Underhand lat pull down 110x6
    Dumbbell bench press 70ish

I only run intervals about 2xweek as my only form of cardio except for a zumba class I take once per month during my "rest" week.

Not to bad considering I started with body weight exercises :)
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

I have never seen any woman squat, with good form at least, more than 135lbs so nice work! That's so awesome and so hot at the same time. ;)

Doh. Was about to say I finally hit 135 on my squat with excellent form. Womp womp.